• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow this is huge for me... thanks!

(PS. Sorta related, but why does my Series X start up when I plug in my controller to charge?)

Edit: I tried to pair my Series X controller to my Windows 10 machine but despite it saying 'Connected' the lights just keeps flashing and no input is received.

Last edited:

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
That's a pretty great feature. And ask a mod to correct your title, it's just the Series X/S controller, not the One.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One controller doesn't do this. If anything it is terrible. If you plug it into your pc or an external usb charger I always have to resync it to the console.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the update whoever you are lol. Sorry, just Series console controllers only.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Oh shit, this is huge. I've been using an Xbox One controller for PC games, wired since it is an older controller. I didn't want to mess with syncing back and forth between my PC/XSX, but this will make that really easy.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
shame that this doesn't apply in swapping between the Xbox Wireless Adapter on PC and Xbox consoles, cuz that's my *only* use case for such a thing. still, this is rad for Bluetooth users.

Oct 25, 2017
shame that this doesn't apply in swapping between the Xbox Wireless Adapter on PC and Xbox consoles, cuz that's my *only* use case for such a thing. still, this is rad for Bluetooth users.
Oh, it doesn't? I was about to post that this is a really cool feature but I'll have to downgrade it to merely pretty cool.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Tried it and it works flawlessly. Surprising how hidden the feature is, but it's very useful :D

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I just use two different controllers. I'm not too clear on how to do this, you hold it to get the light flashing and then tap twice or hold?

EDIT: Oh, it's for Bluetooth users, nevermind then. I have an Xbox Adapter for my PC.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fact that it doesn't use the wireless USB adapter nullifies this for me... For now. Once it gets iOS/iPadOS support, then I'm gonna be golden on this feature!

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, I'd want it to switch between two USB adapters, so it's not really useful. I don't actually have an Xbox.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh fuck me, thanks god it has something like this.

I'm not posting "Amazing" or "Wow how cool and smart" cause this should be f'n standard.
When I connected my controller to PC via wireless and then wanted to play on Xbox again I was thinking "You can't find it anymore, are you kidding me? What year is it?"

Also, what the controller still sucks at is playing on PC via cable, then removing the cable and it immediately starts your Xbox, instead of shutting off.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It took me a while to get it to work, but now it's seemingly set up.
I don't get why they won't let you just double-tap the sync key to switch devices, rather than holding down on it to go back to the last non-xbox device.

Why does my Series X start up when the controller is plugged in though? So annoying. I just want to charge it.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Damn, that is awesome. I was just thinking if how great a feature like this would be. I've been bouncing between my PC and Xbox a lot. If I can bounce to my phone easily as well, that's just icing on the cake.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
That's pretty cool. I discovered recently that, if I have the Series X controller plugged into my PC via USB, then yank the cable out, it will turn on my Xbox. Which is, actually, a bit of a pain in the bum, heh. I've had to start pulling out a battery before I unplug the controller :D

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aw it doesn't do it for PC with the adapter? I would go back and forth between my desktop and my iPad pretty regularly