• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Supposedly, Radeon RX Big Navi specs have leaked.

12sGPGd.jpg

wccftech.com

[UPDATE]Alleged AMD Next-Gen Flagship Navi 'Radeon RX' GPU Specifications Leaked - 5120 Cores, 24 GB HBM2e Memory, 2 TB/s Bandwidth

The alleged specifications of AMD's next-gen 'Big Navi' GPU powerhouse that powers the enthusiast gaming Radeon RX cards have leaked.

www.tweaktown.com

AMD Big Navi specs: 5120 cores, 24GB HBM2e at 2TB/sec memory bandwidth

AMD's next-gen Big Navi GPU teased with 24GB of HBM2e on a 4096-bit memory bus with an insane 2TB/sec bandwidth.

An offset picture of a screen. Yep I'm sure that's real.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Loved the Xbox and 360. The Xbox One's focus on America with my country being in a different tier scared me away for a whole generation. But these specs combined with Game Pass might pull me back in. Sony still has the better exclusives though. Hope Microsoft turns that up a notch.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think marketing will work fine for Sony in the sense that when they show off Spider-Man 2, Horizon 2, and God of War 2...people's minds will be blown. Specs won't really matter. At least, that is what they will be banking on since I doubt they will match the Series X power.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
I'm wondering if the remaining two Turing features will make the cut for RDNA2: mesh shaders and sampler feedback. Both will be released in DX with Win10 2004 but it's a bit weird to not see them mentioned by MS so far, especially considering that both features are supposedly fairly straight forward to implement in h/w.
Mesh shaders and a parity to Turing features would be huge for RDNA2.
Any features that can be used to bypass weaknesses in current designs would be win. (IE. Rendering mode which would bypassing quad overdraw issue.)

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Even as a mainly PC gamer with a 2080 Ti, this is really exciting to hear how powerful it is. The Series X is a beast and I can't wait to see some next-gen games.

Makes you wonder why the hell Sony are just sitting back and twiddling their thumbs...they need to get the PS5 specs out there sooner rather than later.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a bigger upgrade than x360 to XB1?

yes.

when normalizing the performance vs resolution

Xbox One was theoretically a 2.24x jump over 360

Xbox Series X is a 2.48x jump over Xbox One

that's purely in raw performance of the GPU... technically the jump between 360 and PS4 was about 3.4x btw

but the big story with these consoles will be the beefy CPU they have instead of the wet noodles they had before

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Supposedly, Radeon RX Big Navi specs have leaked.

12sGPGd.jpg

wccftech.com

[UPDATE]Alleged AMD Next-Gen Flagship Navi 'Radeon RX' GPU Specifications Leaked - 5120 Cores, 24 GB HBM2e Memory, 2 TB/s Bandwidth

The alleged specifications of AMD's next-gen 'Big Navi' GPU powerhouse that powers the enthusiast gaming Radeon RX cards have leaked.

www.tweaktown.com

AMD Big Navi specs: 5120 cores, 24GB HBM2e at 2TB/sec memory bandwidth

AMD's next-gen Big Navi GPU teased with 24GB of HBM2e on a 4096-bit memory bus with an insane 2TB/sec bandwidth.

If that is real and meant to be consumer card then price on that thing will make 2080Ti pricing look puny in comparison. HBM2 is expensive to begin with and 24GB of it? Yeah...

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Definitely a nice upgrade, and the minimum spec for PC games will definitely be increased dramatically. Still not basically a high end workstation equivalent like the other user suggested though. Nor does it need to be considering it's a gaming machine.

They really won't. The majority of 3rd party games will be cross-gen for the first 3-4 years and MS is releasing all of their first party games on the Xbox One as well, so you're still looking at fairly low minimum specs since games have to be made with the base Xbox One and PS4 in mind. PS5 exclusives are irrelevant for the time being since we don't know if they'll ever come to PC.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
They really won't. The majority of 3rd party games will be cross-gen for the first 3-4 years and MS is releasing all of their first party games on the Xbox One as well, so you're still looking at fairly low minimum specs since games have to be made with the base Xbox One and PS4 in mind. PS5 exclusives are irrelevant for the time being since we don't know if they'll ever come to PC.

Agreed. The consoles are going to be targeting 4k or 1440p with reconstruction. PC minimum specs usually target 1080p and sometimes 720p. I can see the recommended specs bumping up but this happens every two years when Nvidia put out a new series of cards and guess what happens later this year.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Now everyones asking for ram numbers, when MS said they will be trickling info up until E3. It's obvious this drip feed of info is working...we are all getting hyped and ruffled over this stuff.

I'm loving it.....Waits for further info from Phil.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Phil has constantly said they'll be there on power and price...599 doesn't feel like that, esp. if Sony launches at 400-500.

People are taking this a bit wrong.

Series X = Power
Series S (Lockhart) = Price

Series X won't be under 499, heck based on what's inside here even 499 would be a STEAL. I fully expect 599 and i fully expect this to be for the niche market hardcore people and Lockhart to be the console that will be the default one for casuals and the one thats going to sell the most.

gamer forever

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
User warned: Platform warring
If series x has no games then power is useless. Ps5 will strike the best balance between performance and price for the mass market imo.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Even as a mainly PC gamer with a 2080 Ti, this is really exciting to hear how powerful it is. The Series X is a beast and I can't wait to see some next-gen games.

Makes you wonder why the hell Sony are just sitting back and twiddling their thumbs...they need to get the PS5 specs out there sooner rather than later.
Probably trying to figure out a way to spin the power disparity.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017

Why?
Sony do not need to prove anything. They are the market leader, still have an insane lineup for 2020 for PS4. MS on the other hand needs to make noise and being aggressive. It is a reverse situation from 2013 in approach.

Would I like to getting more information on PS5 now than later you can bet, but Sony is not the underdog. Unfortunately for us they can wait and look at MS.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
300+ on GamePass, plus the games from 16 Xbox Studios, plus third parties.

Yeah, no games.
Some people are ridiculous. Xbox has more studios than ever, and games won't be a problem anymore.

I have a feeling Fable 4 (or whatever is called) will blow people's minds at E3. The fact that MS is revealing their console so far out of E3 shows their confidence in their games.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sounds really amazing. I didn't buy the X1 cause of the lack of exclusive games that I like but that changed with their recent acquisitions.

Sony vs MS is gonna be interesting for sure (and in the end I might end up with both)

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Sony doesn't communicate quickly they will lose some points in the market lead

A logo got more attention than a trailer and specs... they're not going to do anything out of their plans just because some of you think they're "losing points".

Status
Not open for further replies.