• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Member warned: Platform warring
The downplaying in this thread lol. We all know if this were about the PS5 the first page would be full of "PS5 is a beast!"

pretty impressive specs. Super excited about the CPU bump!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they haven't backed down from 120fps. Fucking *thank you*.

Get 120fps tied to the GGPO discussion. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Somebody get Michael Murray and Katsushiro Harada on the goddamn phone.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The downplaying in this thread lol. We all know if this were about the PS5 the first page would be full of "PS5 is a beast!"

pretty impressive specs. Super excited about the CPU bump!

If PS5 said 8K gaming people would be saying the exact same shit. Not everyone cares about tard wars.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
don't care about the 8K AND 120fps with the key words "possibility of up to" as the wording makes it known that it is pointless theoretic and mostly all games won't even target that let alone at the same time

but that "at"

that glorious "at"

that "4K visuals at 60FPS"

please be the new standard, let 30fps die with last gen

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with these marketing terms are that theyre meaningless without context...

nikon or canon can market thousand megapixel camera but that means nothing if its only using 1bit color.(I dont know anything about cameras but the example is fine)

8k means nothing if its only running 2d indie games using 0 polys and textures.

its misleading because people see 8k and think Halo Infinite will run at 8k 120fps.

There's plenty of context: the last 20 years of consoles advertising their max resolution output, even when most games never reach it. It's not misleading anyone unless they know very little about resolutions, or flat out don't care.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Yup. Plus, they are pretty much hinting it all over, the reveal image just said "Fastest, most powerful". Not "fastest most powerful Xbox" I'm sure there's fine print with an asterisk, but the takeaway they want you to have is unmistakably aimed at the competition. but, they really want to tell you something...

True, but still it's wise of them to say it like this right now, because I guess a repeat of early this gen could happen again, when Sony made some last minute ram changes, I believe that's what it was. Not sure how huge that change was....but it still was a change.

While I don't think Sony will beat them in power, I do believe we shouldn't underestimate Cerny, just like Xbox's team, he knows what he's doing. Still...

After that one interview, Spencer really sounding rather confident there about leading in Power, or at least really having it their goal. Kinda sounds like he knows things.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
why does the same shit happen every gen? stop giving into PR talk, especially from Microsoft. They always do this goofy shit when it comes marketing, lol. Just know that the games are going to look fantastic and developers have much more room and freedom to exceed what was achieved with the Xbox One X.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I don't even care about native 4K if it still means we have games where the shadow quality is ass half the time and the volumetric lighting looks more like 480p. The focus on resolution at the expense of everything else on console makes no sense to me.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or does 4x the power of 1x doesn't really sound like much of a leap?
Also hellblade 2 looks decent but if you said to me that was a current late gen game I'd have believed it. With how some games look today it doesn't really look better than the best looking stuff of today imo.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, this Xbox Tweet and Godfall being 60FPS on PS5, I guess 60FPS baseline for next gen confirmed?

And 120FPS with VRR will be targeted in twitch multiplayer shooters I suppose.

As Richard Leadbetter would say "good stuff".

Jun 23, 2019
giphy.gif

I'm sure they can hit this with an indie game made of pixels. Not an actual game though.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Where is the price speculation? That should be the leading discussion right now. if it $599 then I am not buying. I dont know why they used the tag line strongest xbox ever created as thats what your newest console is supposed to be when you release it.

Oct 27, 2017
When they say 8K capability, I just think it means the console is capable of upscaling content to 8K (think TV shows and movies, maybe some older Xbox titles as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.