• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Now when we can pre order this beast? I have over $700 worth of gift cards in my Amazon account.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Come on guys, it likely means right before Thanksgiving. Not literally on Thanksgiving day.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox 360 came out 11/22, two days before Thanksgiving. I'm guessing this will be similar. Launching on Black Friday would be rough.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off topic but I just got thinking of this with the release date, but if MS releases a Series X Bundle with Halo Infinite and that code for Infinite is a Play Anywhere code, then this is a day 1 for me.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's the 'week of' Thanksgiving, probably starting the weekend prior or that Tuesday.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
This is likely a typo (as far as the exact date, its obviously holidays 2020).

Its saying Dec 2020 on the US website apparently.

Mods need to edit that title before more heart attacks lol
Nah, US site says Thanksgiving now

I doubt that's literal because launching a console on Thanksgiving day, or even Black Friday, would be absolute chaos. They're probably using Thanksgiving 2020 as another way of saying Holiday 2020. Week before makes more sense.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
ETac00tU4AAtpGr

The superior Thanksgiving /s

Let me in on that pre-order.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Finally getting this and booting it up for the first time will be magical, held off on the One X, still on the OG Xbox One, can't imagine the jump in visuals

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Microsoft will launch literally on Thanksgiving (don't forget, this is the Indian version of the website), but I think we can pencil in "late November 2020" as the release date.

As I've said elsewhere, Microsoft is using power, not exclusives, to sell this console, so they won't be as affected by COVID-19 causing software delays compared to Sony. The hardware supply chain should hopefully be back to normal by the summer (assuming a second COVID-19 flare up doesn't happen in China).

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Thanksgiving day would be insane, I'm guessing the Tuesday or Friday before

maybe for pre orders then hold stock til Black Friday / thanksgiving day

Trevelyon

Oct 30, 2017
Slightly off topic but I just got thinking of this with the release date, but if MS releases a Series X Bundle with Halo Infinite and that code for Infinite is a Play Anywhere code, then this is a day 1 for me.

They are extremely forwarding thinking at this point, this wouldn't surprise me at all. Customers will definitely have a wide variety of options I think when it comes to Infinite.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I kinda doubt it with corona v fucking everything up but here's hoping!

Jan 29, 2018
I read that as "Thanksgiving holiday season". It never occurred to me until this thread that it would actually launch on Thanksgiving Day.

I bet it's the Friday before.