• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México
If you are from a Latin America country (except Brazil) you know what I mean, Microsoft canceled the pre-orders and not new date has been given, even on countries like Mexico or Chile, with official prices annouced.

Is this a stock issue?

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird. Maybe they're moving those units to the US?

A friend preordered yesterday in Brazil from Amazon, but the expected date to ship is December 15.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Huh that's weird. In Brazil pre-orders started yesterday but the release date is not 100% set in stone yet, which is also a bit weird.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Microsoft still hasn't revealed a release date in Brazil. They only announced prices last Friday, with the X being almost $1000.

I guess with that with an economic crisis in most LATAM countries and the local currencies being devaluated compared to the USD, MS is holding as long as possible to know what kind of stock or price they'll be able to offer.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft still hasn't revealed a release date in Brazil. They only announced prices last Friday, with the X being almost $1000.

I guess with that with an economic crisis in most LATAM countries and the local currencies being devaluated compared to the USD, MS is holding as long as possible to know what kind of stock or price they'll be able to offer.
Amazon says november 30?
Placeholder?

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Platform warring; numerous prior bans for platform warring and trolling.
Could be yields problem

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

It started yesterday, they revealed this tuesday.
No clue about other LATAM countries, but the situation looks a little messy indeed.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
It started yesterday, they revealed this tuesday.
No clue about other LATAM countries, but the situation looks a little messy indeed.
Pre order has started, but no release date has been announced. Retaliers are showing a "tentative" date of November 30th, and Microsoft says "November", but are not commiting to a firm date.

OP
OP
Xpider_MX

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México
It is really weird because in countries like México, Xbox is selling more than Playstation, and in countries like Spain, where Playstation is the king (Xbox sales has been really poor) the pre-order did happen the same day than the rest of the world.

There are a lot of angry gamers in México. Why to lose users in a country where your consoles are selling very well?

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Support from LATAM has always been a joke, not only from MS, but Sony and Nintendo, even if MS is the best of the three.

I preordered mine from amazon US, no way I'm sitting here and wait for a delay and/or an absurd price.

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
Weird. Maybe they're moving those units to the US?

A friend preordered yesterday in Brazil from Amazon, but the expected date to ship is December 15.
The expected date for me is November 30th, but Microsoft has said it is just a placeholder and it should be released sooner than that.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's your theory on what's going on and do you think it's fair to their customers in LATAM.
I dont have one. Maybe they are focused on getting capacity to areas where they can sell cheaper. This happens every gen. For example Japan didnt get PS4 until Feb 2014 because Sony wanted the capacity elsewhere.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
I dont have one. Maybe they are focused on getting capacity to areas where they can sell cheaper. This happens every gen. For example Japan didnt get PS4 until Feb 2014 because Sony wanted the capacity elsewhere.

But that was known ahead of time. This appears to be influx and affecting people that already have preorders.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But that was known ahead of time. This appears to be influx and affecting people that already have preorders.
Were those official preorders? They were not listed:

news.xbox.com

Pre-Order Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Starting Tuesday, September 22 - Xbox Wire

[Editor’s Note, 9/21 at 4PM: Beginning at 8AM on September 22, you’ll be able to pre-order Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S online at the retailers listed below. Please check their sites for exact timing.] On November 10, a new generation of console gaming begins. Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S...

ultimately you cannot blame them for retailers taking preorders for a product they dont have stock availability for. They have said its coming in November

Oct 27, 2017
My only possible explanation is that they probably had more demand than expected from more important markets and shuffled units there.

That or whatever team that is handling LATAM is incompetent.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It would be good to know, here in Argentina they presold the PS5 yesterday and it sold out (2000 units), but I'm sure the Xbox will sell well with the regional pricing. A major local retailer did put up an ad for the Xbox saying coming soon though

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
It would be good to know, here in Argentina they presold the PS5 yesterday and it sold out (2000 units), but I'm sure the Xbox will sell well with the regional pricing. A major local retailer did put up an ad for the Xbox saying coming soon though

This leaves me perplexed given the current situation Argentina is in.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
you would think the S would be tailor made for these markets. then again maybe even they will prefer the x.

but yeah supposedly these are strong relative markets for xbox, would be dumb of them to be lackadaisical about them and endanger that.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
The pre-orders only started yesterday here in Brazil, and Amazon says that they'll start sending the packages at november 30th.
Xbox says that we'll get news about the release date at the end of november.

They should've delayed the pre-order announcement to avoid a situation like the one happening at another LATAM contries.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
This leaves me perplexed given the current situation Argentina is in.

Well the price wasn't that bad, and the installment plans help, I myself bought a Physical edition but the digital one sold out really, really quickly. But yes, the Xbox is probably going to do better, I've seen lots of people saying that due to the economic situation they'll go Xbox + Gamepass this gen

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

What major retailer? I only found some kind of add in CDmarket, but after being on the phone with them, I was told very clearly they do not know whether or not the'll be part of the pre-order.

I also spoke with Musimundo, Garbarino, Fravega and Compumundo (who did the One X) preorder and they still have no clue about it.

If you could kindly direct me towards the add, since it might be the best hint towards the preorder (if there is one at all). Did not know about the 2000 units, seems low stock for PS5, but understandable given the economic climate in our country.