• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im having the hardest time of my gaming tech life right now. So many issues I'm totally lost

My setup :

-lg77cx
-jbl 9.1 (hdmi 2 - earc )
-Xbox serie x (hdmi 3 )

I had 0 issues , perfect , with my Xbox one x so what can cause all this ? Hdmi 2.1?

-dropping sounds randomly. Can't be fixed until I quit a game or change a video setting
-allm/vrr issues. Not talking about this contrast things. Allm doesn't work as intended. Instead vrr does activate allm even if this one is turned off
-when I switch from 60 to 120hz and for exemple I push « cancel » to go previous videos settings it makes an error

Im just one hour in .... but it's driving my crazy. If you have any solutions or others issues feel free to post them here

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Im having the hardest time of my gaming tech life right now. So many issues I'm totally lost

My setup :

-lg77cx
-jbl 9.1 (hdmi 2 - earc )
-Xbox serie x (hdmi 3 )

I had 0 issues , perfect , with my Xbox one x so what can cause all this ? Hdmi 2.1?

-dropping sounds randomly. Can't be fixed until I quit a game or change a video setting
-allm/vrr issues. Not talking about this contrast things. Allm doesn't work as intended. Instead vrr does activate allm even if this one is turned off
-when I switch from 60 to 120hz and for exemple I push « cancel » to go previous videos settings it makes an error

Im just one hour in .... but it's driving my crazy. If you have any solutions or others issues feel free to post them here

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I will ask: Have you updated your tv? if so when was the update released? Is there other people with the issue with HDMI 2.1 for this TV?

OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another issue. Pcm 5.1 isn't working correctly anymore. While it was with my one x. Screen is blocking right now I wanted to try pirate warrior 4 framerate

OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just to be sure but I'm gonna try another one. Hdmi cable bundled is 2.1?

OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Correct.

What is the order of your HDMI chain? Is it Xbox > TV > eARC > AVR?

Also, that is the latest firmware, as you know.
Xbox serie x is on hdmi 3
Hdmi 2 is arc to my jbl 9.1 (earc)

more importantly I just replaced my oneX for the serie x in this setup. I tried the new bundled cable but the other one which is a 48gb 2.1 ça le. Everything else is the same but no issue before with the one X

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox serie x is on hdmi 3
Hdmi 2 is arc to my jbl 9.1 (earc)

more importantly I just replaced my oneX for the serie x in this setup. I tried the new bundled cable but the other one which is a 48gb 2.1 ça le. Everything else is the same but no issue before with the one X
What is the behavior since swapping over to the Xbox Series' bundled cable?

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Damn, when MS said that they saw consoles becoming more PC-like I didn't think they were talking about this!

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Haha man this sounds like a disaster. Haven't got my console yet but all probably check you guys in a little bit

edit: what screen settings are everyone using on lg oled? In the past I used the game settings then tweaked things to bring down input lag and brighten it up. I was anticipating Dolby vision but it sounds like that isn't going to work.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Series X working great on a C9, bar the fact I can't pick 10-bit colour. Just loses input when I do that.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I thought to mention the HDTV Test video, but I don't know if that still holds true with the new OS.

Yes, please remove the AVR as we try to isolate where the issue lies.

For your TV, yes, turn that on.
Damn. You're making me rethink everything. Same from that guy on hdtv test we shouldn't use ycc 222 as I remember. I'll try to remove my avr

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. You're making me rethink everything. Same from that guy on hdtv test we shouldn't use ycc 222 as I remember. I'll try to remove my avr
There's always so much mystery behind video settings on devices. TVs, AVRs, consoles, it all becomes a horrible mess with different terminology and little user documentation on support or effect.

Without someone with the testing equipment to say otherwise, personally I'd turn 4:2:2 on. Worst case scenario is it breaks the video signal, so you default back to 4:2:0. Best case is the Series produces an actual 4:2:2 image.

With the Series being new HDMI 2.1 devices, I do wonder if that HDTVTest video still holds weight. You and guitarguy316 could always err on the side of caution and have the video settings at 8-bit and 4:2:2 disabled. It may help changing your settings as such as we troubleshoot.

No because they disabled that server side since COVID to easy network loads.
For reals?! I was wondering why I kept on coming home from work and finding game updates waiting for me.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Was EA Play supposed to launch for Gamepass Ultimate subs today? I can see all the games on Gamepass but it just brings me through to the store to purchase an EA Play sub... Were these not supposed to be included with Ultimate? Did I misread that or do I just need to wait for some store update to correct it?

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Was EA Play supposed to launch for Gamepass Ultimate subs today? I can see all the games on Gamepass but it just brings me through to the store to purchase an EA Play sub... Were these not supposed to be included with Ultimate? Did I misread that or do I just need to wait for some store update to correct it?
I think maybe you need to download the EA Play Hub app

Munroe

May 17, 2019

Yep EA games are available to download. I'm currently downloading Jedi Fallen Order

Edit: just realised this is the troubleshooting thread

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox Series S

Worked fine at first, installed some games, played a bit of Forza Horizon 4 with my son.

But now when I turn on and sign in, I just get a spinning circle like a video buffering animation and that just sits there forever. I don't know where to start...

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know I saw something about large downloads in sleep mode during this COVID crap but I can't for the life of me find it. I know it was something about network loads blah blah.

Best I've found is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...while-in/78d7e643-b1c7-4f59-8d5f-c76295af5a34

XBF Brad A

Hi Kalaka,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have question on auto updates. This is due to a change in the system. Microsoft has made it so big updates do not update automatically for now due to the world issues currently. Personally I have to install some updates manually also.

Thanks,
Brad

Deltatri3

Oct 27, 2017
Same problem here with the signin? Was playing fine for hours then reset and can't get back in. Anybody any ideas?