• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I just checked. It looks like the current auctions for One X and PS4 pro that are ending the soonest as of the time of this post are at about $250+$25 shipping.

Take off 10% from eBay fees and another 3% from paypal fees and your left with about $220.

I'm GameStop "agnostic". Don't like them, but don't hate them. I'd take their deal. $20 bucks less and saving a trip to the post office and not dealing with anything, simply a here-you-go GameStop guy/girl.
And then there's the big one, ebay scammers. They are a goddamn headache, and because Ebay usually sides with the buyers it becomes incredibly annoying trying to get them to return a console.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Amazon is giving $235 for PS4 Pro. Just get a box and bubble wrap. They pay shipping.

God, PS4 Pro and X1X are a terrible value on the (Gamestop) trade compared to like X1 S.

Last edited:

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I asked the cashier how much was the PS4 Pro going for and she told me like $175 but they are taking off like $40-50 (can't remember) because of COVID and that they have to send the console somewhere for the check up. So it would be like $130 give or take total credit.
This is someone not knowing what they are doing. If the console is fine they should be moving it to defective after the trade, not during. We are sending all consoles (and any hardware trades) as "defective" to be sanitized due to Covid. We arnt supposed to be throwing the defective fee on guests though when the console is fine otherwise. Sometimes I smh at other GameStops who can't handle their business properly.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
This is someone not knowing what they are doing. If the console is fine they should be moving it to defective after the trade, not during. We are sending all consoles (and any hardware trades) as "defective" to be sanitized due to Covid. We arnt supposed to be throwing the defective fee on guests though when the console is fine otherwise. Sometimes I smh at other GameStops who can't handle their business properly.
Good to know. I was totally taken aback by that XD

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
So what's the policy on factory reset? When I was trading in my XB1 for the X in 2018 I looked it up and read to do it at home, but when I went in they told me they had to do it there.

Just want to make sure.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm i have an xbox one and xbox one x i wonder if i can trade both towards the series X for $300 off?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
And then there's the big one, ebay scammers. They are a goddamn headache, and because Ebay usually sides with the buyers it becomes incredibly annoying trying to get them to return a console.

Never ever sell anything on eBay unless you can afford to lose it. Learned the hard way selling a Kratos statue way back and they guy said it arrived without his hand fucking liar.

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if this work with the financing plan? Or is that only directly from MS. Does Microsoft have a trade in policy?

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

How much can I get for a PS4 Pro DE (non-functional bluray drive) :]

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Doesn't really apply here. The buyer can claim various shenangans that force you to refund the money.

Yup. Ebay will charge you the money and supposedly they almost always side with the buyer. In fact Ebay will refund the buyer immediately out of their own money if there's none in your paypal, and then charge you. The buyer is good from go. I have been through this one or two times.

You could pull the money out immediately on sale, and not pay the refund if there's a dispute, but Ebay would I assume at least ding your credit and close your account you will probably never be able to sign up for eBay again with your real name/address. Is a lifetime of losing ebay access worth it? Nope.

For me I have a friend that works at target and can get me employee discount, plus red card 5% =15%. That's 75 bucks. It's a tough call how to maximize my savings and also ease of use here. Buy from target and sell the One X later from ebay or Offer up? Or do this gamestop thing but lose the discount?

Honestly I dont think a X One X is worth more than $100. I wouldn't pay more than that for a dead console. MAYBE 150. Who's going to want a dusty OneX when the brand new consoles are out, one of which only costs 299 and packs way more tech?

Also I still play my One X. Not willing to trade it in until maybe a week or two to go. Preferably even until after I have the Series X. Sigh, first world problems.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Important to note that while IF your GameStop is one of the hundreds of GameStops soon to close, they will transfer your preorder to another GameStop, as people have said. BUT you will be in the BACK of the line and will be lucky if they have stock allocated for you in the initial shipment. So if you preorder at GameStop the first moment you can, then that store happens to close, you're very far back in line when you get transferred. That's the risk you're taking with GameStop at this point in time.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a MS refurbished xbox which no longer connects wirelessly to the controller. Think I'm basically out of luck? Do they test for that?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Important to note that while IF your GameStop is one of the hundreds of GameStops soon to close, they will transfer your preorder to another GameStop, as people have said. BUT you will be in the BACK of the line and will be lucky if they have stock allocated for you in the initial shipment. So if you preorder at GameStop the first moment you can, then that store happens to close, you're very far back in line when you get transferred. That's the risk you're taking with GameStop at this point in time.

Ehh, I hedge. Should have 3-4 preorders at various major retailers. Like Gamestop, Target, Wal Mart, Amazon, and Best Buy. At least 2-3 of those if possible. At least if you're grown up with a credit card.

There's no risk, check the secondary market, if you can make a worthwhile profit sell the extras. If not, dont pick them up or return them unopened, except the one you keep.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Tempting but I think I could probably get more cash selling on ebay.
The issue with eBay are fees and shipping. By the time you account for those, it will be close enough.

Xbox One X is going for $270-280 or so on eBay. 10% - 12% or so fees, then $25 - 30 for shipping means you are at $220-230. Is $20-30 worth it for not dealing with eBay? For me, its a negative, but then again, I don't feel like going to GameStop and dealing with the launch madness.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Instead of using eBay, just use OfferUp/Facebook marketplace and ask the buyer to come with a mask

I've had some solid meet ups these past few months where we exchange the product quick since we are cautious with covid

eBay is really risky with high price items, they can easily say it came busted or swap theirs with yours or just play it for a few weeks and return it, eBay will always side with the buyer, eBay gives buyers 180 days I think for returns, used to be 30 or 60 days

You can threaten them with a return fee of up to 30% but that's when things get nasty
I legit put "please don't not buy on impulse, know that if you return an item I will take a 30% return fee, I am not a major retail chain, I'm just a guy getting rid of my electronics"

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
300 bones for a XSX is a mighty fine price and will tide me over for just fine until I build a new Zen3/3090 based PC next year.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Instead of using eBay, just use OfferUp/Facebook marketplace and ask the buyer to come with a mask

Yup, pretty much my first choice. Avoids the massive nearly 15% ebay/paypal fee. Only disadvantage is the 'ol in person meetup/potentially getting robbed. which I could honestly see on something like an Xbox. Of course, try to meet at a safe public location etc.

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like a good deal

Walk in with your one x and walk out with a Series X for less than a hundred dollars, and everything on game pass.

Thats a low entry to next gen

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really hope these type of trade-in deals will come to the Netherlands. Though best case scenario in that case will probably be like €100 for One X and €20 for base Xbox One if you are lucky. Hope I am wrong :')

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
you could always just take the $175 cash and not pre-order

Oh they pay cash? That's really tempting,

If it's true I very well might trade in my Xbox now while the gettins good, and just have no console for a few weeks. I dont expect that offer to last.

But then again dammit I think that last thing I need for the forerunner title in Destiny starts in a few weeks and ends Nov 10...shit...

Edit: stadia! I can do it on stadia or Xcloud (hell I have UGP) for ten bucks lag and all if it just comes to that. Actually Xcloud since I'll own the expansions on that. Good thinking Shark!

my bad i was thinking of games. Looks like they don't currently offer cash for consoles

Res-bot

Nov 11, 2017
pretty good trade-in deal and with backwards compatibility getting the new console will pretty much make the old one redundant.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
I trade in my X1X (bought on launch 3 years ago) for 230€ (with no games) for Series X at italian Gamestop two days ago.
Not bad at all.

Hopefully the store (or the entire country) won't completely close in just two months... ^^'

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping for a bit more for my XB1S and PS4 Slim.
Assuming PS5 with disc drive matches the XSX price ($500), if I traded both in I could cut half off of that, but not sure yet if I'll have $300 to spare for the rest of it.
I know I could sell them myself for more, but I just hate dealing with that shit. Buyers haggling and wasting my time, eBay scammers, shipping costs, etc. Swappa's better than eBay, but I still have to wait for it to sell and deal with shipping.

Plus if I'm honest, I rarely played either my XB1 or my PS4 much the whole generation, so I'm probably better off sticking with what I have until the slim/cheaper PS5 comes out (or they just drop the price a bit).
By then more games will be out and any issues with the launch units will hopefully be ironed out (assuming there are any).

I do really want Ratchet & Clank... but I'm not even 3 games into replaying the series (out of like 9 or 10, not including the multiplayer one).
And as incredible as the new one looks, it doesn't look like it's really changing the formula much.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Aw shit, hopefully that $200 carries over to PS5. I don't think I want to trade in 2 months before launch though.... i guess I could work on the PS3 backlog...

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
How would one go about this if pre-ordering online? I doubt I can get out of work to go pre-order in person on the 22nd. There's not a way I could place an in-store pickup order online, and then bring my console in for a trade later, huh?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Most places will offer higher than that, Gamestop's trade prices are usually not the best.

Amazon/E-Starland both are offering ~$220 for a normal Pro.

You act like $20 is a huge difference lol. Especally not that big of a difference considering the time/money investment of shipping out a console.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
People are really going to miss GameStop when they're gone.
Not sure why you would do this? i still see Pro's going for $300 on the used market. You could definitely get $250 for a Pro/X if you wanted.

Guaranteed, on the spot credit without having to deal with the hassle of dealing with complete strangers on the internet. In the case of eBay you risk getting scammed by a shitty buyer, where you're hardly protected.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Looks like EB Games in Canada is having a trade-in event today. I'm definitely trading in my PS4 slim for $200.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
So what's the policy on factory reset? When I was trading in my XB1 for the X in 2018 I looked it up and read to do it at home, but when I went in they told me they had to do it there.

Just want to make sure.

Doesn't matter. I always do it at home. Dont trust them to not mess something up.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Not bad but Amazon offer for a Pro trade in is $235. They only give $175 though for a One X which is less than this deal but I may end up just trading in both to gamestop since it's technically only a loss of $10 if i trade in both and I won't have to worry about Amazon shipping and waiting for UPS to show up.