• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which will you be purchasing

• Playstation 5

Votes: 1,938 52.8%
  • XBOX Series X

Votes: 985 26.8%
  • Both in due course

Votes: 745 20.3%

• Total voters

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neither a launch. I'm open to both but it depend of the exclusives which make me inclined to buy the PS5 but Gamepass is a great value too.

Mallaboo

Nov 2, 2017
I'm 99% certain buying PS5 as they have far superior exclusive games, i'll buy an Xbox a few years down the line when it's more affordable.

Scias

Oct 27, 2017
France
Can only afford one console and it's gonna be the PS5, but probably not at launch.
No interest in the Xbox.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4 consoles and 2 handhelds and Sony hasn't disappointed me so far. I love their girst party games and know I can trust them to deliver.

I am still pissed at the original Xbox One "vision" and don't regard the MS first party releases as highly. The Series X and their new first party studio acquisitions look good though.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
PS5 first and XsX later. Mainly because of how MS will have mostly crossgen the first two years which means that i don't need to upgrade immediately.

Both consoles are incredible to me and 1 or 2 years ago I would never have guessed that the next gen consoles would be such powerhouses.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
PS5 for me. The games I want to play are on playstation. Japanese games are mainly on playstation. Unless Xbox scores a japanese game that I won't be playing anywhere else, even on PC, there just isn't anything interesting Xbox is offering for me. Honestly I can't bring myself to have any interest in most Xbox exclusive games. I only like Forza Horizon and Ori from Xbox this gen and I played those on PC.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
PS5 at launch
I've been playing on a base ps4 on 1080p
So pS5 plus a 4ktv is gonna be a huge leap for me even if the launch games suck

I truly don't have time to play both Xbox and PlayStation, and I've been with playstation since the PSone, so I'll just stick with it

horizon first noon
Last of us Tokyo drift
Uncharted Drakes Survival

can't waitfor these

oh and Spider-Man 2 Doc Ocks revenge

Tusken77

Oct 27, 2017
England, United Kingdom
PlayStation 5 at launch. Listening to yesterday's presentation and the responses from devs/jschreier's comments, I've never been more excited for a console launch.

XSX, never. Zero interest.

jayspeed

Sep 19, 2019
Xbox Series X at launch assuming it's under $600. I won't buy a PS5. Playstation exclusives don't suit my tastes but I'm glad both consoles are over 10 teraflops so cross gen games will look good on both.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Strictly due to heritage and strength of SW then PS5. I'd like to have both at some point but it's hard to justify when you have a high end PC.

I sense the advancements in storage and the IO of the PS5 will make even PC people jealous for a bit. XB is clearly more powerful on paper but that has never been enough for me on any platform.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
User warned: Platform warring; Metacommentary
Gotta say for sony era this poll is way way closer than I would have ever dreamed here! Props xbox marketing!

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Gotta say for sony era this poll is way way closer than I would have ever dreamed here! Props xbox marketing!
Yeah, kind of surprising for an Era PlayStation vs Xbox poll. it's not going to be the same thing like PS4 over XB1 - I just don't see it happening. MS is being very careful and open with their plans. They are doing a very good job this time.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Bought a Wii, 360 and PS3 at launch
Bought a Wii U, Switch, Xbox One and PS4 at launch
Will buy both at launch, no regrets whatsoever.

Neither only fools buy at launch.

You can have your opinion. No need for name-calling. I have the disposable and I'm an enthusiast. So I buy at launch and I trade up for the iterations.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
Voted PS5 here.
It's the only place I'll be able to play GoW 2, Spider-Man 2, HZD 2, Gran Turismo, KojiPros project, Bluepoints project, Ghost of Tsushima, The last of Us remastered. Potential Uncharted sequels/Prequels.

The power difference for 3rd party games will be the equivalent to the difference in games for the PS4 Pro vs Xbox X. 1.8 Tflops difference Isn't the end of the world.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
PS5. it's not really a decision I need to make. I have a decent PC so I can just use it for Xbox exclusives and even play with XBL friends too.

What's even more promising is the continued path towards cross-play and cross-buy in the third party space. I can play with freinds across three platforms with Modern Warfare right now, it's fantastic.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Series X will have better multiplat games, so I will get that at launch. The PS5 will come when the Sony has 4-5 exclusives ready

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Ps5 looks like it's gonna be a jet engine disaster
I'll take 3!

but seriously Xbox then ps5 once it has a few exclusives.

EroSennin

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
PS5 for sure. Had a blast with PS1, PS2 and PS4, don't see a reason why it wouldn't be the same with PS5.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation at launch (as always) but I have to commend Xbox for doing a great job of creating a more powerful machine, having an amazing sub service in Game Pass and looking like they'll have a good amount of console exclusives next gen through the studios they've acquired. Definitely looking to get one down the line when I see what they put out on it. Amazing turnaround.

Deleted member 64290

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2020
Both, I don't see any option that would fit my preferences.

Plus, I need them both to power up the Triforce with my Switch, lol.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Not buying anything until Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and China gets their shit straight and stop using slaves, but if I had to choose it would be the PS5.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
PS5; specs don't matter to me, games do.

I'm still playing my 3DS and Switch a ton, and they're nowhere near comparable to Xbox One X or PS4.

They've got the games I want to play.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
PS5. The power gap between the two boxes seems to be even smaller than the current PS4 Pro and Xbox One X power gap, so I have no reason to switch platforms. And even though PS5 BC won't be 100% at launch, that feature alone makes a PS5 mando.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
In the end, it boils down to BC for me.

I'm not going to invest in another non-BC ecosystem yet again after PS4. I've spent so much money into it that I won't stay at Sony's side if they do as they always have: not take BC seriously since the PS3 days. Xbox's approach is so much more alluring, knowing that most games are compatible with my new box.

So, I guess, PS5 for now for me, but if full PS1, 2 and 3 BC is announced in the upcoming months, I'll be rolling with Series X from now on.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I am still thinking I'll PROBABLY go with PS5, but I'm definitely waiting until we hear about launch games and OS features.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Xbox series X. Prefer MS games. Better controller. More powerful console cpu and gpu. Better interface. Better services. Better cloud infrastructure. Backwards compatibility is sublime. And I have 3 years of gamepass I only bought for less than 60 bucks.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
PS5

PlayStation always have high quality exclusives. The minor power difference is negligible to me. Most features are better on PlayStation.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I always get all of them so I will get all of them. But I'm leaning Xbox at the moment.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
PS5, but probabaly not at launch unless the lineup is really is too good to wait a few months on.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I never buy a console at launch, i prefer to wait 1-3 months to be sure that the hardware is solid and a game i need is released (will make an exception if a certaim From Software remake is released at launch).

Been an owner of playstatipn consoles since the ps1, so all my favorite developers and franchises are there, and Sony killed it in first party games during PS4, so i will not be leaving this ecosystem anytime soon, hopefully backward compatibilty improves and will end up great.

Ps5 for me.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I don't care about specs, mostly because they are mumbo jumbo for me.
I'll be going with PlayStation 5, I prefer the exclusives Sony provides.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox apparently has much better specs but PS games have never let me down. So I'm going PS5 day one.