• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
There is no way this wasn't created as a counter to negative press from Halo's delay. There is zero reason to announce it is coming in November. They already said holiday. We all know that means November and that they wouldn't release after Thanksgiving.

Please just announce a specific date. My guess is they are also feeling pressure from the Xbox Series S branding leaking out with the controller. Hopefully they will reveal prices, and launch dates soon.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Having the launch be carried by cross gen multiplats and backwards compatibility might not be the worst thing ever, but they haven't shown off many XSX upgrades.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Going to wait a year to get these consoles. I don't care for Spiderman and Halo is pushed to 2021. Gamepass on the One is good enough for the next year.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
really hope cyberpunk 2077 doesnt come to gamepass because i have already preordered D:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
EfKW9CGUcAA2qOy.jpg

Frankly an embarrassing marketing attempt...
Well what do you want them to say?

It's a valid marketing point, especially when those back compat games are enhanced too.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Why even put out this blog post without providing date and price. It was pretty obvious it was slated for November
To get in front of the halo delay and confirm that's the series X is still on track despite it's biggest game not being? It's the right move since saying nothing will make people wonder.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Weird way to announce this but at least it's confirmed that it will be this year, that's good. I'm eyeing the Series S, let's see if it arrives this year too.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
I need series x just due to the loading times. Also I didn't get a first party game when the xbox one launched anyway

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Nvm, guess they are not delaying it. It's basically a 3rd party machine for launch though. It's why I'm waiting to get one.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sucks not having your big game but lets not kid ourselves, it's 3rd party time big hitters, Cyberpunk, COD, maybe Suicide Squad etc. It won't be a bad launch on either console in that regard and a few extra titles here and there but Spiderman for PS5 will be very cool.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Lol keep on being vague. Watch Sony tomorrow announcing PS5 also for November. Let's at least circle in the month, the exact date and price follow in late October.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No price or specific date, huh? I guess they had to put something out to try and take attention away from the delay (which is good news as far as I'm concerned).

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I definitely see them trying to get a big third party game like Ragnarok or Cyberpunk on Gamepass day one now that Halo Infinite is missing it's launch and there won't be a big AAA Gamepass game to showcase the system. Or more realistically, Yakuza 7 and various other AA-AAA games that aren't as big

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Halo clearly wasn't ready, going by what we saw of it. I doubt that was anticipated but MS couldn't delay the system with the PS5 launching.

This is going to be painful for them if Sony has Software ready.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really really surprised Microsoft didn't get some kind of Cyber Punk deal.

They made an entire limited edition console around the game.

Quite frankly I don't understand Microsoft's strategy with this launch.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Everybody talking about not needing an XSX on launch day not knowing cyberpunk is a next gen game

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I was presuming November, so this doesn't really narrow it down.

I've had a crap year, and due to various things a Series X is slated for my Christmas present from my wife. I need something to look forwards to on that day, so *when* in November doesn't really effect me to be honest, but I'm glad there's confirmation that it'll be out prior to then despite everything else.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No reason to get it at launch without Halo. 5+ years of development on the game.

This destroys there launch as there's really nothing else. They're in trouble.
Launches aren't good gauges of long term console success. XSX will likely sell out this fall. Wii U had a great launch. Ya'll make it really difficult to take some of your posts seriously.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I'm really really surprised Microsoft didn't get some kind of Cyber Punk deal.

They made an entire limited edition console around the game.

Quite frankly I don't understand Microsoft's strategy with this launch.
This wasn't their strategy? Things change and you have to pivot. I don't get this post at all.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Having a games library that stretches back to 2001 is embarrassing?

How did you come to this conclusion?
The prominent reason to buy a new console is to play new games. They delay Halo and then make a blog post talking about playing old games better. It's not that playing old games better is bad (it's a great feature to have) but it's a poor substitute.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
yep. thats why i hope MS goes to CD Projekt and makes sure they get the xsx patch out at launch. That game is going to be the biggest game of the year after CoD. It needs to be played on PC settings with all those rtx features, not upscaled console settings.
I'm sure the next gen patch being later has nothing to do with money and more to do with manpower. The entire team is probably in full crunch just getting the current gen versions and the PC version out on time. There are somethings that throwing around money can't solve and I suspect this is one of them. You are right though that it would go a long way if they were to be able to do that.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
This is really bad for people wanting to buy a ps5 at launch. The scalpers will have a field day, competition is good.