• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
news.xbox.com

Xbox Series X Launches this November with Thousands of Games Spanning Four Generations - Xbox Wire

Today, we announced updates to Halo Infinite’s launch timing. Our vision at Xbox and 343 Industries has always been to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever for our fans, while also balancing the team’s well-being. To do that, we will need some more time to finish the critical work...

There will be thousands of games to play, spanning four generations, when Xbox Series X launches globally this November and over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
The Launch and Halo delay is nuts. I mean... outside of fidelity and a boost on performance, maybe we don't need that new console this year.

I will still pick one up.. I'm just shocked.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
It is a bummer about Halo. I don't buy a new system to play the last four generations games though.. I buy it to play the newest generation games. I'll still get it close to launch I'm sure but I'm not sure what I will be playing haha.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
They need more at launch now that Halo is gone. Medium is a good step. Fasttrack MSFS's port or something. Because I'm a massive Xbox fan and I'm having cold feet not buying with Halo. How is the average consumer supposed to react?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
EfKW9CGUcAA2qOy.jpg

Frankly an embarrassing marketing attempt...

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Our back compat team continues to develop new innovations that can be applied to a curated list of titles that will enhance them even further than was possible when they were originally created. These optimizations include the ability to render titles with increased resolutions up to 4K, delivering new HDR reconstruction techniques to games that were developed years before HDR came into existence, applying anisotropic filtering to improve image quality, and creating ways to increase or double the frame rate of certain titles.

I really want more details on this, like what games get the frame rate doubling.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
Sony to announce November launch tomorrow lol and then we wait again for someone to give a precise date

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While delaying Halo is probably the right call for the game, it does mean that the Series X is going to be a lame duck at launch. Kinda surprised Microsoft is pushing ahead with the launch, given that it's missing the big game that they would have launched alongside it.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
No Halo has me seriously questioning why I should buy this at launch. I was all in for day one up until now, but without that I don't really see the point.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Bruv. This year sucks. Sorry that Microsoft had to cripple their launch plans. Console launches should be celebrations.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
It will sell out no matter what the line-up looks like, but yeah this could be one sad launch

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
No reason to get it at launch without Halo. 5+ years of development on the game.

This destroys there launch as there's really nothing else. They're in trouble.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
No halo?

Christ. The console needed that one. Badly.

This thing is fumbling and tripping even before it hits the gates.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Eeeish. I don't envy the people that have/had to figure out a way of making what's seemingly a launch without a first party game sound good.

"thousand of games spanning four generations" is a valiant attempt

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Lovely to get that confirmation, even if already expected. Really looking forward to hearing the price.