• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
The wb sale has some big temptations. The Arkham bundle for $8-9 for three titles and all dlc is crazy good. Had that sale been up before? And all the Lego bundles are cheap too.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The wb sale has some big temptations. The Arkham bundle for $8-9 for three titles and all dlc is crazy good. Had that sale been up before? And all the Lego bundles are cheap too.
The Arkham bundle is on sale quite often. I don't know if it's any cheaper this time on the US store, but it's on sale for £14.99 on the UK store like every other month.

The biggest problem is the fact that none of the games run particularly well from what I've heard.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
The Arkham bundle is on sale quite often. I don't know if it's any cheaper this time on the US store, but it's on sale for £14.99 on the UK store like every other month.

The biggest problem is the fact that none of the games run particularly well from what I've heard.

I thought I've seen it, couldn't remember pricing. Crappy perf even on series x?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I REALLY want Lost Judgment but it just screams game pass to me

Game is worth every Dollar. One of the best games in the Yakuza series and even one of the best games the last couple if years.

Do yourself a favor and don't wait. Enjoy it!

I noticed that Lost Judgment is part of the Anime month sale in addition to this summer sale. There's a punch card for both: 4000 points back for the Summer sale, 4000 points AND $5 gift card for Anime month sale. Both also require you to spend $40.

The Digital Ultimate Edition of Lost Judgment is $45. Using it for both punch cards seems super sweet to me. ~$8 (in points) + $5gc back doesn't sound too bad. Comparing its pricing to Like a Dragon's Legendary Hero edition, Lost Judgment Digital Ultimate Edition went 50% off barely 6 months after release (base version went 50% off 8 months after) while the Legendary Hero Edition went to 50% around 1 year after release. The next price target for Judgment would be 60% off (which is the historical low for Like a Dragon so far, almost two years out after release). Makes me really curious how low the Judgment series will get.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
I noticed that Lost Judgment is part of the Anime month sale in addition to this summer sale. There's a punch card for both: 4000 points back for the Summer sale, 4000 points AND $5 gift card for Anime month sale. Both also require you to spend $40.

The Digital Ultimate Edition of Lost Judgment is $45. Using it for both punch cards seems super sweet to me. ~$8 (in points) + $5gc back doesn't sound too bad. Comparing its pricing to Like a Dragon's Legendary Hero edition, Lost Judgment Digital Ultimate Edition went 50% off barely 6 months after release (base version went 50% off 8 months after) while the Legendary Hero Edition went to 50% around 1 year after release. The next price target for Judgment would be 60% off (which is the historical low for Like a Dragon so far, almost two years out after release). Makes me really curious how low the Judgment series will get.
huh I ended up caving on the Digital Ultimate Edition. Where do I find the punch cards?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of annoying that The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe is $16.74 on PlayStation but still the full $24.99 on Xbox. I wanna buy it.

Hopefully it'll match PSN's price on Tuesday.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Kind of annoying that The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe is $16.74 on PlayStation but still the full $24.99 on Xbox. I wanna buy it.

Hopefully it'll match PSN's price on Tuesday.

Same thing with Inertial Drift that i was looking to buy. Sometimes but not always one is sale in either store but not in xbox/ps.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Opinions on Assassin's Creed Rogue? I have it free from games with gold on 360. Play the free or play better version..

I have never played the remaster but IMO, no. If it came with additional DLC which the original game never had in the first place, then it might be worth considering. But otherwise, I suggest you play the 360 game for a bit as it runs at an unlocked framerate and see how you like it. Remember that it's basically just more Black Flag. If you're OK with that, then you can go ahead and take the leap of faith 😎

Oct 25, 2017
Finally made use of the $10 deposit from last month with the $10 from Microsoft Rewards and got DMC5: Special Edition.

On the fence about double dipping on Dragon's Dogma and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

Silence

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I was considering Watch Dogs Legion in this sale, since i got it at launch and lost a ton of progress due to the save bug so i got a refund.

I see that after all this time Ubi never fixed the bug, and has said they have no plans for any further updates. Holy moly, but just FYI, avoid WDL even on sale.

discussions.ubisoft.com

I lost my save game on my Xbox series X

Hey @splinterstan and @alklein35 Please understand that Ubisoft Support do share your concerns and if there were any other options for us to recover lost saves, we would happily do so for you. At this time though, all we can do is share the news that the ...

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I was considering Watch Dogs Legion in this sale, since i got it at launch and lost a ton of progress due to the save bug so i got a refund.

I see that after all this time Ubi never fixed the bug, and has said they have no plans for any further updates. Holy moly, but just FYI, avoid WDL even on sale.

discussions.ubisoft.com

Hey @splinterstan and @alklein35 Please understand that Ubisoft Support do share your concerns and if there were any other options for us to recover lost saves, we would happily do so for you. At this time though, all we can do is share the news that the ...

After some of the last patches I don't remember having the save bug. At the beginning it was terrible for sure though.

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017

discussions.ubisoft.com

I do believe they've since fixed this (a save prompt comes up whenever you're about to exit ingame)

Saying that though: the game isn't 100% bug-free and I have noticed some that develop (namely the radio can randomly stop working and same with throwing gadgets until restarting app)

Warts and all I did enjoy the game and its overall sentiment, the Bloodlines DLC expansion is particularly great (its a shame most people won't have played that part)

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Well, it looks like I'm about to take the plunge on Lost Judgment Digital Ultimate Edition after all. Gotta burn through my $5 gift cards. Are there any other worthwhile console-exclusive games to buy from this sale?

Apr 24, 2018
Been curious about the various Saga series/games for years. Finally bit the bullet and bought Romancing Saga 2 and 3. Curious as to what I'm getting myself into, haha. All I know is that these are different from your traditional golden era (SNES/PS1 era) jrpgs, haha.

Still have no idea what the differences/interconnectivity between Saga Frontier/Romancing Saga/Unlimited Saga sub series are. Wonder if these games will make me care enough to find out.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Anyone have an opinion on Kakarot? I'm not a DBZ fan, I don't dislike it just sort of indifferent to it. Would this be worth a try, tell some of the story, etc?

Marchbaby

Apr 13, 2022
Colorado, USA
I know they are both on Gamepass but at $4.49 each I might just have to pick up Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I might have to pick up Microsoft Flight Simulator as well since I have been enjoying flying over areas in Maryland I grew up going to and miss terribly. It amazes me how accurate most of the areas are even if the buildings can have varying levels of quality.

Megaten

Oct 30, 2017
Well, probably finished with the sale...didn't end up with too much but I was able to barely squeak by the $40 dollar punchcard threshold.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Castlevania Anni Collection
Castlevania Advance Collection
Rune Factory 4 Special

For being the "ultimate" summer game sale, gotta say, hardly anything from my wishlish was here. I know some of these older Japanese releases never get discounts on Xbox, but man what I wouldn't give for just one big sales push for all these old shoot em ups.