• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
FJZPbNvWQAUcN1s

there's a lot of existing crossover fanart that is now canon

Oct 27, 2017
I know Executive fandom is bad but if Phil actually fires Bobby, he will ascend to husbandu tier video game executive.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I don't want to speak on behalf of Blizzard/Activision employees but I can only imagine they must be felling better now.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Months): Posting inflammatory imagery, antagonizing members.
Edit: Image removed by Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to speak on behalf of Blizzard/Activision employees but I can only imagine they must be felling better now.
Why would they? All this does for them at the moment is take all the spotlight off them and the people in power will be getting 10s of millions more.

It might slow the talent bleed. Which is a positive I guess, but nothing is changing for awhile so probably not. Be good for future employees at least, also MS is infinitely more likely to change CoD needing to be yearly, which would be good for employees.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Why would they? All this does for them at the moment is take all the spotlight off them and the people in power will be getting 10s of millions more.

It might slow the talent bleed. Which is a positive I guess, but nothing is changing for awhile so probably not. Be good for future employees at least, also MS is infinitely more likely to change CoD needing to be yearly, which would be good for employees.
You basically explained why I think they might be feeling better. Now under Microsoft they won't need Bobby and they will certainly take the issues a lot more seriously than he did. Plus as you said they will no longer just be a Call of Duty factory.

Bobby would rather let people go, which they did, even while they made record profits.

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.