• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/04/introducing-designed-for-xbox-mobile-gaming-accessories/
Since announcing the expansion to mobile gaming accessories in the Designed for Xbox ecosystem last October, we have been working continuously to ensure our hardware enables the mobile gaming vision, to empower gamers to play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want.

We are excited to announce our lineup of Designed for Xbox mobile gaming accessories, available for pre-order or purchase today. Starting on September 15, taking your favorite Xbox titles with you will be easier than ever with the launch of cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (sold separately); making that experience feel like home is where the hardware comes in.

Razer Kishi
XboxWire_Images_Razer_Kishi.jpg

Winner of Best of CES and People's Choice awards 2020, the Razer Kishi Universal Mobile Gaming Controller for Android is bringing its ergonomic design to the Designed for Xbox program. The integrated Xbox Button, Clickable Analog Thumbsticks and low-latency USB-C connection provide console-quality control for most Android smartphones.
The Razer Kishi Universal Mobile Gaming Controller for Android is available in select markets today at Microsoft Store and other select retailers worldwide for $99.99 USD.

PowerA's MOGA XP5-X Plus
XboxWire_Images_PowerA_XP5-X.jpg

Back in November, PowerA was the first Designed for Xbox partner to release a licensed mobile gaming accessory: The MOGA Mobile Gaming Clip for Xbox Wireless Controllers. Now, PowerA is back with another great mobile gaming accessory for Xbox fans – the MOGA XP5-X Plus Bluetooth Controller for cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

PowerA's MOGA XP7-X Plus
XboxWire_Images_PowerA_XP7-X.jpg

This controller is compatible with most Android mobile and tablet devices, as well as PC. The MOGA XP7-X Plus gives mobile gamers two ways to play – expanded with your device clamped inside or retracted with your device placed on the removeable stand. The integrated 2000mAh Qi Power Bank allows you to wirelessly charge your device while you game, and the two mappable Advanced Gaming Buttons give you a competitive edge while gaming on the go. The PowerA XP7-X Plus will be available in select markets for $99.99 USD starting Holiday 2020.

PowerA's MOGA Mobile Gaming Clip 2
XboxWire_Images_PowerA_MOGA-Clip.jpg

A refreshed model of their original MOGA Mobile gaming clip that will fit Xbox Wireless Controllers, including the Xbox Series X version. This clip is engineered with dual locking articulation points to create a balanced and ergonomic viewing angle and adds rubberized grips to secure and protect your phone. The new PowerA MOGA Mobile Gaming Clip 2 will be available from Microsoft Store and other select retailers worldwide starting Winter 2020 for $14.99 USD.

8BitDo's SN30 Pro
XboxWire_Images_8BitDo_SN30.jpg

The SN30 Pro for Android utilizes 8BitDo's Precision Software allowing you to modify button mapping, adjust stick and trigger sensitivity, and create controller profiles to bring your mobile gaming experience to a new level of customization. The SN30 Pro for Android also includes a pro-level gaming clip with adjustable positioning and expandable clip to fit a range of smartphone devices, allowing you to set your phone to the perfect angle for optimal gameplay and comfort. The 8BitDo SN30 Pro for Android will be available in select markets September 21 for $44.99 USD, but you can pre-order from Amazon and select retailers today.

8BitDo's Mobile Clip
XboxWire_Images_8BitDo_Clips.jpg

The 2-axis adjustable positioning enables you to easily find the sweet spot for your game style and the clips expand to fit most Android smartphones. The 8BitDo Mobile Gaming Clips for Xbox Controllers will launch September 21 and is available for pre-order for $14.99 USD from Amazon.

SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless
XboxWire_Images_SteelSeries_Arctis1.jpg

The SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox is just the headset for it. This 4-in-1 wireless gaming headset allows you to move seamlessly from Xbox gaming to mobile gaming using the compact USB-C dongle for your Android device, giving you gaming-grade audio on-the-go. Equipped with a noise cancelling detachable ClearCast mic and the same high-performance speaker drivers from the award-winning SteelSeries Arctis 9X, your voice is clear and gaming audio is emphasized for an unrivaled audio advantage. The SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox is available for purchase today from Microsoft Store and other select retailers worldwide for $99.99 USD.

Last edited:

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
I got a Kishi on a whim a few weeks ago and have been using it plenty on my android not just for Xcloud/in home game streaming but also for certain android games. The sticks feel like they have a bit of a deadspot which makes FPS a bit weird to play but any platformers, fighting games, or racing really works well

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I got a Kishi on a whim a few weeks ago and have been using it plenty on my android not just for Xcloud/in home game streaming but also for certain android games. The sticks feel like they have a bit of a deadspot which makes FPS a bit weird to play but any platformers, fighting games, or racing really works well
Is there an app where you can play around with deadzone settings?

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
Is there an app where you can play around with deadzone settings?

Actually, I take that back. Just downloaded a gamepad tester for android and the sticks do show immediate response. What I'm feeling as deadzone in a FPS might just be that it's not as quality a stick as an official xbox controller, that's it's a shorter stick, and probably also the slight network lag.

Nov 1, 2017
The PowerA's MOGA XP7-X Plus looks really nice, and a good idea to combine it with a charging bank, and for the same price as a Kishi as well. I wonder if the phone would get hot though if it was charging and enclosed like it would be. Might need to see if there are any impressions in the wild before i put money down for that one. I've deliberately got myself a new 5G phone with a decent sized screen pretty much just to future proof myself for xCloud.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I have a kishi but I'm curious about the logs xp7x can be both switch like or over the top

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I also got a Kishi recently and have had the same experience with the sticks. They feel good on most games, but shooters do feel kinda weird. I only tried Destiny 2 via Steam Link.

The Kishi is a great piece of kit. I love that it has pass through charging and isn't Bluetooth or have its own battery yiu need to worry about charging. My only complaint is that my current (minimal) phone case doesn't fit in it, but that's pretty minor.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have like 4 compatible controllers and I STILL want that damn Kishi. Why am I like this?

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I was not expecting $100 controllers for mobile devices, hoping prices come down soon.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Razr Kishi is sick. I bought it on a recommendation from somewhere here. Works great w/ Pixel 3. Built in USB C port is really nice for charging while playing too.

Only drawback is the button colors don't match that of the Xbox in the one that I own. They're like blue and green or something.

I really prefer the Kishi over the bluetooth clips. The clips work fine and blueooth is fine, but it's just like one more piece of friction to getting the game launching and playing. Kishi performance is really good.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have like 4 compatible controllers and I STILL want that damn Kishi. Why am I like this?
It's amazing. Really. I have the moga clip but Kishi is much better

im interested by the other kishi like moga ONLY if has rumbles. Otherwise kishi is the best

and works amazing with GeForce now , stadia , and ps4

J.Devesh

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If only my connection could have a decent stability and will not disconnect every 15 minutes... >__>

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dont Forget to take this plastic off the Kishi if you want to use your phone with a protective case

V1ltYG8.jpg

m23

Oct 25, 2017
The Kishi looks so damn slick, but it's so expensive here in Canada.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I 100% would be down for the one that looks like a Switch, but I would much rather just have Xcloud on my actual Switch!

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really interested in the Kishi. There WILL be an iOS version also, I'm just guessing they aren't rushing it out

www.razer.com

Universal Gaming Controller for iPhone - Razer Kishi

Razer Kishi is a next-gen cloud gaming-ready, universal controller for your mobile devices, featuring clickable analog thumbsticks and latency-free game play for smooth control.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
These are cool and I actually preordered the 8bitdo controller a while back. I'm pissed that SteelSeries put out a new Arctis 1 Wireless instead of just issuing an update to the existing headset. Such a bullshit move on their end and I'm not sure if I'll buy another one of their products after it dies.

All of these are for Android. Is there a chance xCloud won't launch with iOS this fall?
They announced that it wasn't.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Has input lag on controllers been improved on android? I had huge amount of input lag on bluetooth and less but still noticable hardwired with my ps4 controller. Using a galaxy s9. Are those controllers better?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Careful on the razer kishi had to return mine twice because of problems with the sticks.
No issue and I have it since launch. Bad luck buddy

Has input lag on controllers been improved on android? I had huge amount of input lag on bluetooth and less but still noticable hardwired with my ps4 controller. Using a galaxy s9. Are those controllers better?
Kishi is usb connected. It's perfect

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
It's great that 8bitdo is now partnering with Microsoft. The kishi looks great but I've read a lot of reviews regarding subpar d-pad so I will hold until an improved version gets a released.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Disappointing that the MOGA XP7-X Plus is bluetooth only; that otherwise hits all the items that I want in a phone controller (critically, remappable underside buttons)

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really interested in the Kishi. There WILL be an iOS version also, I'm just guessing they aren't rushing it out

www.razer.com

Universal Gaming Controller for iPhone - Razer Kishi

Razer Kishi is a next-gen cloud gaming-ready, universal controller for your mobile devices, featuring clickable analog thumbsticks and latency-free game play for smooth control.
No need to I suppose, with no xCloud streaming app for the forseeable future. Such a bummer.

Nov 1, 2017
Disappointing that the MOGA XP7-X Plus is bluetooth only; that otherwise hits all the items that I want in a phone controller (critically, remappable underside buttons)

Ah man, that rules it out for me then. Kishi it is. Adding extra bluetooth latancy to xCloud that's already fighting an uphill battle with latancy isn't going to work for me.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
The Kishi does look quite interesting, I agree.

Man, Xbox is doing so much stuff right for this gen, I almost feel bad that I won't have need for the console itself :D

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the regular Kishi will work exactly the same for xCloud, literally just the buttons are different (as above)? Because it's 20 quid less.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Anything for tablets, would love an attachment for my Tab S6? If not I'll just 3D print something.
I think the plan for tablets is just to have them set up on a table while you use a standard wireless controller. I had seen some patents/prototypes of little attachments you'd put on each of the bottom corners that would both be like half a controller, but I'm guessing the overall weight of tablets makes that use case a bit unrealistic.

Oct 27, 2017
Another recommendation for the Kishi here. I love it. Only negative is the that it doesn't pass through audio through the USB C port so you'll need Bluetooth headphones. These add sound lag so I suggest the Hammerhead buds from Razer to minimize audio lag.