• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, honestly the fan noise is a bit of a bummer. I guess that's due to the design being such that you don't actually set a temperature on the thing... It just runs.

Saw a 'real' mini fridge at Costco today for $79. Maybe I should have just bought that lol.

Might try to sell this off to someone locally for like half price.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I want one now that I know the fan is loud. my office isn't too big so that fan may be really annoying

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like a bust. I ordered for my office, but it's still in the shipping box and is trending toward a return to Target. Oh well.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
I can't seriously believe people didn't know what this was gonna be. I had a novelty mini fridge in the shape of a Coke can in my room as a kid and it was noisy. This looked like it would be exactly the same kind of design when they unveiled it.

But "yikes", "oof" etc etc

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I got on from Target this morning. Should I cancel or scalp it? (This is a real question laced with a joke.)

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up cancelling kine. I'm not scalping it and I really don't need it.

Plus now I don't give more money to Game.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I can't seriously believe people didn't know what this was gonna be. I had a novelty mini fridge in the shape of a Coke can in my room as a kid and it was noisy. This looked like it would be exactly the same kind of design when they unveiled it.

But "yikes", "oof" etc etc
Yeah these little units are thermoelectric. The fan on my Sobro smart side table is a little noisy at times also, it is just a trade off for not having the weight / energy usage of a full refrigeration system.

We have a Sprite pop machine shaped one here too, but it isn't even plugged in, not very useful/efficient and my endtable already has one.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Anyone seen these in the wild around Tacoma / Seattle WA areas ?

Will they even show up online as being in stock, or is it a walk in and get lucky type of thing ?

Trying to snag one for my son before Xmas.

vermadas

Oct 25, 2017
Against my better judgement, I decided to keep mine despite it being loud AF. Well, this morning the unit has developed a rattle to accompany the constant blow dryer noise.

At least it happened well under warranty...

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
I haven't looked at mine to see but I wonder if the fan could be replaced with a high quality ultra quiet PC fan.

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
Just found 2, bought 1, at my local Target and several in the area said they had stock. The Target app/website said it was in a different aisle than I found it in - if anyone's store says they have stock and don't see it right away, look in the game misc/clearance aisles.

Not sure if true - but I read on reddit that a "revised" version is now out, that has an on/off and eco switch. Mine has the eco switch, not sure if that's bad information or not, hopefully means it doesn't run constantly/isn't as loud. Turning it on now "on" is quite loud and "eco" is about 1/2 volume.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just found 2, bought 1, at my local Target and several in the area said they had stock. The Target app/website said it was in a different aisle than I found it in - if anyone's store says they have stock and don't see it right away, look in the game misc/clearance aisles.

Not sure if true - but I read on reddit that a "revised" version is now out, that has an on/off and eco switch. Mine has the eco switch, not sure if that's bad information or not, hopefully means it doesn't run constantly/isn't as loud. Turning it on now "on" is quite loud and "eco" is about 1/2 volume.
Nm

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will never buy a cheap fridge like these again. I had a sprite one, and the wires shorted or something and it switched to heating mode (I noticed a burning plastic smell, tore it apart and the screws and everything were rusted to hell after only a short time too) and it could have burned my house down. I really only had it for like two or three months. I just had it for sodas in my game room, not worth the risk with cheap electrical components and they're incredibly inefficient.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
In case anyone here's in the San Francisco Bay Area, I just picked up an Xbox Series X Replica Mini Fridge from the Fashion Island Target in San Mateo. They had 4 when I arrived, and they were stacked beside the register counter in the electronics section. I commented to the person ringing up my purchase that I thought it was really odd that the other Targets in the area were out but they happened to have 4, and he was just like, "Nobody's buying them." Stock disappeared pretty quickly yesterday from the various stores near me, and I apparently missed out on the ones they had at the Target in Colma that day.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I just got one as a gift.
Don't think I would have bought this for myself as I'm reading about the fan and the fear of it burning down my house.
Anyone here who has this do you keep it running 24/7?

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I just got one as a gift.
Don't think I would have bought this for myself as I'm reading about the fan and the fear of it burning down my house.
Anyone here who has this do you keep it running 24/7?
Picked one up before the holidays - definitely a bit loud, but honestly I just have it on in my home office where most of the time I have some sort of video/audio going so it isn't a huge deal.

I think it was worth the price, but I am definitely in their target audience of Xbox fan and what not.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Taking mine back to Target today. Fan froze and it was just loud as all heck. The novelty isn't worth the noise.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I received mine, but I haven't plugged it in. I can't find a great place and don't want my house to burn down. It's currently an enormous paperweight, but I don't plan to return it.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I received mine, but I haven't plugged it in. I can't find a great place and don't want my house to burn down. It's currently an enormous paperweight, but I don't plan to return it.
I had mine set up at work in my office, and when I walked in yesterday morning to a loud rattling and water on the counter too it was sitting on, my heart broke.

It was a nice month with it. Target CS person was even genuinely sad it was broken. 😅

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I'm only using mine on weekends. No way I'm leaving that on 24/7. Do love having a fridge in my game room now.
🍺

Last edited:

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Don't do it.

Not worth it. Maybe worth $30 for the novelty. Loud as all heck and it doesn't work well.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
So, mine started icing up a lot on the top which starts hitting the fan, causing it to grind heh.

I'm curious if replacing the fan would help?
Same thing happened to mine. I took everything out, unplugged it, and put a bowl in there to let it defrost. It was fine after that, so I assume I'll have to do that every 4 months or so. No idea if replacing the fan would prevent the issue.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Same thing happened to mine. I took everything out, unplugged it, and put a bowl in there to let it defrost. It was fine after that, so I assume I'll have to do that every 4 months or so. No idea if replacing the fan would prevent the issue.

Y'all leaving it on all the time? How's that working out? ☺️

I was hesitant as they say don't use it for too long.