• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Does it have smart delivery? The version I see on sale is not the Series X/S one.
The Ultimate edition is the one you want. It has the Series XS and Xbox One versions.

Buy Control Ultimate Edition | Xbox

A corruptive presence has invaded the Federal Bureau of Control… Only you have the power to stop it. The world is now your weapon in an epic fight to annihilate an ominous enemy through deep and unpredictable environments. Containment has failed, humanity is at stake. Will you regain control?

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
No. There's 2 listings. The one you want should include the Ultimate Edition as well as the last gen version and the DLC. You just need to download the Ultimate Edition.

In the UK it was~£10 vs. £7.50 for the last gen version without the DLC so name sure you buy the right version.

It is not smart delivery. control is last gen and Control Ultimate Edition is the next gen. Separate SKUs

The Control Ultimate Edition that's listed on sale includes both the Xbox One and Series X|S versions.

The Ultimate edition is the one you want. It has the Series XS and Xbox One versions.

Buy Control Ultimate Edition | Xbox

A corruptive presence has invaded the Federal Bureau of Control… Only you have the power to stop it. The world is now your weapon in an epic fight to annihilate an ominous enemy through deep and unpredictable environments. Containment has failed, humanity is at stake. Will you regain control?
I was actually referring to the Ultimate Edition, there are two listings one for Xbox One and one for Xbox Series. Still, you answered my question, thanks.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually referring to the Ultimate Edition, there are two listings one for Xbox One and one for Xbox Series. Still, you answered my question, thanks.

It's weird how it's setup. When I recently bought the ultimate edition series x for some reason it downloaded both the last gen and next gen versions. Never seen that before but I guess because they didn't want to give last gen users free upgrades you get 2 skus

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, the two listings is for Series X|S next-gen only SKU and the other SKU, that's on sale, includes both Xbox One and Series X|S versions.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see, thanks for that. New to the Xbox consoles so still getting used to how the store is set up.
No problem. I just had to look it up in the stores to make certain what the differences were because I was also confused. lol

The RT mode is nothing more than a novelty on the PS5/Series X as it's limited to 30fps. It's nice to spend 5 minutes checking out the reflections but it plays so much better at 60fps, that it's not missed on the Series S.
Agreed.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
The RT mode is nothing more than a novelty on the PS5/Series X as it's limited to 30fps. It's nice to spend 5 minutes checking out the reflections but it plays so much better at 60fps, that it's not missed on the Series S.
I played through the whole game at 30fps and didn't have an issue with it. I didn't notice any dips and the ray tracing was the best I've seen so far.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I played through the whole game at 30fps and didn't have an issue with it. I didn't notice any dips and the ray tracing was the best I've seen so far.

It was really impressive for me too at the time. But there are some games where 30fps feels more than fine like horizon, and there is the opposite like control where it just felt like shit to me.

I must have switched back and forth over 50 times those first 4 or so hours trying to convince myself the RT mode was fine and enjoy the eye candy. It was legit hurting my experience because I couldn't settle. Then it finally got me, I'm sacrificing playability for features I can only really appreciate standing still and looking for it which finally broke me and I stayed at 60.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Are these sales on PC too? I would like another playthrough of wasteland 3 with the season pass but would like to try it on my new PC considering it only got frame boosted and stuck at 720p or something on xbox. Sadly.

BenjiBurltz

Mar 15, 2018
Resident Evil 3 seems like a good pick if you don't have it already, right? As the Series X upgrade is coming later in the year.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Did ray tracing ever get fixed on series x in Little Nightmares 2?

Apparently it did because I asked in a thread a while back (I think it was the digital foundry thread) but in the end I grabbed it on PS5 anyway so I can't personally confirm.

Edit: Here's the thread:

www.resetera.com

Digital Foundry || Little Nightmares 2 PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S Enhanced Edition - 60FPS! Ray Tracing! Enhanced Features! Tech

no article yet, so summary forthcoming by Supermassive Games Beauty targets 4K Performance targets 4K but with DRS (lowest 1890p on Series X, 1684p on PS5) on Series S, Beauty is 1440p, Performance is 972p at the lowest RT reflections in Performance mode enhanced light shafts (enhanced light...

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks everyone for the Control advice.
That being said, I'm an idiot and I'd forgotten I already have it on PS via PS+ lmao, so I'll just play it on there.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Fuck it, Rumenapp

I bought Fast & Furious: Crossroads. 😏

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
What's the best thing for £2 on the UK store? I have some unused credit that's expiring.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
While we're all asking questions about Control - I'm right in saying that none of the Xbox versions include the Windows version too do they? It's a separate purchase? No Play Anywhere or anything?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Resident evil 2
Resident evil 3
Metro collection
Bioshock Collection
Control Ultimate (still on the fence)

That's a lot of good stuff for a ridiculous price.
Anything else not on Gamepass I should check?
Especially arcade, fast and fun stuff and couch co-op?

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
This is a Titanfall 2 and Splinter Cell away from being the most generic Xbox sale lol.
Will we get another big batch on Tuesday?

I hate being negative about sales, but this is just the same things that rotate in and out every other week for months/hell years now, and the only things that are catching my eye are the first party games which are of course on Game Pass. Like Sleeping Dogs was on sale 8 days ago for the exact same price- I wouldn't mind picking it up, but I'll just wait 'til like the 28th of April when it's back on sale again.

I don't even have anything particulr in mind that I want to pick up- I just want a different selection of things to choose from.
This. I wish Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, some BC games such as Unreal Tournament III, Mirror's Edge, et cetera, went on sale more often. This may be a "big" sale, but at least 95% of it is the usual suspects we see every month.

Last edited:

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017

These new consoles... I love 'em! We are going to see some incredible things this gen.

I've been talking myself out of a Series X because I have a PC( albeit with a 2060s, does the job at 1080/1440p but nothing to write home about), but the allure of gamepass is calling to me. Plus I have an existing digital library and handful of BC OG Xbox titles.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, it's infuriating that the Wasteland 3 Expansion Pass is so cheap on Xbox but it's not cross-buy and the PC version isn't on sale.

Why Xbox whyyyyy