• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mocoworm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
IN MY VEINS!

The hype is building. This thing is a BEAST of a console. Phil Spencer making all the right decisions. Let's just hope the games are delivered along with the hardware.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Wow, very clear digs at Sony:

"At Xbox we value being open and transparent with you, and I'm proud to be able to share details about some of the technologies we are enabling for the next generation, and look forward to boldly sharing more as we head towards E3."

shots. fired.

Anyway, I'm expecting $499 USD. Phil said some time ago they won't be out of position on power or price.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been interested in the Xbox ecosystem at all this generation and I wasn't all that interested for next gen either. After reading this, they are really saying all of the right things. Xbox Series X went from something I would never buy to something I'm now paying attention to. For me the biggest thing is the Xbox ecosystem has 0 exclusive games this generation that I wanted. I am hoping with the new studio acquisitions that changes.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Smart Delivery sounds AMAZING.

Meaning you can buy an Xbox One version of a game, and it becomes an Xbox Series X version of the game when you play it on that console. No more buying multiple copies of a game just because you got a new system.
Making every game (at least every first party game for now) forward compatible. This is what we need.

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
I can see this at 599. Its going to be almost 2021 when this launches, and gaming has gone up in profile since the ps3 days. No problems for this to be 599, esp when you consider lockheart an option (if its still on).

Its a steal at 599 imho.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
We're making the commitment to use Smart Delivery on all our exclusive Xbox Game Studios titles, including Halo Infinite , ensuring you only have to purchase a title once in order to play the best available version for whichever Xbox console they choose to play on. This technology is available for all developers and publishers, and they can choose to use it for titles that will be release on Xbox One first and come to the Xbox Series X later.
Folks should pay attention to the bolded. It's up to the publisher/dev if they want you to pay for their games once. Guess we'll see who shows their ass soon enough.

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Curious how they plan on pricing Lockhart if they can get this to $499

Seems like to make the price gap worth putting a lower-spec machine on the market, it would need to be $150-200 cheaper, which I doubt they could get Lockhart that low... a $599 XSX and a $399 XSS would probably work though

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
I want this. I want this now! Sounds so good. Let's see what Sony will counter with...

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Folks should pay attention the bolded. It's up to the publisher/dev if they want you to pay for their games once. Guess we'll see who shows their ass soon enough.
Yeah that's what I took from the statement too.
Now I just need to know if up be able to play long lost 360 arcade again I bought in the past.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
499....And Microsoft are doing such an amazing job of drip feeding info and keeping the box in peoples minds...I'll take this approach all day.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folks should pay attention the bolded. It's up to the publisher/dev if they want you to pay for their games once. Guess we'll see who shows their ass soon enough.
Hopefully the feature plays out similarly to how cross play/cross progression is, in that the game looks silly if it doesn't include it as a feature.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Raytracing + Xbox Game Pass is so sweet. I have always a Playstation guy but I am really considering jumping the fence to the other side for the next gen.

That is, until Bloodborne 2 gets announced for PS5 :).

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at everyone now yelling $599 like these specs weren't exactly what we expected.

It's gonna be $499, MS will take the hit.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox "One" X? I think we need a title correction.

Also, is this the first time Microsoft has confirmed 12 TF?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How expensive is this thing gonna be? Jesus. I won't be getting one either way but that kind of processor adds a lot of cost to the manufacturing, doesn't it?

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I'm definitely willing to pay 599 for a system that lasts for quite a long time and especially since I've already chosen my ecosystem for next-gen.
I don't see this system launching at 499... but i guess anything can happen these days so I'm really curious what price they'll be going for.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Smart Delivery: This technology empowers you to buy a game once and know that – whether you are playing it on Xbox One or Xbox Series X – you are getting the right version of that game on whatever Xbox you're playing on. We're making the commitment to use Smart Delivery on all our exclusive Xbox Game Studios titles, including Halo Infinite, ensuring you only have to purchase a title once in order to play the best available version for whichever Xbox console they choose to play on. This technology is available for all developers and publishers, and they can choose to use it for titles that will be release on Xbox One first and come to the Xbox Series X later.
expected this for first-party stuff; wondering how many third-parties will take advantage of it (maybe more than you'd expect with Game Pass)

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
This thing will definitely be at least $499 but still, it's awesome to see them talk about the features and performance. Glad they won't be caught flat-footed next-gen.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I still fully expect companies will re-release games from this gen again on shelves as stuff like "Avengers: Game of the Year Deluxe" as a new SKU to make sure there's a Series X/PS5 box on shelves. I don't think every publisher is going to be forced to develop free new upgrades for old games like Resident Evil 3 or Cyberpunk 2077

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
So 12 TFlops is good right? This thing is reasonably beefy?

Minecraft will look like this

2019-04-01-image.jpg

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I can imagine this being 599, but only if the PS5 is pretty significantly less powerful at 499. There's been people like Matt saying both will be very close, so I suspect both will just be 499.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
"Your favorite games, including titles in Xbox Game Pass, benefit from steadier framerates, faster load times and improved resolution and visual fidelity – all with no developer work required."

👀

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Smart delivery and Quick Resume sound great.

$599 sounds right but I think MS will eat the cost to make it $499 to stay competitive.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I've got no historical connection with Xbox as a brand whatsoever, but I got to admit, this sounds really on point and I'm looking forward to what they'll deliver for the first time ever.
Let's see what games there'll be in the first 24 months. This could be quite the strong start for Xbox.

Nov 8, 2017
Quick resume for multiple games sounds amazing, and I love the commitment to the ecosystem. Still going to need worthwhile games to get me.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
I'll wait to see what Sony puts out there both in terms of specs and I'd love to see a price comparison. That said, Phil is making a very strong case for me to switch back into the Microsoft ecosystem, even if this is $599.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Title needs to needs to be fixed to Xbox Series X. Anyway surprised they did this on a random Monday. Super awesome to see that someone is at least sharing more details.

J Handlebars

Oct 28, 2017
How can the series x have more teraflops than the rtx2080? 12 vs. 10. But the card costs more than the console presumably will as a whole.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
"Your favorite games, including titles in Xbox Game Pass, benefit from steadier framerates, faster load times and improved resolution and visual fidelity – all with no developer work required."

👀

One would assume that's for titles with dynamic res, or maybe they're doing something similar to 360 BC where they give devs the option to upres the game!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Smart delivery being optional probably points to 3rd parties not being onboard with doing X/Pro like Enhancements for PS5/XSX for "free" which is kinda worrying. Hopefully enough get onboard so they all basically get pressured into it whether they actually want to or not. A platform holder already committing to it is a great first step at least.

EctoPrime

Oct 27, 2017
All the info so far has been sounding great. Now price that thing at $399 and it would be hard to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.