• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
recently bought it, and especially in games im having this audio stutter from time to time, which gets pretty annoying.
is there a setting im not aware of, causing this?
is it a known issue, anyone else having it?
it doesn't seem to do it with my phone, so i think its not the headset itself.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I get it too, quite often. No idea why. Also have a pair of Arctis 7X and they're perfect. I find it happens more when I'm chatting on XBL while gaming, or especially when it's dual connected to my phone listening to a podcast while I game (literally the reason I bought these). It's really disappointing, and had kept me from using them very often

OP
OP

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Hmm. Is there anything odd about your setup that could potentially cause interference?

nothing really, its direct bluetooth(i think) connection with console.

on psychonaus2 it happens during cutscenes, almost like while stuff are loaded in background.
and it actually made the gamepad loose connection too.(which never happened before)

what i see, there are 4 options for headset audio output.
stereo uncompressed,
windows sonic,
dolby atmos,
dts headphone x

not sure which i need to choose either.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't experienced that much, but generally speaking, I don't like the headset that much. It seems so bass heavy. I prefer my cheaper pair tbh.

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
This suddenly started happening to me too while playing Psychonauts 2. I've never had this issue with other games, so I'm not sure if it's just that one title causing issues.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so this was happening to me and I at least figured out my situation. It seems silly and simple but it was my phone... anytime it was placed on the table in front of me between my series X and myself.. I could get odd random static. Once I moved it behind me and not between me... its clear 99.5% of the time.

So my guess.. something is causing interference. Sucks that its so sensitive because I love the headphones and how they connect like a controller.

Slowsonic

Feb 25, 2018
nothing really, its direct bluetooth(i think) connection with console.

on psychonaus2 it happens during cutscenes, almost like while stuff are loaded in background.
and it actually made the gamepad loose connection too.(which never happened before)

what i see, there are 4 options for headset audio output.
stereo uncompressed,
windows sonic,
dolby atmos,
dts headphone x

not sure which i need to choose either.
I got exact same issue, shutter during psychonaus2 cutscenes, so far no issue on other titles, so maybe it's a psychonaus2 specific issue?
another game I remember is Mass effect collection was crashing if I have wireless headset switched on, it fixed by a later patch.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Mine does this at times, and I notice it tends to happen with the battery is getting low. I will plug it in and keep playing and wont hear it again till I eventually disconnect the cord and the battery eventually gets low again.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Yep happens here too. Absolutely blows my mind that MS can't have two of its own devices communicating with each other flawlessly, when 3rd party manufacturers have managed it just fine for years now.

It is sporadic too, which makes it even more annoying and harder to diagnose. I thought I had solved it when I tried re-updating the firmware but after a few days of not using the headset, the issue came back with a vengeance last night during a session.

Pathetic.

Twinduct

Oct 27, 2017
Found this issue happens when I have my Console on Wifi and I have something downloading. Via Ethernet it seems to fix the issue for me.
Now if they allow me to control the volume of the BT separate from the Game/ Chat mix from the console it'll b great.

Edit: Just to clarify, I assume the issues exists due to devices sharing the same frequency/ bandwidth. I only noticed the change when I dropped off 5Ghz to 2.5Ghz to connect to the wifi.

OP
OP

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
It is sporadic too, which makes it even more annoying and harder to diagnose. I thought I had solved it when I tried re-updating the firmware but after a few days of not using the headset, the issue came back with a vengeance last night during a session.

that's the main problem, it happens randomly.
i change a setting and don't get the issue for half an hour, thinking its fixed. then it hits again.
makes it impossible to pinpoint.
anyway thanks everyone for chiming in.

I'll check with other games a bit, try removing bluetooth items from vicinity,
unfortunately ethernet is out of question for my setup.
if nothing works will have to try returning it.

sound crackling is among the most annoying experiences while gaming tbh, up there with screen tearing for me.

Whoami

Feb 24, 2018
This problem is not exclusive to the Xbox Wireless Headset.
I'm using Razer Kaira Pro on my XSX for quite a while and the same thing happens randomly, it's quite annoying
Curiously, it tends to happen more often in "X/S optimized" titles than BC ones... I Had the same problem playing Gears 5 and Metro Exodus.