• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Thought it would be showcasing a lot more than Halo, tbh. That's the failing franchise. There's an army of RPGs ready to make Halo look like the stunted runt of the first party litter.

Then there's Arkane. Just do a commercial with the Arkane logo, then Xbox and leave it at that.

Oct 27, 2017
Thought it would be showcasing a lot more than Halo, tbh. That's the failing franchise. There's an army of RPGs ready to make Halo look like the stunted runt of the first party litter.

Then there's Arkane. Just do a commercial with the Arkane logo, then Xbox and leave it at that.
Halo had to be in the commercial as when you see master chief, you know it's Xbox.

I thought it was a really well done commercial.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Its a really good commercial. Very sony esque.

I just wished they showed more games in it.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I liked the music. These live action ads for games and consoles always tend to get a shoulder shrug from me, because I'm just left saying... yep, stuff sure happened there. This one was no different.

It was slick and didn't make me cringe at any point so... success?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
Love this, got chills seeing the gamer stand up as Chief.

Then end was mwahhh *chef kiss*.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
That's a cool fucking trailer! 😊
You don't always have to show games/gameplay (like some are craving).

Sony doesn't always do it either, and they've done pretty good, I'd say...

I liked it!

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
That was very visually interesting and although fun to watch, I felt it was a terrible Gaming Hardware trailer as it didn't showcase anything tangible

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baby being shot out the window during birth, develop into an old man through its flight and land into its grave is still one of the most profound, thought provoking game ad ive seen.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
That is one spectacular commercial. Don't think it needed the voiceover at the end though. I wonder how often it'll air in its 60 second version. Good stuff.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Watching the advert and just realised that the Series X will be in people's hands and homes in under a month, have we seen any next gen footage running on actual Series X hardware yet?

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Is this from a game we know about or have I missed something?

RJf8iEh.png

Also curious as to what game that futuristic looking city is going to be from, I noticed when he got to the top the mountain that the girl was standing on looked similar to the structures we've seen in Halo Infinite.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017

RJf8iEh.png

Also curious as to what game that futuristic looking city is going to be from, I noticed when he got to the top the mountain that the girl was standing on looked similar to the structures we've seen in Halo Infinite.

it's giving me Scorn/Prometheus vibes.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary

RJf8iEh.png

Something Halo related maybe, but we dont know yet.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

RJf8iEh.png

I assumed it was just generic "epic" imagery

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
I could see someone simply not liking the ad...but 'appalling'? Really?
Everyone has there own thresholds. It was so far from a gaming ad that if it wasn't for MC being their you'd have no idea what it was about until the text at the end that had to explain it to you.

Lol, what an appalling take. It's an ad designed to inform you that an new Xbox is coming out and create a sense of awe and intrigue.
I didn't feel awe at all, it was messy. The guy wasn't even gaming really.