• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which will you be purchasing

• Playstation 5

Votes: 1,938 52.8%
  • XBOX Series X

Votes: 985 26.8%
  • Both in due course

Votes: 745 20.3%

• Total voters

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox. I love everything I've seen and heard about it so far, and I'm already pretty deep into their ecosystem with Game Pass Ultimate.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
PS5 mainly because Sony\Nintendo is always the way to go and always has been. You get all the exclusives + games Xbox never gets, which is pretty much all Japanese games so no reason to ever have an Xbox, personally.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is a very ineffective poll. I'm not buying either console at launch and certainly am not buying two consoles that are virtually the same.

This generation I transitioned into a near PC-only gamer, so if there was a console I'd buy eventually it'd be a PS5, depending if it had an exclusive library that I found appealing.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I still trust Sony for original games that will impress. Also the SSD speeds will make using the console an absolute joy as there won't be a sign of lag anywhere doing anything (I should expect!). It's still powerful and hardly like the rumoured Lockheart console vs XSX in terms of power "gulf". The difference is rather small at the end of the day so I'm happy to stick with Sony at launch.

The Series X and the whole Xbox proposition with Gamepass is winning me over though and I honestly think I will own an Xbox at some point in the next two or three years. Sooner if Halo shapes up well.

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
PS5 all the way for me based on personal taste for japanese style games. Persona, Yakuza (although some are finally getting released on Xbox as we speak) and many others are exclusive to either Sony or Nintendo. So I'm quite set.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Day 1 PS5 to carry over my catalog, and exclusives. Xbox is tempting so I will get one eventually (maybe even during launch window).

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
if i had a big microsoft library to take advantage of that bc itd be xsx, but as of right now im locked in on ps5 because of their 1st party studios.

but i really hope ms can get their 1st party situation in order this gen, the competition in console market havent been as fierce as it needs to be for years

Weeniekuns

Oct 27, 2017
I own at least 75+ titles on PSN.... I own maybe 1 title on XBL... you don;t even need to tell me the specs to make this decision

B-Man

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation5, I love the first party games.
And Lockhart if it's cheap and bundled with GamePass

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mainly PC / mobile gamer. Will buy PS5 for the exclusives.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Nothing changed for me, PS5 day 1. It looks like (well sounds like because they haven't showed it yet) a great console and they will have their amazing exclusives to go with it too.

Series X is a fantastic bit of kit but Microsoft need to show me more new IP's and better quality exclusives before I jump in, more Gears, Halo and Forza won't win me over. Hopefully they are on the right track again now but they need to stick that landing.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I 'may' get a PS5 depending on what games Sony announces. I'm not bothered by what is the most powerful console - in reality most games will look 98% the same. All my multiplat games are on PC anyway.

nismopower

Oct 29, 2017
Im gonna go with ps5. Its easy have alot of ps4 games, and want to play them when it launches. Also and cant emphasize this enough, only one console comes with gran turismo so it never was a possiblity i was getting a xsx, although it is a amazing machine and looks cool! It just isnt my cup a tea.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Two PS5s.
Both consoles are packed with great tech, but the games are all that matter.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think ill get both. I'll get xbox for single player games and ps4 for online and single player games.

Both hooked up to my game room. And ill keep my ps4 pro for my other tv.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
PS5 at launch. Cautiously optimistic I'll have a XSX at some point depending on price and catalog. I really like my 1X and GamePass combo.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
We know nothing about the games or the fucking price yet, it's way too soon to tell.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
PS5. I want access to the Sony exclusives and if I really want an Xbox game I have a gaming pc (and I have yet to actually bother with any ms exclusives though flight simulator will change that). Or if I really decide the quality of a third party game is so much better on pc I have a pc for that.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interested in both, more so the X because of Halo, BC and new game studios but honestly, time and money, I dunno. I usually get a PlayStation after a good selection of exclusives come up and generally the slim version.

Morgenstern

Oct 28, 2017
I'll eventually get both, but am going to wait things out to dive in when their libraries are bigger and to see if any issues arise with the launch hardware.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
My priority is likely to be PS5 because Sony has always had a library that better matches my tastes. However, it's likely that I will also pick up an XSX at some point if for no other reason than because it can replace my 360 and One in one box.

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
None at launch but I'm more likely to play big Xbox exclusives at launch thanks to PC Gamepass before eventually buying a PS5.

On PS5 I am most excited about VR.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Dominant victory for the ps5 in the poll and I'd guess this forum is biased towards UK and USA markets.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
This gen has erie feeling of 360 and PS3 all over again. Both were bleeding edge when they launched (albiet for different reasons: cell and xenos). I am loving it but like that gen, I am gonna wait a bit before diving in on both.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
My Xbox library is bonkers, even before Game Pass. So that's a no brainer.

I don't get the exclusive argument now. There are soooooo many games available at launch for both systems because of back compat and Game Pass and PSNow and whatever that it hardly matters. Gens used to launch dry, with games trickling out. Pick up either console and GPass or PSNow and you're set for months and months. You will never be short something great, at your fingertips, and affordable to play. Not to mention the FTP Apex and Fortnite and Phantasy Star Online 2s of the world, waiting to be played. (I'm bit obsessed with PSO2 at the moment - though don't get me started on the controller integration.)

You could literally never pay more than half price for a game, play a game a week via purchase or sub, and only play metacritic 80+ games on either platform and, from day one, have no problem and never run out of games. Ever.

Both of these consoles are going to offer great experiences this gen. We're in for a good few years. If we survive the plague and climate, of course.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
We know nothing about the games or the fucking price yet, it's way too soon to tell.
Good point. I guess my view on this is that the PS5 will probably be reasonably priced, while the XSX is being positioned as a premium console so I expect a premium price. Which is why I take a more wait and see approach with the XSX. My PS4 experience was great for the most part, so Sony gets a sale automatically.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
PS5 on day one.

I'm upgrading my PC this summer after the new Nvidia cards are revealed, so I won't miss out on any Xbox games.

Seb

Oct 25, 2017
Toulouse
The spec are completely irrelevant. I put thousands of dollar on the PSN this gen, I'm not switching now. I bet I'm not alone to be captive to an ecosystem now, I would say this gen was the one not to loose for this reason.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
My Xbox library is bonkers, even before Game Pass. So that's a no brainer.

I don't get the exclusive argument now. There are soooooo many games available at launch for both systems because of back compat and Game Pass and PSNow and whatever that it hardly matters. Gens used to launch dry, with games trickling out. Pick up either console and GPass or PSNow and you're set for months and months. You will never be short something great, at your fingertips, and affordable to play. Not to mention the FTP Apex and Fortnite and Phantasy Star Online 2s of the world, waiting to be played. (I'm bit obsessed with PSO2 at the moment - though don't get me started on the controller integration.)

You could literally never pay more than half price for a game, play a game a week via purchase or sub, and only play metacritic 80+ games on either platform and, from day one, have no problem and never run out of games. Ever.

Both of these consoles are going to offer great experiences this gen. We're in for a good few years. If we survive the plague and climate, of course.
I mean I love GamePass and hope PS5's version of PSNow is closer to that, but that does not stop me from considering exclusives as the selling point of a launch day console. I want new games with my new console. I already have "backwards compatibility" with my existing PS4Pro and X1X. I'll be more concerned with next generation's BC after I sell/give away/have a funeral for my old consoles.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The spec are completely irrelevant. I put thousands of dollar on the PSN this gen, I'm not switching now. I bet I'm not alone to be captive to an ecosystem now, I would say this gen was the one not to loose for this reason.
Yep, I'm way too invested in Sony's ecosystem to shift my main console at this point.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Both, but probably not XSX at launch. Hard to justify both at the same time when I can play Halo Infinite on my PC.

SPDIF

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Sony's current messaging around BC worry you at all?