• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email with that date on it.

Edit: Adding some info

1e6kgy.png

Also, they'll be taking preorders for All Access

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they officially announced this with the price and date announcement.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Trade in values

GET UP TO $200

WHEN YOU TRADE SELECT CONSOLES TOWARD THE PRE-ORDER OF
XBOX SERIES X|S*

$200 - XBOX ONE X, PS4 PRO
$175 - NINTENDO SWITCH, PS4 1TB
$125 - NINTENDO SWITCH LITE, XBOX ONE S, PS4 500GB
$100 - XBOX ONE 500GB​

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Something else to note is they will have All Access available on 9/22 as well.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All Access day 1 @ Gamestop seems like the bigger story here.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So you can preorder with all access at GameStop.

Pretty big.

Now I don't know if I should trade in my X at GameStop or go through the hassle of trying to sell it.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
You know ... in lieu of recent events, I'd caution people from pre ordering things from Gamestop .. just saying.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Trade in values

GET UP TO $200

WHEN YOU TRADE SELECT CONSOLES TOWARD THE PRE-ORDER OF
XBOX SERIES X|S*

$200 - XBOX ONE X, PS4 PRO
$175 - NINTENDO SWITCH, PS4 1TB
$125 - NINTENDO SWITCH LITE, XBOX ONE S, PS4 500GB
$100 - XBOX ONE 500GB​
Oh thank god they have this.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Can we pre-order online first, and then trade in the consoles in store for credit towards the online purchase? Or can we trade in consoles online? It's a pretty decent deal, I'll probably trade in my base PS4 (I have a pro) and an Xbox One X (I have.. two. Don't judge me!)

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
You know ... in lieu of recent events, I'd caution people from pre ordering things from Gamestop .. just saying.

I agree with this. Especially since they can just up and close a store without refunds or anything.

Please stop. GameStop is not going to fold literally two months before launch. You guys need to stop with the fear mongering.

It's more the issue of your select store specifically closing and you get no refund when it happens.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
For that trade in value can you bring it in on the day you pick up the new console?

edit: no, since it's a preorder.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, $200 TIV for a PS4 Pro is nice. If they do the same for PS5 I might upgrade TBH.

Jun 23, 2019
I agree with this. Especially since they can just up and close a store without refunds or anything.

It's more the issue of your select store specifically closing and you get no refund when it happens.
I worked at GS during several launches. This has never happened. Either you get refunded or they will try to transfer the preorders to another store that has stock or will be getting a refresh.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I worked at GS during several launches. This has never happened. Either you get refunded or they will try to transfer the preorders to another store that has stock or will be getting a refresh.
Is this really a thing? Never heard of it before.
This sounds insane. Has this really happened?

I could have sworn I saw things about not getting refunds when the stores go under. My apologies if I'm mistaken.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My ps4 pro has a broken disk drive but everything else is pristine. I wonder if I could qualify for this minus whatever their fee is for repairable consoles. lol

Jun 23, 2019
I don't think they are dying in the next two months. But, a lot of stores will be closing, so why would you risk giving one your money not knowing for sure if that store will even cost by then?

Because your preorder will get transferred to the closest store or they'll give you the opportunity to refund your money? It's not a zero-sum game.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they are dying in the next two months. But, a lot of stores will be closing, so why would you risk giving one your money not knowing for sure if that store will even cost by then?

There were 2 GS stores within 2 miles of my location a few months ago, now they're both gone. I don't know by the time the orders are ready for these consoles what the status of the next closest one's will be.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seriously considering trading in my XBX for an XSX. Based on everything we know, is there *any* reason to keep the XBX around or is it safe to trade in?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is GameStop really trying to offer $175 for a Switch lol. You'd have an army at your door if you listed it at $250.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Or you simply go with a store like Amazon or Best Buy that isn't dying and you don't have to deal with any of that head ache.

Well this thread is discussing a pre-order trade-in bonus. We'll see if any other places do TIV deals. Last I checked Bestbuy TIV for PS4 Pro was $175. Amazon is higher but you also have to ship your console out to them which takes awhile and I've read a few stories where Amazon seems more strict and sometimes unpredictable about what condition they will accept. Sometimes they'll simply flat out reject a trade-in. Anecdotal of course.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Not sure why you would do this? i still see Pro's going for $300 on the used market. You could definitely get $250 for a Pro/X if you wanted.