• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Yet people are still playing and enjoying the game on those base systems. Your expectations do not equal someone elses. It shouldn't be up to you or Sony. Not everybody cares about the same things, your idea of base level functional quality is NOT the same as mine.

I do have an expectation of a video game that will not render my console inoperable or forces hard resets frequently.

If you're OK with that, cool that's on you. Sony has a responsibility here to make sure consumers do not have to resort to measures that can damage or harm their hardware. Delisting the game is absolutely the right thing to do in these circumstances.

Edit: This argument is ridiculous because it akin to saying that people's base level functional quality are all different so it should be alright for retailers to sell defective productions intentionally and just put a vague warning that you might not get the performance you're expecting. I don't think any consumer thinks like this with hardware and furniture that go through recalls, why do people all of a sudden take a laissez faire mentality with regards to this specific video game? Shit, I've seen same people gave Skyrim PS3 and Anthem more shit than this.

Recall the game, let it release it again when it meets a base standard quality of not crashing after an hour of gameplay, not bricking after your save reaches a certain size and not bricking your console. It isn't even the occasional poor frame rate that is the problem here, its everything else that renders the game literally unplayable.

Edit 2: CDPR has basically admitted the game is broken on last gen consoles. Sony has admitted the game is broken on last gen consoles. Why would either of them sell a broken game that both companies have admitted is not to the level of quality that a consumer would expect? I'm not talking about a disappointing game, I'm talking about a broken game that a less than insignificant number of people (obviously the situation based on CDPR literally telling people "get a refund!") still struggle to complete because of technical issues.

Just when you think not everything can be turned into console wars.

I legitimately do not get it.

Last edited:

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Imagine a situation where Sony decides to curate their store about what's buggy and unfinished and what isn't and Microsoft doesn't (but offers refunds/disclaimers).

Imagine a world where Control, Assassins Creed Unity, just Cause 4 etc... All skip the PS4 launch and launched only on Xbox because Sony decides games with poor framerates and bugs can't launch on the console... Is that really a good thing for Sony players?
Cyberpunk is unfinished though. The game needs several more months according to CDPR themselves. This game is not Control or JC4 or Assassins Creed and none of those games had nearly as big of a push for refunds as this one. This is the most expensive game ever made. The standards for what the finished product should be is not comparable to any other game.

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine a situation where Sony decides to curate their store about what's buggy and unfinished and what isn't and Microsoft doesn't (but offers refunds/disclaimers).

Imagine a world where Control, Assassins Creed Unity, just Cause 4 etc... All skip the PS4 launch and launched only on Xbox because Sony decides games with poor framerates and bugs can't launch on the console... Is that really a good thing for Sony players?

Yes because this game's technical problems exceed past poor framerates and funny graphical bugs. There's indications of console bricking, frequent hard resetting, something akin to Skyrim's PS3 save data bug, and so forth.

As far as I know, games like Control do not have these issues. They're also not so broken that the developer themselves tell the consumer that their shit is so broken that you should just get a refund. If it was just a small number of people, people would probably just ignore these issues, just continue playing the game and the developer doesn't need to put out a statement less than a month after the game's release.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Your basing that off the fact PlayStation setup a specific webpage to start the refund process? I'm not defending their refund system but they definitely have one. You put in a request through a chat bot and a person has to look at it. Which is what's happening now except you don't need to go through the chat bot.

Both of them and MS don't give refunds after 2 weeks both made modifications to allow for refunds of Cyberpunk.
Except Microsoft's return system is automated.

Imagine the manpower needed by Sony to refund possibly hundreds of thousands of requests manually?

It's absolutely why the game was delisted

Greent4

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Charlotte, NC
8w0Ih3G.gif

CDPR is the reason this shitshow started in the first place.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Performance is an entirely abstract thing and there will be millions who literally don't see it.

15fps goldeneye never stopped me enjoying it
Hey EvilBoris. Have you tried the game with the 1.05 patch? I am curious on your thoughts to the adjustments they made to HDR and if your recommendations of the LGC9 are still the same or different now?

Thanks!

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Except Microsoft's return system is automated.

Imagine the manpower needed by Sony to refund possibly hundreds of thousands of requests manually?

It's absolutely why the game was delisted
Yep, then throw on more people buying it every day and people buying to see just how bad it is, thinking/knowing they can get a refund. This is what exactly why I belive it was delisted.

I will say I wish they had put this in an "are you sure you don't want to look at the internet first?" With a confirmation button though. I would probably miss that disclaimer as I was going to buy.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Anyone who's playing this game on a base console and finds it unplayable can easily get a refund. So no idea where the issue is with this.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I just got a refund no questions asked on the Microsoft store purchase. Even though I was playing on Series X and it was working fine, I can wait until the next gen patch to really experience the game (also, my son already beat the game and I can concentrate in other games).

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
You gotta love the fact that the least optimized version is the one that sold the most, not that there should be any version that runs like shit; but if a company could shoot itself in the foot any more than that I'm not sure how.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
There is something i dont quite understand. The problems that i see are mostly from base consoles. Do you think it will solve the problems if cdpr lets say released it only on pro version of both consoles? Is that a possibility?

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Meh, warning is there and they are offering no questions asked refunds. Don't see a problem here.

We can nitpick all we like but honestly, who cares.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Sony pulled Cyberpunk from their store because the fact that Sony's refund policy didn't allow people to get refunds on Cyberpunk was throwing reputational damage on Sony.

Pulling Cyberpunk was their best move as no single game is worth Sony damaging their own reputation and longer term profits on their platform

Microsoft are offering refunds on Cyberpunk anyway so their reputation in is undamaged, consumers have a choice.

The product may not meet the standards of most Era users on XB1 but there are some people out there for whom the lower performance is not a problem.

Those people still have a choice on Xbox, play on, or get a refund.

I know it's ridiculous...

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
There is something i dont quite understand. The problems that i see are mostly from base consoles. Do you think it will solve the problems if cdpr lets say released it only on pro version of both consoles? Is that a possibility?

This won't happen. I'd say half (or more) of the sales CDPR have made upto this point will be from users of base spec consoles if CDPR cancelled those versions they'd have to return hundreds of millions to that set of consumers.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
You cannot release a game like that, it needs to support base variants.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I do have an expectation of a video game that will not render my console inoperable or forces hard resets frequently.

Fair point, should also apply to Spider-Man remastered and Miles Morales though. both games can still cause hard crashes which turn the console off. and instead of fixing this from release till now Insomniac was like" so, 60fps RT modes patched in, we are in holiday vacation, see ya next year!"

the only reason Sony pulled CP2077 from the store is because CDPR said "for refunds, ask Sony" and not because of the state of the game. and they don´t have any problem selling first party games(!) which can also crash the console.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
"May" lol The world "may" end tomorrow. What's the likelihood of ot happening? lol.

This needs to say... users WILL suffer crashes, glitches, bugs etc Frequency is the question here, but every single human being that purchases this will have issues.

SnoopyK

Jan 27, 2018
JrAohRm.png

Weirdest thing is that you can (maybe) still get a good amount of Rewards points and then ask for a refund? Damn.
No they took out the extra rewards points of my account when I refunded, which is totally fair, I didn't like the performance on my X1X, that video pretty much shows what I saw it jumping from low 20s back up and down when it really shouldn't on the X1X not from a good developer.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Pathetic. Stop pussyfooting around and take the game off the store. That's the only answer to this mess. Protect consumers. Don't take them for a ride.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
You've been around long enough to know that statement ain't even remotely true. Console wars has its own rule 34 variant:

If it exists, it can be console wars
The thing is if you were to say, do you have an Xbox One, does this impact you? I don't even think a lot of it is console wars, It just seems to me there is much more of this attitude of I want the world to burn year after year and the same people focus on anything that can stir controversy.

Oct 28, 2017
Fair point, should also apply to Spider-Man remastered and Miles Morales though. both games can still cause hard crashes which turn the console off. and instead of fixing this from release till now Insomniac was like" so, 60fps RT modes patched in, we are in holiday vacation, see ya next year!"

the only reason Sony pulled CP2077 from the store is because CDPR said "for refunds, ask Sony" and not because of the state of the game. and they don´t have any problem selling first party games(!) which can also crash the console.

Obviously, which is a huge problem and they should be raked over the coals for letting games with frequent serious problems past through the store and stay there.

I can't speak for Spider-Man, I don't play the games and don't follow the game's news. I have no idea if the hard crashes are common or uncommon but I have to assume that they're not terribly common because of the lack of outrage compared to, say, Skyrim PS3 or even something like Anthem.

For all I know it could be a problem with the PS5 operating system software and not specifically the game itself. I've had two hard locks in Demon's Souls as an example at launch and none since the couple of OS patches that came in the following weeks. What it is clear in this case is that it is basically all Cyberpunk 2077 and not Microsoft's or Sony's fault for the major technical problems that exceed past funny graphical bugs and bad frame rates.

Anyway, it's obvious that Sony delisted the game because of the amount of refund requests and CDPR telling consumers to go hound Sony for a refund. But that doesn't change the fact that this game should be delisted for being unsuitable for having so many problems on last gen consoles. Sony's refund policy being shit and forcing the delisting doesn't change the fact that they did the right thing.

I don't know why people are so hung up on Sony's refund policy. It's shit but the game produces very consistent technical faults and therefore should be recalled until a version that isn't consistently broken is released.

The important thing to understand is that it is clear that this game is completely broken for last gen owners. Sony has delisted it, Microsoft has put up a warning, CDPR themselves have basically said that they rushed the release and were hoping to use patches after launch to fix it and have basically said that people should just get a refund. Other broken games are not broken to this magnitude to force everyone directly involved in this game's development and sale to make moves to handle this game's brokenness.

Last edited:

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lol, disappointing but not unexpected. No way MS is going to screw up their marketing deal.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Glad they didn't remove the game entirely. I think it's better this way.

It's really not.

People are really reaching hard to defend that CDPR can keep making money off of uninformed consumers.

Microsoft shouldn't allow that fraudulent behaviour on their store.

All of this is obviously not Microsoft's fault but with Sony already pulling the game from PSN it should be way easier for them to do the same. And they definitely should.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
Sony pulled Cyberpunk from their store because the fact that Sony's refund policy didn't allow people to get refunds on Cyberpunk was throwing reputational damage on Sony.

Pulling Cyberpunk was their best move as no single game is worth Sony damaging their own reputation and longer term profits on their platform

Microsoft are offering refunds on Cyberpunk anyway so their reputation in is undamaged, consumers have a choice.
Microsoft weren't allowing a lot of refunds either, it wasn't just Sony.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously the only reason Sony delisted the game is so that they don't want to deal with refunds at all. MS has the marketing deal so removing the game would be bad from that front. So by the end of the day both companies are doing what is best for them atm.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft weren't allowing a lot of refunds either, it wasn't just Sony.
Microsoft has an official system setup for refunds that requires no manual review. They removed some business rules on that system for a specific game. Sony has to field their support channels getting flooded, and let me tell you it's a whole lot easier to scale up a server than having to hire new personnel on ad-hoc basis or to contract out to a support company.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
It's really not.

People are really reaching hard to defend that CDPR can keep making money off of uninformed consumers.

Microsoft shouldn't allow that fraudulent behaviour on their store.

All of this is obviously not Microsoft's fault but with Sony already pulling the game from PSN it should be way easier for them to do the same. And they definitely should.
no one is reaching hard to defend anyone. MS doesn't need to go the Sony route cos it isn't needed in this case. MS has a fairly standard refund policy and the game plays good on the series consoles at least they are giving buyers the option to try it out or ask for a refund. They really don't need to delist the game.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
How is this performance wise compared to witcher 3 when it came out on consoles ? Back then weren't people seeing 15-18 fps's in the game ? Is this one worse than that ? (I game on PC and my only console is switch)

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'd have thought they could detect which console you're on and not show Cyberpunk if you are accessing the store from Xbox one. Although I suppose that'd cost money to develop that kind of functionality

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
How is this performance wise compared to witcher 3 when it came out on consoles ? Back then weren't people seeing 15-18 fps's in the game ? Is this one worse than that ? (I game on PC and my only console is switch)

Witcher 3 was much better. When it came out, the only console target was the PS4 and XBO, so they had to work hard to get it in shape. Also, you get the feeling that Witcher 3 isn't nearly as complex as CP2077.

You also get the feeling with Cyberpunk that most of their efforts were focused on the PC.