• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sending Atmos bitstream to CX EARC to soundbar and audio is behind.

PS5 does not have any lag via pcm or whatever it sends.

I tried to switch Xbox to 7.1 and audio glitches out. I didn't think CX can pass through PCM?
I don't think it can. I only get stereo sound with pcm on ps5, but Dolby bitstream gives me full surround

Feb 15, 2018

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the customer service is HORRIBLE. It takes forever to reach someone. When you finally do they transfer you to different dept and then its just lost in limbo. I've been on hold for hours man. With is this Microsoft? :/

this is my first Xbox. These issues have really soured my experience. Sigh

Oct 29, 2017
I'm very dissapointed with the instant on / quick resume function on my Series S. It fails randomly all the time, closing a game I just relaunched. Coming from the PS4, it's a big letdown, where the resume state function have been flawless for me. On my Series I feel like it can't be trusted at all. Anybody else with this experience? Was it like this on the Xbone too?

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Wow.... after all that they just hung up.

this is such bullshit. It's literally the worst goddam customer support I've ever dealt with

OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got one issue. Controller doesn't sync and sync button on Xbox doesn't work anymore.
needed a full restart

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
Anyone using a series X with an LG CX and have issues with "instant game response launched" coming up every time you change apps/games/go to menu? The notification is a bit annoying and I don't get why it pops up for Netflix.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm having the same issue then. How did you enable your 2.3GHz option on your router? I know I'm supposed to have both but I only have one WiFi option show up and I believe it's the 5GHz. My Xbox cant connect to my home wifi. It's very frustrating. I've been using the public xfinity wifi.

edit: I should mention, my personal hotspot also provided very slow speeds and barely worked. I really don't know at this point if it's anXbox problem or network problem.

I'm at my in-laws and away from my router now. But the answer to this question will always depend on the specific router model you have. You'd have to log into your router (usually with some local IP address like 192.168.0.1, depends on the router). You should consult your router's user manual to see the specific way to enable 2.4GHz for your router.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
I'm very dissapointed with the instant on / quick resume function on my Series S. It fails randomly all the time, closing a game I just relaunched. Coming from the PS4, it's a big letdown, where the resume state function have been flawless for me. On my Series I feel like it can't be trusted at all. Anybody else with this experience? Was it like this on the Xbone too?

when first bought onex it was definitely inconsistent compared to ps4, could never trust it.
but remember it became much better with later system updates,
don't have a series console to check.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Cross posting from the OT.

Anyone having an issue where the screen on goes black for a half second occasionally mid game/app? Seems to be be random for 20-30 mins after booting a game or app today, had no issues before but have had it in the HBOMax app and while playing PSO2 today.

Testing State of Decay 2 and it seems to crash a lot, thought it was fixed after reinstalling but crashed after like 30 mins, nit sure if these issues are related but did not have any issues pre installation of SoD2.

Oct 29, 2017
when first bought onex it was definitely inconsistent compared to ps4, could never trust it.
but remember it became much better with later system updates,
don't have a series console to check.
I read that some of the Enhanced titles are having trouble with resume function (which is pretty much the titles I have played so far). Gears Tactics is especially bad, failing every time.

It's a bit of a bummer, but hopefully it will get more consistent with updates. I use the funcrionality often. Having a kid / being a grown ass man, comes with lots of obligations, I cant always wait for the next save point, or want to pick up quickly where I left of.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Wait.... you can't stream the Series X|S to the companion app? Only Xbox One? What in the world?
Are you talking about this?
BWZMAax.jpg

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking about this?
BWZMAax.jpg

Weird. There is one less tick box on the Series X than on the One X's remote play menu, plus when I go to the app and attempt to connect an existing console it just sits there. Cannot get it to connect.

Edit: Had to do it from the Library tab. The connect button on the home screen would only connect to the One X. Working now.

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
For Sony X900H, I think even Dolby Atmos doesn't work in 4K/120 mode (using the TV's speaker) if I select 4K/60 with Dolby then everything is working but if I select Dolby Atmos and 4K/120 then I get no sound unless I choose like a stereo or 5.1.

I think it's a TV issue though, not from Xbox.

OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone using a series X with an LG CX and have issues with "instant game response launched" coming up every time you change apps/games/go to menu? The notification is a bit annoying and I don't get why it pops up for Netflix.
Netflix is buggued as hell on Xbox. Don't use it. But yeah annoying pop up

Aug 15, 2020
Anyone running into any issues on the Series X with setting it as your primary console? Whenever I go into "my home xbox" in settings it never seems to be able to connect to whatever server it needs to connect to despite being online.

Eskiboy

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham
I posted this in the other thread as I didn't see this one, so asking again.

When i do a full shutdown, a couple of seconds later the disc drive makes a noise like it's reading a disc and then powers down. Is this normal. External HDD light and console fans also power back on. Then goes into shutdown.

Oct 28, 2017
I had an issue where when switching from game to dashboard, the console and tv lost a connection with one another and the tv stayed on the no connection screen. I believe they call this a "hdmi handshake"issue. Have you had this problem?

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Got hit with my first serious problem: Everything was fine. Yesterday I wanted to chat with a friend in a party and the mic from the headset that is connected to the controller no longer works. Tried my other headset and it didn't work either. Used another controller and it is fine there.

Something is busted on the new controller.

Edit: I'm dumb. I somehow accidentally turned the mic off in the volume settings. Can't remember doing that 🤔

Last edited:

jdroopy

Oct 9, 2020
Cross posting from the OT.

Anyone having an issue where the screen on goes black for a half second occasionally mid game/app? Seems to be be random for 20-30 mins after booting a game or app today, had no issues before but have had it in the HBOMax app and while playing PSO2 today.

Testing State of Decay 2 and it seems to crash a lot, thought it was fixed after reinstalling but crashed after like 30 mins, nit sure if these issues are related but did not have any issues pre installation of SoD2.
That happen to me yesterday. I have a TCL tv, it had an update on it. A day later my screen would flicker black for like 2-3 secs. I changed the HDMI and it went away.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I've posted in this thread about issues I was having with my CX. With 120hz mode selected, my screen would always go black or flash random black screens when I was trying to play a game. 60hz would work fine, but 120hz was a mess. I had the Xbox plugged into HDMI port 2, which also has eArc/Arc labeled next to it. I removed the Xbox from that port and put it into port 3, and in that case 120hz mode was working just fine last night. I haven't tried this morning yet, but yea for me at least could I just have a faulty port on my TV or something?

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the customer service is HORRIBLE. It takes forever to reach someone. When you finally do they transfer you to different dept and then its just lost in limbo. I've been on hold for hours man. With is this Microsoft? :/

Hey, we're going through a global pandemic and a launch. I work in a call center and it's not easy, as we sent everyone home. It's hard

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had the console boot up stuck at 480p, in a small blurry window in the centre of the screen?

A full reboot seems to sort it, but I've had it happen a few times now.

Oct 28, 2017
Valhalla seems to be causing artifacting. Vertical white and purple lines start appearing, and even appear in the system menu. Probably need to RMA :/

Edit: Found someone else's video of it. Might hold off on RMA a little bit to see if anyone discovers anything.
www.youtube.com

Xbox Series X Artifacting

After about an hour and a half of playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla I started to notice these vertical graphical artifacts pop up. The console was extremely ...
Im having this issue in warzone mainly. I cant see it in Sekiro (playing it right now) or anything else. Could this be something that could be fixed in a update or should i just look into a repair? With the holidays coming up it may take longer then i would like.

Sirolf

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Le Mans , France
Valhalla seems to be causing artifacting. Vertical white and purple lines start appearing, and even appear in the system menu. Probably need to RMA :/

Edit: Found someone else's video of it. Might hold off on RMA a little bit to see if anyone discovers anything.
www.youtube.com

After about an hour and a half of playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla I started to notice these vertical graphical artifacts pop up. The console was extremely ...

I have the same problem !!
I send my X via UPS tomorrow to MS :/ :/

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Yeah I also have the 'instant game response' message every time I go in and out of a game. Not a really big deal, but still.

One thing I wonder though... when I take a screenshot of a game, it takes about half an hour or more to upload it to Xbox Live / the Xbox app. Anyone knows what causes this?

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017

www.youtube.com

Are you using VRR or 120Hz output?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I posted this in the other thread as I didn't see this one, so asking again.

When i do a full shutdown, a couple of seconds later the disc drive makes a noise like it's reading a disc and then powers down. Is this normal. External HDD light and console fans also power back on. Then goes into shutdown.
That's normal. The One X did this too sometimes.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Something is busted on the new controller.

I am grateful to have had very few issues at all. The 2 (minor) issues I have noted so far are the Instant Gane Response banner on every screen transition.
And
Sometimes I boot my series X via controller button snd it flashes a bit, boots the console and then the controller turns off. :/

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London

I had to report a faulty controller with Microsoft the other day. I request call back after call back, waiting 90min between each. Every time they called I would get cut off randomly. This went on for 2 days fml.

Finally got someone on the phone, and it took FORTY MINUTES to report a broken controller, give them my details, and get them to log it and email me the postage form.

During that convo I gave the rep my address about six times. It was ludicrous.

All the info I needed to give them could have been done in 5min so fuck knows why it took 40.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
So it is the third time now that I turn off the Series X and when I turn it back on it restarts Valhalla instead of resuming from where it was suspended.

Could there be a setting I missed? Why is it not working anymore?

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
I've desactivated the VRR option on my Series X and artifacts are gone...(LG CX here).
Well i'm gonna wait a little before i RMA the whole thing (Firmware fix ?)
Another ERA posters with the same problems ?
Same happens to me, only with VRR enabled (LG B9). I've disabled VRR entirely as its given me nothing but problems

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
When setting the console to Dolby Atmos or Dolby Digital I get a delay in audio sounds on the dash and in games. At most it seems sound cues are off by 1-2 seconds. It doesn't happen when on Dolby Surround.

My sound bar supports DTS:X for Home theater. Whenever I select it on the Series X settings, I get the error message stating my sound bar does not support it.

I did not have these issues on my Xbox One X. Anyone else experiencing this?
Are you running via ARC?

Sirolf

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Le Mans , France
Same happens to me, only with VRR enabled (LG B9). I've disabled VRR entirely as its given me nothing but problems

I've just contacted the support by chat and they have acknowledged this particular problem within their service after several cases like ours.
I think a fix will be coming for this,we are not alone with this problem :)

Last edited:

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, we're going through a global pandemic and a launch. I work in a call center and it's not easy, as we sent everyone home. It's hard
Yes of course, but even with that said this was way too much man sorry. Everyone is going through this pandemic unfortunately. Plenty of other companies I've needed help with customer service worked just fine even with delays and heavy traffic. The Xbox/Microsoft support was something else. Multiple times they would hang up on me or just flat out be confused and transfer me somewhere else only to be dropped. And all that after hours of waiting. That isn't right.

GlacialTruffle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im having this issue in warzone mainly. I cant see it in Sekiro (playing it right now) or anything else. Could this be something that could be fixed in a update or should i just look into a repair? With the holidays coming up it may take longer then i would like.
Quoting to make sure you see this. Like my follow-up and the last few posts above me, it seems the problem is related to VRR right now.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
It's never suspended for me either

Someone earlier posted that Quick Resume is currently disabled. I'm having same issue.

answers.microsoft.com

Known Issues on Xbox Series X|S

Last Updated: 3/22/2021 at 5:00PM PST Hi there, It's an exciting time. The Xbox Series X|S consoles have both launched and we hope you're enjoying your time with the next generation of gaming. In the

"While Quick Resume is fully operational with thousands of titles, we are aware a select number of Optimized titles may be experiencing issues with this feature. To ensure the best possible experience for our fans, we've disabled the feature for these titles and are working as quickly as possible to fix this at the platform level."

Oct 25, 2017
Someone earlier posted that Quick Resume is currently disabled. I'm having same issue.

answers.microsoft.com

Known Issues on Xbox Series X|S

Last Updated: 3/22/2021 at 5:00PM PST Hi there, It's an exciting time. The Xbox Series X|S consoles have both launched and we hope you're enjoying your time with the next generation of gaming. In the

"While Quick Resume is fully operational with thousands of titles, we are aware a select number of Optimized titles may be experiencing issues with this feature. To ensure the best possible experience for our fans, we've disabled the feature for these titles and are working as quickly as possible to fix this at the platform level."
At least it loads so fast I don't mind . But weird the big selling point isn't working fully

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Series X on a C9 with the latest firmware. I played Man of Medan last night and noticed a strange flickering in the first 30ish minutes of the game. It almost looked like the TV was readjusting its brightness every other second, particularly in the dark scenes. As the game went on it totally went away (even with mostly dark scenes present), but I'm curious what could have caused this? I have every setting enabled in the TV settings of my XSX (VRR/120Hz/4:2:2).

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Series X on a C9 with the latest firmware. I played Man of Medan last night and noticed a strange flickering in the first 30ish minutes of the game. It almost looked like the TV was readjusting its brightness every other second, particularly in the dark scenes. As the game went on it totally went away (even with mostly dark scenes present), but I'm curious what could have caused this? I have every setting enabled in the TV settings of my XSX (VRR/120Hz/4:2:2).
It's the VRR.