• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Epj56glWMAA7bxa

Buy Cyberpunk 2077 | Xbox

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure RPG set in the megalopolis of Night City, where you play as a cyberpunk mercenary wrapped up in a do-or-die fight for survival. Improved and featuring all-new free additional content, customize your character and playstyle as you take on jobs...

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
"May" is pretty deceptive.

On an Xbox One or Xbox One S you will experience performance issues which render the game pretty well unplayable. Pretty weak move from Microsoft to be honest, should be bolder.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Curious as to what the basis for the performance issues going away once it's updated is. How can Microsoft know how the patched version will run on Xbox One? Is that just based on CDPR's stated plans? The same company that planned to release this game in April?

Oct 27, 2017
"May" is pretty deceptive.

On an Xbox One or Xbox One S you will experience performance issues which render the game pretty well unplayable. Pretty weak move from Microsoft to be honest, should be bolder.
It's probably best to avoid definitive statements for legal reasons. I'm imagining somebody out there who did a hardware overclock of their console and stuck it in a liquid nitrogen bath.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
"May the Frames be with you" -Digital Foundry

Yeah the whole situation is bad but at least they finally put a warning up.

Last edited:

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
This is a "buyer beware" of letting people know that it can be a defective product so the risk is on them?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Xbox One X is apparently fine though, so it depends on which Xbox One you have.
Dunno what you're talking about because Microsoft said that Xbox represents gaming beyond generations.

Obviously I'm being somewhat facetious, but this idea does undermine the marketing messages of "play on whatever device suits you" if the experience is this flawed on this many of their devices for this game.

(I'm a very happy Xbox owner).

Oct 29, 2017
I see this more of a CYA move than a "Microsoft, what a nice multinational corporation for looking out for the little guy."

With that in mind, this statement serves its purpose.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I see this more of a CYA move than a "Microsoft, what a nice multinational corporation for looking out for the little guy."

With that in mind, this statement serves its purpose.
I think this is just the warning that stores do when they sell a product that's defective so that it's on the buyer to be aware and they can't return it if is.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I mean, there was someone on Era who played through the game on a base Xbox One and loved it 🤷‍♂️. Iirc they didn't encounter a lot of bugs and not everybody cares about performance.

Seeing the Xbox One version I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole, but at least now potential customers are warned on the store itself.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is standard verbiage.

They also are offering 100% refund. What's the problem?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
"Fuck it, the marketing check cleared a year ago, the show MUST go on!"

Oh well, the marketing deal was always going to make this a horrible situation for MS to try to navigate, don't envy them

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
The same warning also appears when buying through XBOXs I assume?
Just checked and yeah, it's front and center (I wish I could stream my Xbox to my PC again so I could easily get a screenshot).

resorting to blurry cell phone shot, lol.
Jahaiqa.jpg

It says "installing" because it looks like there's an update out (damn, 15.9 GB...).

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Performance is an entirely abstract thing and there will be millions who literally don't see it.

15fps goldeneye never stopped me enjoying it

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
This is standard verbiage.

They also are offering 100% refund. What's the problem?

Assuming you can get a guaranteed refund, no questions asked, no quibble, no hassle etc, then it's not a massive problem. I still don't think any retailer should be selling goods they know are broken: You are setting your customer up for an incredibly disappointing experience and there is no guarantee they know about the refund availability.

Additionally I don't think Microsoft should be
(1) Using incredibly charitable language to describe the issues the game has
(2) Implying that the performance issues will certainly be resolved by updates

The language needs to be more visible and stronger:

"There are known significant performance issues on the Xbox One and Xbox One S versions of this game. There are also known significant bugs that affect all versions of the game. The publisher has announced patches aimed at remedying these problems during the coming year. Any purchaser of the game who wishes to have a free refund, no questions asked, can request a refund at www.placeholder.com"

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
This "warning" should be on a bunch of other games on base Xbox one too probably. Control for one.