• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
wow just looking at it all again.. this is very very impressive specs. props for the flops MS.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
So, it's basically automating the little tag on the stores that say "Xbox One" or "Series X"?

Gee, talk about a useless feature.

No it, isnt.

You buy a single copy of the game and you can install it on both old/new systems. Basically there is no Xbox One or Series X version, there is just the game. You buy a single copy and it installs the appropriate version on the system you choose to install it on.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Read through and he's saying all the right things to me.

cross buy, game pass and compatibility with all Xbox titles back to original Xbox, bringing accessories forward from Xbox one, loving that suspend multiple games feature.

we'll see at E3, but looking sharp.

and totally $599.99

I'm still confused how MS can call like 41 titles on OG as being compatible with that gen. It's literally like 4% of the games are playable. You yourself even say 'all Xbox titles', when even the 360 titles (being way more) are still not all those titles.

I do agree they can say it for the 360, but for OG I think it's crazy to say BC to that console for such a small percent. Sony could let 1 PS1, PS2, PS3 game work from disc and then call 'complete BC'. Am I missing something with this BC system?

EDIT: I looked up the analysis post.

Xbox OG - 41 games (3.92%)
Xbox 360 - 575 games (27.34%)

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
So, it's basically automating the little tag on the stores that say "Xbox One" or "Series X"?

Gee, talk about a useless feature.
Hahahahah, what? No it means you get the updated/more powerful version for Series X for free and not a repurchase like this gen featured. No "Cyberpunk Definitive Edition" for xbox series x. If you own the game you OWN the game for Xbox, no matter if it's one or series.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
AMD wont compete with Nvidia at the top end. AMD focuses on the middle market where they have equal performance but never overtake Nvidia. If you want the absolute best performance you go Nvidia. The 12 Tflop number is for a heavily customized chip on a much denser node two years after Nvidia already did it. AMD chips run hotter aswell. When Nvidia gets down to 7nm AMD will be another two years behind.
Ok.... Let's see

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'm still confused how MS can call like 41 titles on OG as being compatible with that gen. It's literally like 4% of the games are playable. You yourself even say 'all Xbox titles', when even the 360 titles (being way more) are still not all those titles.

I do agree they can say it for the 360, but for OG I think it's crazy to say BC to that console for such a small percent. Sony could let 1 PS1, PS2, PS3 game work from disc and then call 'complete BC'. Am I missing something with this BC system?

EDIT: I looked up the analysis post.

Xbox OG - 41 games (3.92%)
Xbox 360 - 575 games (27.34%)

I'm making a big assumption that they will continue with the push for full BC, and that there will be some aspect of this system that they will discuss at E3.

Count me as optimistic, but you're right.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Just going to drop this here. I think they are lying/misleading about the Teraflop number. 12 TF is more than twice the power of the X1X.
Yes but in a good way. They specify it's RDNA2 which we can deduce the efficiencies from there. 12TF is twice the power of 6TF, and they tell us the architecture too, which is more efficient than old GCN so of course it actually will perform more than 2x, but it is still twice he flops power. Phil did the same with the One X spec reveal and undersold it in order to be technically correct.

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
Hahahahah, what? No it means you get the updated/more powerful version for Series X for free and not a repurchase like this gen featured. No "Cyberpunk Definitive Edition" for xbox series x. If you own the game you OWN the game for Xbox, no matter if it's one or series.
So, kind like cross-buy?

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
RDNA 2 isn't out yet, just like the SX isn't, who knows when RDNA2 GPU's are coming though.

I expect disappointment in some respect though. Like maybe the only RDNA2 cards available around console launch will be the big ones that are at least as expensive as the whole console for a modest performance improvement.

Aug 26, 2018
Time for MS to reach into it's deep pockets and launch this at 400$ to put the pressure on Sony.

No way..499$ and they are still probably losing 100-150$.

Bloomberg quoted Sony having issues with shortage of components and BOM without Marketing etc is coming to 450$. So either way, we may be looking at 499$ consoles or even higher, maybe 549$ to ease the pressure of going over 499$.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Quick Resume for multiple games sounds fantastic.
Just to prepare you, each suspended app will require a lot of storage space. Almost entire content of RAM, HDD swap file, and processes inside CPU and GPU will have to be dumped to the one large file on the SSD. Potentially up to 20GB per one app hibernation.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
XSX = 12 TFLOPS

CBXZfttW4AAzyD2.jpg

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Smart Delivery sounds like you buy a game on one platform and choose to play it wherever you like?
...So.. if Fifa is discounted for the Xbox One.. can you buy that version and score a next gen Series X version?

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
All Xbox One games, it sounds like, will be natively compatable at launch. Regarding 360 and OG Xbox games at the moment it's just the ones that already are apart of BC, however MS have said a number of times that the program will resume once the Series X launches and they'll continue to add new games to BC as time goes on.
Have they actually stated this? I really want to believe that to be the case, but AFAIK, they only stated they would bring existing BC games to XSX, not add more.

WightnNerdy

Oct 27, 2017
London, Ontario
I want to be excited about this but knowing there won't be games made only for it until 2022 at the earliest, and the possibly of Lockhart dampers it a bit. I can't wait to see gameplay of a next gen only game already
While I agree with you that it's disappointing we won't see games specifically made for next gen for a few years yet, current generation games already look incredible. Games on the Xbox Series X (and hopefully the PS5) will just look sharper and run at better frame rates. I'll take that over game looking beautiful but running like garbage. I bet Halo Infinite will still look amazing on Series X.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
If they price it at 499$, they dont need to drop the prices fir the holidays for another 3 years similar to the Switch or with the Elite Series 1.

At 499$, they may even sell 30-40% more GP Subscriptions with the momentum of the launch and Halo.

So its worth taking a hit of 150-200$ now and wait till BOM goes down over time.
Agreed.

12-14TF at $499 was my original prediction for MS..they really do need to just eat the hardware costs to get back their momentum next gen. I'm guessing w these specs at $499 it's at least $100 per console they're losing but it's well worth it.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm making a big assumption that they will continue with the push for full BC, and that there will be some aspect of this system that they will discuss at E3.

Count me as optimistic, but you're right.

If they continue adding to the list then that would be amazing! I miss the weekly check for new BC items (even though I don't have an XBO at all) I kept all my 360 / OG games and knew I'd be back one day! The Series X is my return point! I skipped a whole generation (and with lots of reason), but MS has pulled me back.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Smart Delivery sounds like you buy a game on one platform and choose to play it wherever you like?
...So.. if Fifa is discounted for the Xbox One.. can you buy that version and score a next gen Series X version?

If EA supports it, it would mean there would only ever be 1 SKU (not including things like Ultimate Editions). They wouldn't have a Series X listing and a separate Xbox One listing.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

That's exactly what it is. Basically you can buy the base Xbox One version of the game and it'll immediately become an XSX game as well if you play it there. No more repurchasing old games for newer hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.