• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Have any of you guys noticed on Forza Horizon 4 Series S/X update a sort of weird stutter around the rear lights in chase cam? I've tried on two TV's and both S and X have this issue?

It's like image break up or a stutter of some kind but happens on both my Series X and Series S. One is on an LG B7 OLED and the other is on an LG CX OLED?
Yes, having the same thing on XSX with a B9 _ 120HZ and VRR engaged.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Anyone else having any issues with the buttons on the controller sticking?

The Y button on mine is sticking down if I apply pressure to the right side of the button.

I've raised a ticked with GAME support.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I am reposting it here because i am really despereate right now:

I have a 1440p 144HZ PC Monitor (Acer XZ321QUbmijpphzx) which has a HDMI 2.0 port in which I am using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox. So it should support 1440p at 120HZ, right? But in the settings it says 120HZ is not supported by the display. Is there anything else I can do?
The monitor only supports 60hz over the HDMI.

OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't watch video, at work. Does it only affect the UI and the games turn 10 bit automatically? Because 8 bit is SDR, not HDR.
Yeah it's automatic as far as I remember

I set up my serie x on my 65c9 in bedroom. No issue. Maybe it's coming from my avr. Which would be strange. It's earc and everything ....

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So, I can't get 7.1 sound from the Xbox series x. I have console connected via hdmi to my tv and optical out from the tv to my receiver. I don't even seem to get stereo. The sound clips as well. Am I fucked?

snogrigg

Sep 11, 2018
I currently have no sound from my headset or tv. Can't figure out how to fix.

Edit: system sound was a dumb error on my part. Unsure why my 7x isn't working still. Was working earlier.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020
Anyone figured out how to get access to Panzer Dragoon Orta on their EU console? It has dissappeared for me and says unavailable in the Xbox store. If I go through the US online store I can download it but not start it (need to log in with the same id I bought it with, which I of course already am) and it isn't on the EU online store anymore, except for that god awful 360 styled legacy store but that doesn't really help as I can't download anything from it.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I'm driving, so I'm making this post with voice to text.

My brother just called me and his Xbox said his to be supports certain things does he want to accept, when he accepted it he got a black screen / no signal. Now all he gets is no signal when turning the system on.

He has tried with both his 1X HDMI cable and the series X cable.

I'd look into it more, but it'll be someone here has seen a solution while I am on the road.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
anyone else have an issue where the console has to be unplugged & then plugged back in before it'll power back on after being turned off? :-/

edit: it's just turned itself off suddenly twice & there's a smell coming from it so I think I might have a lemon :(

edit 2: I haven't even played anything yet which is frustrating >_< just been waiting for games to download/update

edit 3: and now it's not even turning back on anymore :'(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im finding than Im losing sound sometimes. I just need to start another game or do something and it might come back. There is definitely a allm issue. Hopefully it will be fixed

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
I had the same issue with signing in. Just the spinning disc. It happened at the beginning right after the initial update. Went to Settings>System>Console info>Reset console. Didn't take long since the SSD was empty. It's been fine since.

However I have another problem now. The 1TB Seagate SSD expansion card I bought is not being recognized by the console. I thought it was automatic? Unplugged it and re-plugged it and nothing. Restarted the console and nothing. Not sure if the expansion card is a dud or something else. Gotta do more troubleshooting....

Mar 31, 2020
For whatever reason, it won't let me select a dynamic background. When I click on dynamic background, nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing this?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
The only issue that I ran into was when I transferred over my settings from my Xbox One X, my pins existing without the actual app being downloaded made them get stuck in a store loading loop. I had to go into the store manually and re-download the apps and then it triggered the store page for the rest that I kept that had not yet been downloaded on the box.

Other than that, it shut off once by itself but I've been good ever since.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
We have tried everything to get my roommate's Series S connected to our router and we can not get it to actually connect. It sees the router, we input our password, it can not get past obtaining an IP address. That's what we assume anyway, the "Checking connection..." with a spinning icon doesn't really give much detail on what the fuck is going on.

Earlier we were getting error codes but we're not even getting that anymore. Just a bunch of suggestions that do not work.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Ugh... imported my settings from my Xbox one... and for some reason my NAT type went from Open to Moderate with a Double NAT issue... and for some reason, no cables seem to work on Ethernet port. I'm using wireless, but just not going well.

not sure if I have a lemon if the Ethernet isn't working.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We have tried everything to get my roommate's Series S connected to our router and we can not get it to actually connect. It sees the router, we input our password, it can not get past obtaining an IP address. That's what we assume anyway, the "Checking connection..." with a spinning icon doesn't really give much detail on what the fuck is going on.
Sounds like a lemon

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

Noooo, please don't say that. Is there any way to hard reset the console? When we turn it on it jumps right to the "It's time to update" screen.

could there be signal interference from the PS4 being in rest mode next to it?

We worked so hard to get this one console, we'd both be a little heartbroken if it's broken.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having OS sounds (menu change cues, notifications, stuff like that) that either crackle and pop or just cut halfway through? Any fix known for that yet? It does happen to games or anything, just OS related stuff

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Here's what I'm getting:

There was a problem with the update
You need an update to use your console, but something went wrong. For help, visit xbox.com/xboxone/update/help.

Console ID: [redacted]
Error code: 0x8B0500B6 0x00000000 0x00000201

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
Okay I'm glad I saw this now. I came here to ask if anyone else was having an issue with the middle third of their tv being a black bar after setting it to 120hz mode. Cuz this shit is infuriating. Updating now.
I had the vertical black bar after the update. Eventually, it went away and now I have 4K and 120 hz set to on with artifacts or issues

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Here's what I'm getting:

There was a problem with the update
You need an update to use your console, but something went wrong. For help, visit xbox.com/xboxone/update/help.

Console ID: [redacted]
Error code: 0x8B0500B6 0x00000000 0x00000201

I had this while trying to get my Series X updated through wi-if and using my phone. Finally caved and plugged it directly into the router with an Ethernet cable. Updated and worked no problem. Not sure if you can, but maybe try that.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Noooo, please don't say that. Is there any way to hard reset the console? When we turn it on it jumps right to the "It's time to update" screen.

could there be signal interference from the PS4 being in rest mode next to it?

We worked so hard to get this one console, we'd both be a little heartbroken if it's broken.
Use your phone as a hot spot quick and see if that connects. Could be it doesn't like your router

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Anyone have strange oddities with transferring games from an external to Internal Series X?

Doom Eternal copied but then it says only Battle mode is installed?

Also, a bunch of updates queued up for games I don't have installed but had installed. On my old One X.

Also, Gears 5 copied but then disappeared. Had to re-download.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I had the vertical black bar after the update. Eventually, it went away and now I have 4K and 120 hz set to on with artifacts or issues
I still had it after the update. Then I restarted the console and it's fine now. Crossing fingers. I think HDMI 2.1 is a wee bit undercooked.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on an LG C9 and I can't get 4k and 120hz to work for the life of me, using the included HDMI cable and tried a few of my TV's ports.

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
I suspect most issues people are experiencing are related more to HDMI 2.1 and TV firmware than the Xbox itself.

Having a few issues on my B9. I can't run 4K120 with VRR enabled no matter what I do. I have the new firmware installed but it just loses signal the second I start a game. Turning off VRR works.

Deej1980

Oct 30, 2017
Some weird oddities. Randomly turned itself off once. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a lot darker and washed out compared with the Xbox One X version. Yeah I have tinkered with the HDR options in both a console level and game level. Controller randomly disconnected from the unit.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Not having a lot of fun with mine so far. Haven't been able to use it for anything all day. Trying redownload a few things I had on my One X and for whatever reason it just will not download when it's in standby. Using Instant On. I put it away for several hours only to come back to zero progress on downloads. Everything is set as it should for this and I don't know why it won't work. Have tried restarting twice so far.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Alright I found a big error. You can't turn on 120hz frame rate and Atmos at the same time?

I have atmos working to my LG CX but when I switch to 120hz it bombs out.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017

Earlier we were getting error codes but we're not even getting that anymore. Just a bunch of suggestions that do not work.
Try hardwiring it and then allow the system to update.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Download speeds are really inconsistent. One sec it will be over 500mb and then drop all the way down to the 30s smh

Aug 15, 2020
I have a faulty GPU :( Numerous graphical artifacts everywhere !

What kind of artifacts are you getting? Across all games or just in any specific areas? I've got some weird glitching going on in the menu occasionally but nothing in the games from what I've seen and I don't know what to make of it.

Download speeds are really inconsistent. One sec it will be over 500mb and then drop all the way down to the 30s smh

I've had this as well, though for whatever reason restarting the system will generally bring me back to ~500.