• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Day one?

• Yeah

Votes: 1,088 47.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 1,212 52.7%

• Total voters

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
$379/$599 cad is music to my ears. Dollar to dollar conversion, we save $15/90 cad off the US prices, which is pretty solid. The series S actually costs the same as a one S does today.

Ill be happy with whichever one I can find on store shelves a few weeks after launch since I don't have a 4K tv anyway. Great pricing up here in the great white north.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
$25 a month for a next generation console, Xbox Live Gold, Game Pass for PC, Game Pass for console and EA Play is a really fantastic deal.

I really don't think anyone can fault Microsoft's strategy. They're doing everything right, from hardware, to backwards compatibility, Game Pass, investment in first party and crucially pricing.

Whether it will be enough I'm not sure but they haven't nailed their product offering this well since the Xbox 360.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
Ready to pre-order on the 22nd. I hope that I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night just to get one!

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
cheaper than i thought, nice.

No more $1000 console launch like the ps3 lol.

Guess this means ps5 will be around the same price. Happy to pay this much.
Can you guys explain the USD to AUD conversation rate being lower than this retail cost? Does Australia have a VAT like tax built into retail prices?

Jun 20, 2018
Series X will be my first launch day console since the Wii! Admittedly I'll be playing Xbox One games on it, but I spent most of the early Wii days playing Virtual Console games too.

I know their exclusives won't be able to match Sony in terms of quantity, but they've not really put a foot wrong here. Two great machines, both at very good prices, and Gamepass deserves to sell a lot of consoles for them.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Hope all access Will be available in Sweden.

It will be, Sweden at Elgiganten

news.xbox.com

Xbox All Access Expands to 12 Countries this Holiday, Jump into Next-Gen Gaming starting at $24.99 a Month - Xbox Wire

At Xbox, we’re passionate about giving you, the player, even more choice in how to jump into the next generation of gaming. Whether you’re upgrading to the newest consoles or joining the Xbox family for the first time, with Xbox All Access, you can get everything you need to play — an Xbox...

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, this time microsoft nailed it! Awesome prices for both consoles

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Series X will be the first time I've ever purchased a console on a launch day - really excited about it.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I wish I didn't have such a hard time deciding between the XsX and XsS. Both have amazing prices. Let's hope Sony doesn't let down in this department either.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
It will be, Sweden at Elgiganten

news.xbox.com

Xbox All Access Expands to 12 Countries this Holiday, Jump into Next-Gen Gaming starting at $24.99 a Month - Xbox Wire

At Xbox, we’re passionate about giving you, the player, even more choice in how to jump into the next generation of gaming. Whether you’re upgrading to the newest consoles or joining the Xbox family for the first time, with Xbox All Access, you can get everything you need to play — an Xbox...

Anyone know what the all-access prices are for Canada?

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
I see. It's a really good deal considering 0 interests plus 20$ save on GPU but... that's GPU at standard, month to month price. We all know that nobody subscribes at that price, monthly... still it's quite interesting for people that live on a month to month basis and wanna jump on this from launch and it's good that they expanded All Access to more countries (not mine anyway lol).

There'll be a lot more costumers on the monthly subscription than you would realise. Forums like here aren't representative of your average consumer, and a monthly fee is the default payment method for the service. Most aren't stalking CDKeys for a price drop on an annual subscription.

A flat $25/$35 for your hardware and all the games you could ever want to play on console, PC and mobile is really appealing to a large market segment.

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Can you guys explain the USD to AUD conversation rate being lower than this retail cost? Does Australia have a VAT like tax built into retail prices?

Australian prices include their GST (goods and services tax), similar to the European way of doing things. In Canada and the US, the price is before taxes.

It seems that after accounting for taxes and exchange rates, most regions are getting better prices than the US, which is great news in the context of a high USD.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
As always... LatAm (Colombia) is fucked with currency devaluation and taxes... :/

Series S: 1.5m COP ~ 400USD
Series X: 2.5m COP ~ 667USD

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I don't want to brag but I've said that it'll probably be around £450 for a while now.

4ecpcs.jpg

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
So the One S is going for around $170-200 on eBay right now. I might sell mine and get the Series S for $100 because that's really tempting.

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
As always... LatAm (Colombia) is fucked with currency devaluation and taxes... :/

Series S: 1.5m COP ~ 400USD
Series X: 2.5m COP ~ 667USD

God damn. Prices seem to actually be lower in Europe and Canada (after accounting for VAT) than the US this time though. Does Colombia have high import taxes on top of your VAT? Like Brazil?

Oct 28, 2017
Global launch still includes Japan right? No price yet, and not in All Access rollout. The last related thing the Xbox JP tweeted was just a retweet of the puppet meme

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Australian prices include their GST (goods and services tax), similar to the European way of doing things. In Canada and the US, the price is before taxes.

It seems that after accounting for taxes and exchange rates, most regions are getting better prices than the US, which is great news in the context of a high USD.
I thought so. Is the GST the same across the country? Canada has different tax rates in every province.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I don't want to brag but I've said that it'll probably be around £450 for a while now.

4ecpcs.jpg
$499 was the "dead on arrival" line in the sand. That's the price point where we make fun of it in 2020 like we do with the PS3 60GB. I was surprised when people thought that Microsoft would actually go above the DOA line.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
£450 (UK) is a very good price for an X. Tempted just to bite the bullet and get it at launch, but I like the S too......and the price.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I'm leaning towards preordering since console launches only come every so often but I'm still struggling with what will be new for me to play on this that I can't with my One X (or PS4/5). I hope we get specifics on Yakuza and even enhanced BC.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Finally :D. Nice to see confirmation, and that 2 week difference between now and the preorder date is nice of them to do so there's a bit of time to sit down and get ready for the preorder.

Man Microsoft is definitely coming out swinging. If this thing had launched with Halo Infinite I can only imagine what would've happened. Really nice to see them being so aggressive like this.