• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanta

May 27, 2018
People should be asking why didn't Sony have an actual automated refund system yet like Steam instead of this weird console war BS.

The Xbox store is the same across all Xbox consoles as well as PC. The game doesn't work all that great on the base last gen consoles but it works no different than any other major AAA game on the Series S/X.

Sony had to set up a special report page JUST to do refunds, Microsoft just expanded their existing refund policy to be unlimited instead of the 2 hour/14 day requirement (same as Steam).

I put my refund request and got it refunded within 2 minutes, there's a pretty big difference in the amount of work required between the two storefronts.

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently giving customers choice is anti-consumer now.
"Here is a toaster for sale; warning that this product may only heat bread mildly instead of toasting it and may cut out every now and again, also this product is being recalled by some retails."

"Well if consumers want a broken toaster it's their right to buy it!"

Retailers have an obligation to sell functioning products. Giving people the choice to buy a faulty product isn't giving "customers choice".

Yes it's good the warning is there, but not only is it not strong enough but for this sort of warning it should explicitly have the option to seek a refund embedded there or a direction on where to go to get a refund so customers aren't misled.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Yep. Game should never have been sold in this state, so shouldnt be kept on sale. There should be no option, simple as.
How about let me people buy what they want?

The game works fine on next gen systems.

People should be asking why didn't Sony have an actual automated refund system yet like Steam instead of this weird console war BS.

The Xbox store is the same across all Xbox consoles as well as PC. The game doesn't work all that great on the base last gen consoles but it works no different than any other major AAA game on the Series S/X.

Sony had to set up a special report page JUST to do refunds, Microsoft just expanded their existing refund policy to be unlimited instead of the 2 hour/14 day requirement (same as Steam).

I put my refund request and got it refunded within 2 minutes, there's a pretty big difference in the amount of work required between the two storefronts.
Yeah it's insane. Rather than making a modern day refund system, Sony decided to just not sell the game. Now people are saying they are "doing the right thing."

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
How about let me people buy what they want?

The game works fine on next gen systems.
How about putting the game back into development, not releasing it in a half finished state and hiding it from consumers. We should be setting a precedent for this to never happen again not defend the ability for people to decide to buy a shitty release.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Apparently giving customers choice is anti-consumer now.
We have a product here it doesn't work properly but it is your choice. Look to this tv it "may" freezes after 15min(cyberpunk does that all the time on xbox one) but it is your choice...

Really this is not a choice. The game is broken.

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020
How about putting the game back into development, not releasing it in a half finished state and hiding it from consumers. We should be setting a precedent for this to never happen again not defend the ability for people to decide to buy a shitty release.
I've had a less bugs/issues with this game on the Series X than Star Wars Fallen Order. Did I ask MS and Sony to stop selling Star Wars? No because that's absurd.

Is this a shit release on the old last gen systems? Yes it is.

Does the game perform like other AAA games on current gen?
Yes it does.

Should consumers have the choice to purchase a product with zero risk and a guarantee they'll get their money back if they are unhappy?
Yes they should.

Sony didnt delist the game to protect Playstation gamers, they delisted the game so they wouldnt have to create a refund policy for their storefront.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I've had a less bugs/issues with this game on the Series X than Star Wars Fallen Order. Did I ask MS and Sony to stop selling Star Wars? No because that's absurd.

Is this a shit release on the old last gen systems? Yes it is.

Does the game perform like other AAA games on current gen?
Yes it does.

Should consumers have the choice to purchase a product with zero risk and a guarantee they'll get their money back if they are unhappy?
Yes they should.

Sony didnt delist the game to protect Playstation gamers, they delisted the game so they wouldnt have to create a refund policy for their storefront.
No they shouldn't be given an option to buy an unfinished product. You're basically saying it's ok to release anything in any state as long as they can get a refund. This is not a precedent we should be supporting. It simply should be a blanket "make sure your game works for everyone before you release it".

At the end of the day I don't care what reason Sony ultimately did this for, the end result was getting this game pulled so no one can buy it until it's in a fit state to be sold to consumers. And in doing so hopefully means it's a light under CDPRs ass to get their act together.

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
We have a product here it doesn't work properly but it is your choice. Look to this tv it "may" freezes after 15min(cyberpunk does that all the time on xbox one) but it is your choice...

Really this is not a choice. The game is broken.

There are a lot of busted up games that get released all the time and don't get pulled. Spiderman remaster caused my PS5 do a full shutdown multiple times.
This is how it works on Steam too. and that's because it has an actual decent refund system.

i am not defending the atrocious state of cp77 on consoles, id refund it also in a heartbeat if i had it on a console, thing is, sony isnt doing this because they value game 'quality' so much, they do it because they refuse to implement a good refund system.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
No they shouldn't be given an option to buy an unfinished product. You're basically saying it's ok to release anything in any state as long as they can get a refund. This is not a precedent we should be supporting. It simply should be a blanket "make sure your game works for everyone before you release it".

At the end of the day I don't care what reason Sony ultimately did this for, the end result was getting this game pulled so no one can buy it until it's in a fit state to be sold to consumers. And in doing so hopefully means it's a light under CDPRs ass to get their act together.
Microsoft's approach is better because you can actually buy it to play on a next-gen system. If i wanted to play Cyberpunk on PS5 during christmas i wouldn't be able to, which is a much worse approach.

The more likely reason they removed it from sale digitally is that they don't want people to buy it, play for a week and beat it only to then refund it for the full amount like they can on Xbox. Don't think for a second that they removed it from sale to benefit anyone else than themselves.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, calm down. It is not a lie, I have the game on Series X and it works fine. Occasional minor bugs here and there but nothing serious. Haven't experienced any crash either.

You're experience is not everyones, just like the other poster. The console ports both last next and current gen are not acceptable some are having crashes every 30 mins-1 hour, people gotta stop coming into this thread with *BUT MY EXPERIENCE IS FINE* in like a weird defense for the game. Blatant comments saying they run fine on next gen consoles is not true.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're experience is not everyones, just like the other poster. The console ports both last next and current gen are not acceptable some are having crashes every 30 mins-1 hour, people gotta stop coming into this thread with *BUT MY EXPERIENCE IS FINE* in like a weird defense for the game. Blatant comments saying they run fine on next gen consoles is not true.
Where are the reports of wide spread crashes for Series consoles? DF analysis didn't mention anything like that either.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I think it's fine the way they are using the word "may." If I were buying any product and there was warning, I would most certainly explore it. If you type in Cyberpunk and performance you'd learn everything you need in minutes.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
why didn't they just release this on pc first? you can argue fans would be pissed, but surely seeing the good reviews would increase hype and anticipation for the consoles, giving them some more time to fix the game

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Microsoft's approach is better because you can actually buy it to play on a next-gen system. If i wanted to play Cyberpunk on PS5 during christmas i wouldn't be able to, which is a much worse approach.

The more likely reason they removed it from sale digitally is that they don't want people to buy it, play for a week and beat it only to then refund it for the full amount like they can on Xbox. Don't think for a second that they removed it from sale to benefit anyone else than themselves.
Not at all. People time and time again seem to just be ignoring the fact that this game was released broken, unfinished, purposely mislead consumers (amongst other really shitty anti people practices). Just because it "may" work to some extent for some, shouldn't mean it's able to continually be sold.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I have played 20 hours on my XSX, haven't had one crush yet. Many people are reporting the same thing. You don't wanna play it, fine, but there are people who do. Stop trying to justify taking away people's choice.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
"Here is a toaster for sale; warning that this product may only heat bread mildly instead of toasting it and may cut out every now and again, also this product is being recalled by some retails."

"Well if consumers want a broken toaster it's their right to buy it!"

Retailers have an obligation to sell functioning products. Giving people the choice to buy a faulty product isn't giving "customers choice".

Yes it's good the warning is there, but not only is it not strong enough but for this sort of warning it should explicitly have the option to seek a refund embedded there or a direction on where to go to get a refund so customers aren't misled.
I guess it all comes down to what everyone means by broken or faulty (for a game).

Is it "not working as advertised", "buggier than expected" (whatever that means), "performing poorly", "may brick the console"....?

I mean a toaster that doesn't toast is pretty useless, not sure the same can be said for Cyberpunk (no matter the platform).

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
This argument goes both ways. A friend of mine plays this on a base PS4 (15 hours in) and he is enjoying his time despite the bugs. Could the experience be better? Yes. Is he having fun? Yes.

Don't really see the harm done in giving people a choice (as long as MS and Sony obviously put pressure on CDPR to improve the product).

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty weak sauce/limp response in comparison to Sony. Would have thought the majority of Xboxs out there would be OG or OneS and the experience on those will be worse than PS4.

Feels like there was a real opportunity here for Sony and MS to come together and send a unified message out to publishers. Squandered opportunity.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
lol this is pretty fucking weak, MS should follow Sony and pull the game until its in a borderline acceptable state from a performance perspective.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Far too many people here happy to be given the choice to buy a broken product. Sad to see.

You know why, some have to defend the decisions of their favourite platform holder no matter what.
But they know that the Xbox One version of the game simply shouldn't be sold, it's a totally broken product with a 15fps unplayable framerate on the S and even on the One X it basically performs like base PS4 but with a much higher resolution.
The idea of "let the consumers decide" is absurd unless you're looking at this game in a bubble.
Should platform holders allow publishers to release broken stuff on their stores with a warning and if you're not happy go with the unregulated mass refunds option where you can play the game and then ask for a refund no matter what?
This is not sustainable and feasible unless again you're making special rules for this game...but why these rules should not apply to everyone else?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. People time and time again seem to just be ignoring the fact that this game was released broken, unfinished, purposely mislead consumers (amongst other really shitty anti people practices). Just because it "may" work to some extent for some, shouldn't mean it's able to continually be sold.
It works on PS5 just like it works on PC, should they delist the PC version because it runs like shit on PS4? I like making my own decisions instead of having corporations make them for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it all comes down to what everyone means by broken or faulty (for a game).

Is it "not working as advertised", "buggier than expected" (whatever that means), "performing poorly", "may brick the console"....?

I mean a toaster that doesn't toast is pretty useless, not sure the same can be said for Cyberpunk (no matter the platform).
Given that CDPR's apology does all but admit the game is broken, retailers are accepting refunds, there's a blanket digital refund policy, and the statements from CDPR's investor call, it's pretty irrelevant what terminology we want to use on the game; it's not in a state for sale. When a console game averages 10FPS-15FPS, locks consoles for over a minute, and crashes repeatedly (let along the other bugs plaguing the game), no matter what terminology you want to use to describe it that game is broken and not fit for purpose, and CDPR, Sony, and Microsoft have made it clear they agree by allowing indiscriminate refunds (and in Sony's case delisting the game).

The warning is a decent step but to be sufficient needs to direct people to the refund page or at a minimum make owners know a refund is available.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
It should say "will" and on the occasions where you won't get a performance issue, great.
May makes it sound like it'sa rare occurrence and not the norm

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It works on PS5 just like it works on PC, should they delist the PC version because it runs like shit on PS4? I like making my own decisions instead of having corporations make them for me.

This is a bad comparison. Imagine if the PC version ran capped at 30 FPS (and ran below that frequently) with a maximum resolution of 1080p. Would you still want no corporation to intervene?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

Because everything has to be about console wars for some.

How many PlayStation users have actually received their refund? Sony was not equipped to handle refunds of such a mass scale, Xbox users like myself had their refund in less than 2 minutes.

Sonly almost certainly delisted the game because of this, but also their seems to be much bigger issues on the PlayStation version vs Xbox. You can read this just by going into the Cyberpunk thread and seeing that almost any post dealing with a crash is on a PlayStation, PS5 included. You have people posting in those threads saying their are upset about losing the choice to buy the game.

For Xbox it seems to be shitty performance for the One S which the disclaimer is highlighting.

I am new to Xbox coming from a PS4 (which has refunded exactly 0 times for me over the decade plus I have been with PlayStation) so just to highlight the process.

- Buy Game
- Determine game has issues
- Put a checkmark beside your game and the request refund button
- Answer 4 dropdown questions
- Receive refund almost instantaneously

Since November I have refunded 3 games, each time money received right away.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
If people want to defend Microsoft's position, should focus on the instant refund system that Microsoft has (totally valid point), instead of defending the game's performance.

This game has PS3 Skyrim level of performance on the consoles that the game was developed to (One S and X).

DF showed 1200-1700p mostly stable 30 with occasionally drops to low 20s, seemed fine as console games go. If that's fundamentally broken then Last Guardian, Dark Souls, etc were all fundamentally broken too.
I suggest you to watch One X section of the DF videos again.

I find this kind of performance on the most powerful console of the last generation unacceptable.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
This is a bad comparison. Imagine if the PC version ran capped at 30 FPS (and ran below that frequently) with a maximum resolution of 1080p. Would you still want no corporation to intervene?
It doesn't. If something severe impacts a PC game like Batman Arkham Knight it does get delisted which is fine because you had no option of playing it with acceptable framerates no matter the hardware. On PS5 you can play it at 1080/30 which is the maximum supported resolution and framerate because of how Sony handles BC. Even if the PS4 version ran like it was supposed to, the PS5 version would still be capped to that in BC mode. Removing it from sale simply hurts people who planned to play it on PS5.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao people here ACTUALLY defending a company's right to sell a completely broken product. Console warriors are wild.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao people here ACTUALLY defending a company's right to sell a completely broken product. Console warriors are wild.
Its not broken on Series X or PS5. On XSX you can buy the game, treat it like a demo to judge the performance then immediately refund or beat it and get a full refund which hurts both MS and CDPR while the consumer loses nothing.

They can't remove the Xbox One version specifically without also removing it on the XSX.

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020
This is a lie stop spreading this shit.
I have 15 hours and have had no game breaking bugs, haven't lost any progress and have had zero crashes.

Please stop trying to tell me how my experience has been. Crashes seem to be a PS5 issue as I've not seen any word on constant crashing on the Series consoles. For all intents and purposes the game runs well on the Series S|X

Not a precedent we should be supporting? Why are you acting like this is a new thing? Take a look at this trailer and tell me that Cyberpunk is unique in its performance problems.

Why didnt Sony delist this broken ass game? Oh it's because it didnt expose their no refund policy.

Last edited:

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Weak. MS should remove the game or at the very least state that the game WILL perform poorly on Xbox One/One S.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Putting a warning on the store page, giving refunds if not satisfied with the game under any condition.
Yeah, it sure is misleading.

*Era tripping overthemselves to make Microsoft somehow the bad guy in this situation*

521398-unforgivable-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

".........unforgivable"

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR is a shit company who went and lied about the performance of their game (those videos that were supposedly showing the game running on consoles they released a few weeks before launch for example), were shady as fuck in regards to how reviews would be handled, and we haven't even started on the treatment of their developers and the game's transphobic and racist content. Lying to consumer post launch, and then making an "apology" statement where they refer to a refund scheme that they later clarify they never arranged with platform holders should get their game something a bit more than just a warning label.