• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
You guys sound like there will be 100+ first party cross-gen for Xbox so they don't have time to full force XSX, but the reality is it will mostly 1 game for each studios at most, and they 100% develop it with PC in mind such as https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/halo-infinite-developed-pc-mind/amp/

Also I am sure they aware this since beginning, so they will have bunch of time to scale it down not scalebound.

In the end you didn't see most MS games for XSX,.why already judge it right now?

This.

It seems like a lot of scare mongering Goin on. Halo 7, Forza Horizon 6, etc... will most probably be Series X exclusives.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Good. E3 is a goddamn great time of the year and I look forward to it constantly.

It sucks that Sony isn't there this year, at least from what we know (still holding hope for a big state of play at least around then), but MS being there will still make it worth watching.

Xbox FanFest

Banned
Dec 30, 2019
100% will be at the Microsoft Theater again. They aren't officially at E3 for a few years, but are "at" E3.
I use the same argument, but I feel it's valid. I need an E3 ticket to get into the MS theater to play their games and check stuff out. Seems like they're at E3 to me.

It's just awful how they give those front row seats to their fans and treat them to a great time at E3.
It's the worst!

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Why not? From what I've heard the Microsoft Theater setup seems to be working really well.

Their theater has the best set up around! Just look at their stage compared to others. Every other conference looks like a theater stage with a simple screen behind speakers. MS's is very high tech and so many visual treats for showing off things. It's why the VGAs was there too such an amazing stage

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Their theater has the best set up around! Just look at their stage compared to others. Every other conference looks like a theater stage with a simple screen behind speakers. MS's is very high tech and so many visual treats for showing off things. It's why the VGAs was there too such an amazing stage
i think its because it was built to be used as a theater where the others are convention centers that meant to be used for anything

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Smart to address it right away. Not a jab to Sony or so. Just getting ahead of the questions.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is at E3, but they are off site at the Microsoft Theater, correct? Does that mean you still have to get an E3 badge to see their booth?

I'm looking in to going this year and I can't seem to find an answer to this other than the "Xbox Experience is at the Microsoft Theater."

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
They really should, they are doing pretty bad this generation.

lifFwQ5.gif

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Probably gonna be another year of Microsoft announcing a load of third party games/news that'll be on PlayStation anyway.
With all the recent developer acquisitions and studio creations?? I highly doubt that. This post almost reeks of console wars 🤪. E3 presence is good for gamers and the gaming community. Let's be positive and hope they announce some really cool unique new IPs. (Yes, that don't get canceled).

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed at every event the company just gets their employees to sit at the front to make the crowd look more hyped and they position microphones at the front so the viewers can hear their employees cheer every time they say the name of their companies product.

I'm sure this happens, but Microsoft has a Fan Fest event every year at E3 where 500 or so fans get to attend a pre-conference event, meet Phil, etc. get goodies and then also get front row access at the conference. So MS has 500+ fans all in attendance up front. Then they also invite a lot of their Mixer partners who also sit in the area with the fans.... hence the loud cheering for stuff at the Microsoft event. Their fans are legitimately excited instead of needing fakeness through employees.

Xbox FanFest

Banned
Dec 30, 2019
I always assumed at every event the company just gets their employees to sit at the front to make the crowd look more hyped and they position microphones at the front so the viewers can hear their employees cheer every time they say the name of their companies product.
Possibly in the past, but now its fanfest atendees. Big time fans.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Happy to hear this.
I think third-party publishers need to know that some platform-holders still care, or else there will be fewer third-party events.

Now we await word from Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, perhaps Square, etc. And who knows - maybe some new E3 event entrants.

I want 10 press conferences. It's 2020. Everybody show your hand! :D

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Imagine if they repay the "used games" shade at the E3 presentation by taking a flight simulator flight to Sony headquarters to say hello.

J/K (it's a joke)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Halo is inevitable. I demand a lot of Halo. Trailer, demo, Keanu Reeves in a Master Chief suit, Phil Spencer poorly painted on to look like Cortana.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus the hate train on era is so bad
I think you're projecting. There's no hate in my post. I'd even say that if one has no interest in playing on Xbox it is still worth watching the show for games that will be on Steam or PS5 or whatever. I bet that will be the majority of the show.

It's just a prediction. All third party games that the publisher want on stage at E3, unless it's one of the big publishers with their own show, will be on Microsoft's stage. Go back a few years and the big third party games were usually split between Sony and MS.

I will be watching the show hoping for cool game announcements like most other people in this thread.

Oct 28, 2019
I think you're projecting. There's no hate in my post. I'd even say that if one has no interest in playing on Xbox it is still worth watching the show for games that will be on Steam or PS5 or whatever. I bet that will be the majority of the show.

It's just a prediction. All third party games that the publisher want on stage at E3, unless it's one of the big publishers with their own show, will be on Microsoft's stage. Go back a few years and the big third party games were usually split between Sony and MS.

I will be watching the show hoping for cool game announcements like most other people in this thread.
Well I would say hate, just very dismissive, as if the only reason to watch the Xbox show is to see what you're going to get for Playstation. Surely you see how that could be seen as unnecessarily negative?

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
It amazes me how people can't grasp the concept of games being able to scale to the hardware they are running on. Like PCs haven't been doing this for decades.
Well you see, PC games on ultra settings look bad because medium settings still exist. This is why PC games have never looked anywhere near as good as a console exclusive game.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Expecting lots of "console Exclusive" comments coming from the stage this year. They announced a bunch of studios purchases last year that will obviously boost their gaming platform. They will be NextBox and PC exclusive, so they should really kill it this year.