• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
I am reposting it here because i am really despereate right now:

I have a 1440p 144HZ PC Monitor (Acer XZ321QUbmijpphzx) which has a HDMI 2.0 port in which I am using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox. So it should support 1440p at 120HZ, right? But in the settings it says 120HZ is not supported by the display. Is there anything else I can do?

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017

I have a 1440p 144HZ PC Monitor (Acer XZ321QUbmijpphzx) which has a HDMI 2.0 port in which I am using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox. So it should support 1440p at 120HZ, right? But in the settings it says 120HZ is not supported by the display. Is there anything else I can do?
Are you manually selecting 1440 on the Xbox?

I know on my AOC 1080p 144 freesync display with my one X thru hdmi I had to set 1080p 60 on Xbox for freesync to enable not sure if it's something weird like that.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I will have both an Xbox One X and Series X on the same network. Can they both be on at the same time, and both be considered primary consoles?

I'm giving my daughter my One X, and want her to still be able to play all my games. Can she log in with her gamer tag and still access game pass and my purchases on the One X, while I game on my new Series X?

Am I making sense with my question?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
My controller don't seem screwed completely well:

Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

Simple and lightning fast image sharing. Upload clipboard images with Copy & Paste and image files with Drag & Drop

Smyths won't replace just because of this, so would you think the same tools for opening a Xbox One Controller would work here?

I would assume so, but hope they not changed the screwed inside.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
I will have both an Xbox One X and Series X on the same network. Can they both be on at the same time, and both be considered primary consoles?

I'm giving my daughter my One X, and want her to still be able to play all my games. Can she log in with her gamer tag and still access game pass and my purchases on the One X, while I game on my new Series X?

Am I making sense with my question?
Make sure the one she uses is the home console for your account that makes purchases and she can play everything without you being signed in and then you can be on the other console as long as you have a network connection

my son and I have done this since day one his console his my home and mine is his home console

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017

In the video output section try flicking between auto, HDMI and DVI on the display part. I've had to do this before to get it to pop up properly.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Make sure the one she uses is the home console for your account that makes purchases and she can play everything without you being signed in and then you can be on the other console as long as you have a network connection

my son and I have done this since day one his console his my home and mine is his home console
If I do that, then my Series X won't be considered my home console?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised Live shit the bed considering hundreds of thousands of people will be downloading 100s of Gigs in games and updates all day.

ImmortanRambo

Jun 25, 2020
Found out my series x got delayed until Thursday. If i download games on my xbox one x then transfer them over to my series x, will it just dl the update, or are the series x versions pf assassins creed and fortnite brand new installs and not updates?

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
What happens if you use auto setting

if I do that the tab where you can set the framerate vanishes, I can only select a resolution.

In the video output section try flicking between auto, HDMI and DVI on the display part. I've had to do this before to get it to pop up properly.

when I select HDMI I can choose a resolution and a framerate manually, but I can only choose 120hz with up to 1080p. If I choose 1440p it says that this framerate is not supported by the display and sets it back to 60HZ: But I made sure that the display uses HDMI 2.0. even in the settings menu of the monitor itself it labels the HDMI port as HDMI 2.0.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
if I do that the tab where you can set the framerate vanishes, I can only select a resolution.

when I select HDMI I can choose a resolution and a framerate manually, but I can only choose 120hz with up to 1080p. If I choose 1440p it says that this framerate is not supported by the display and sets it back to 60HZ: But I made sure that the display uses HDMI 2.0. even in the settings menu of the monitor itself it labels the HDMI port as HDMI 2.0.
What is the exact model of your monitor? Are you sure it can do 1440/120 thru hdmi does it also have display port I'd assume It does for 1440/144

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
What is the exact model of your monitor? Are you sure it can do 1440/120 thru hdmi does it also have display port I'd assume It does for 1440/144

It's an Acer XZ321QUbmijpphzx. there is the Displayport which I use with my PC of course. it has also two HDMI Ports. One is labeld HDMI 2.0 and the other HDMI(MHL2.1), both in the OSD and on the back of the monitor.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting "Installation Stopped" errors when trying to install games? Happened to me with Horizon 4, MCC, and RDR2.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Blah. Can't get the picture to show up reliably on my C9 (software version 05.00.03, which I believe is the latest). Currently set to 4k@120hz. If I start a game, signal goes away. If I try to set it back to 60Hz, signal goes away... Not sure what to do!

e: I did the hard refresh of output settings detailed here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

and am leaving it at 60Hz for now.

Last edited:

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
My controller completely stopped responding twice during the initial setup. Thought the console hard froze at first, had to turn the controller off and on to get it to work again.

Hopefully it won't happen after I finish setting up and updating.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
community.acer.com

XZ321QU bmijpphzx - I need it to display 1440p 120Hz on HDMI via Xbox One X

I have a XZ321QU bmijpphzx monitor, and I need it to display 1440p 120Hz on HDMI via Xbox One X.

Sadly no real help because the Acer representative claims that the problem is that Xbox and Playstation can't output more than 60HZ and sticks with this claim.

Oh well, I guess I just got fucked over because my HDMI 2.0 port somehow is not HDMI 2.0. God, I hate PC-Gaming. but thanks for the effort, I appreciate it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
After I set up my Series X, the first thing I did was pop in my Watch Dogs Legion disc and attempt to install the Series X version of the game. I noticed that after I put the disc in and started installing it, my disc drive was making loud grinding noises. I popped the disc out and looked at it and everything was flawless, so I put it back in and started making those loud grinding noises again.

The system detected the game and installed it just fine, but that noise while reading the disc did not sound good. I did ask in the official thread about it and someone else claimed their Series X did the same thing while installing Borderlands 3.

Next I decided to pop in my copy of Forza Horizon 4 and install the Series X version of that. To my surprise, the disc was super quiet and only made the typical disc spinning noises you would normally hear. No problems with that disc at all.

Anybody else notice this happening when installing some disc-based games?

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Sadly no real help because the Acer representative claims that the problem is that Xbox and Playstation can't output more than 60HZ and sticks with this claim.

Oh well, I guess I just got fucked over because my HDMI 2.0 port somehow is not HDMI 2.0. God, I hate PC-Gaming. but thanks for the effort, I appreciate it.
What happens if you switch to hdmi 1.4 ? Is that an option.
My AOC is 1080p/144 DP and 1080p/120 thru HDMI but freesync didn't work on my one X unless I set 1080/60 on the console. I'll have to see what happens when my systems show up today

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
My friends series x has shut off twice during valhalla and when he tries turning it back on the power button flashes/blinks. Does this mean anything?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Does everyones blu-ray drive sound like its buzzing when its vertical? Installing Hitman 2 and it's going nuts.

Aug 15, 2020
Is anybody getting some periodic brief graphical glitches on the dashboard? Doesn't seem to be happening in any games from what I can tell, but occasionally I'll get flashes of static on the dashboard. Tried swapping out the HDMI and a couple hard resets but It seems to still be happening.

PcPlasticFuzz

Nov 4, 2017
Have any of you guys noticed on Forza Horizon 4 Series S/X update a sort of weird stutter around the rear lights in chase cam? I've tried on two TV's and both S and X have this issue?

It's like image break up or a stutter of some kind but happens on both my Series X and Series S. One is on an LG B7 OLED and the other is on an LG CX OLED?

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Anyone else tried using Dolby Atmos? When I select audio bitstream out and Dolby Atmos, the sound from games will keep cutting out. The issue only seems to be present when I'm in 4k/120Hz mode, when I switch it back to 60Hz Atmos plays fine.

While in 120Hz, HDMI Dolby digital output is fine, just bitstream Dolby Atmos has issues.

Sony XH90 - HDMI port 4
Sony HT-G700 soundbar - HDMI port 3 (earc)

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Do you have to do anything to get quick resume working? I've got Tetris Effect and Gears 5 installed, but neither seems to resume from where I left it

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I have a OLED LG TV 65B7. can somebody explain to me what should I keep it on and off on the display options? kind of overwhelmed now. allow latency mode?variable refresh rate? Ycc 4:2:2???