• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
XGS in 2020:
  • February 25: Wasteland Remastered
  • March 11: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • March 24: Bleeding Edge
  • April 28: Gears Tactics (PC)
  • May 26: Minecraft Dungeons (also on Switch and PS4)
  • July 28: Grounded (Xbox Game Preview & Steam Early Access)
  • August 28: Wasteland 3 (published by Deep Silver)
  • Summer 2020: Tell me Why
  • Holiday 2020: Halo Infinite
  • TBA 2020: Psychonauts 2, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Battletoads.
Plus other 3P (timed) exclusives such as Crossfire X and other unannounced exclusive games (e.g: expect a new Forza).

Total (announced games): 12
Games scheduled for a date beyond 2020: Hellblade 2 and Everwild.

--
Update 1 (December 2019): Ori and the Will of Wisps delayed to March 11
Update 2 (April 2020): Wasteland 3 and Minecraft: Dungeons delayed due to COVID-19
Update 3 (April 2020): Grounded Game Preview launches July 28th

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Psychonaughts is March 2020, i think.

And MS usually have 2 or more launch games.

Fully expecting Forza MS to be available.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they have a bunch of relatively small exclusives from their studio. Only Ori really appeals to me at this point, Halo as well. Wouldn't really count Psychonauts 2 at this point due to so much of the development being done independently by DF.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, they have a bunch of relatively small exclusives from their studio. Only Ori really appeals to me at this point, Halo as well. Wouldn't really count Psychonauts 2 at this point due to so much of the development being done independently by DF.

This isn't about exclusives, it's about XGS publishing.

2021 is likely to be the 'exclusives' list, simply by virtue of time.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Add Age of Empires 3 DE, The continued releases to MCC on PC, Forza, and maybe even Gears Tactics.

2020/21 looking damn good for XGS and who knows what other games they will sign.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
That's good news. Hopefully they can continue to keep the output up, but it definitely is going to be helping them make GamePass a must-have subscription and that should help Scarlett's marketing push and adoption rate come 2020 and later.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
This is what GamePass is about. In the xboxera discord we've been talking about this. MS has enough games announced right now that they can release 1 game per month next year if they wanted to...especially with knowing that there are more unannounced titles.

Phil's Xbox.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
No interest in any of those except maybe Tell Me Why, but E3 should be good to see what they've got planned for the Scarlett years. I want to see some bigger projects, like Fable 4.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Sony was doing this before the launch of the PS4 and they also had PS+ which was giving amazing value at the time all while Microsoft was looking greedy and anti consumer. Seems Microsoft and Sony have swapped positions and Microsoft are the ones with the good will going into the next gen while Sony looks like the one offering less value, being anti consumer and shaking up their execs. Amazing how things have changed in 6 short years.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea Wasteland was getting remastered, but I'll take that along with Wasteland 3, Halo Infinite and Tell Me Why as games I'm interested in from that list.