• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Day one?

• Yeah

Votes: 1,088 47.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 1,212 52.7%

• Total voters

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Not sure why anyone even entertained the idea of it being more than $499.

It was always going to be that ..max.

It'll be interesting to see what Sony will do with pricing.
$399 digital and $499 disc based seems the most obvious.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Why are people expecting Sony to undercut this price? They're going to win even of they're more expensive, so why would they go under Xbox prices and take losses when they have no need to?

Because the xbox is more powerful and they are offering more for the price with the all access deal. Sony is going to be selling inferior hardware and give you less value without access plans, pricing the same as this or higher would be suicide in many territories.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great pricing, im there for the series x and ps5 on day one. Just found out im not working the 22nd, so i dont need to take off. Im gonna go to gamestop today though and trade in my one x

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to signup for All Access when preordering? I was originally going to get the PS5 first, but for $20 more a month than I'm currently spending on Gamepass Ultimate, I'm strongly considering using the All Access Route.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
AC Valhalla and Dirt 5 now at launch, with CoD and Yakuza 7 a few days later. Very happy with that launch lineup, any other stuff like The Medium or Hellblade 2 will be a bonus.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff! I'll be skipping the Series X at least for a few years as I plan to go PC/PS5 for now, but this is a really exciting package. Hope to see some great exclusives for Xbox in a few years.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Seeing as Pre-Orders open on Sept 22nd for Xbox, this surely has to mean that Sony will announce their price within the next week and open up pre-orders at a similar time.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But I thought they were waiting so long because the prices are going to too high!

/s

Wonder why the delay in starting preorders though.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
The price is exactly where I thought it would be which begs the question. Why the pricing standoff if the prices are going to fall in line with majority predictions?

I feel there is a possibility ps5 disc edition surpasses this $500 now, I want sure earlier but I feel pretty confident now.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The price is exactly where I thought it would be which begs the question. Why the pricing standoff if the prices are going to fall in line with majority predictions?

I feel there is a possibility ps5 disc edition surpasses this $500 now, I want sure earlier but I feel pretty confident now.
I don't think it was a price standoff. I think it was a "are they still releasing this year" standoff.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
£449!!!!

I had budgeted £600. Sweet. Gonna get the XSX

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017

I still think ps5 will be 549/599

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I put day one but I don't know how All Access day one would work.
Hopefully we'll get more info.
Also glad I saved Gears 5 for next gen.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Damn Sony haa been chicken shit this launch run-up. Does not reek of confidence like MS which is weird considering this past gen. Put out some damn information.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
In my fucking veins.

I wonder how much trade in the One X will be at gamestop.

I dont like selling on FB with a console lol

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
So crazy to see what 499$/€ can get you. Quite funny, if you put it into perspective with the Xbox One launch price.

I still think ps5 will be 549/599

Absolutely no way. 599 would be the repeat of the PS3 disaster and that's never gonna happen.

If they need to, they will sell at a loss, because they can make up for it with their strong software output.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm glad that one of the console manufacturers have finished announcing all of their launch details. Now if only Sony did the same.

Definitely sticking to PS5 again since I already have Game Pass Ultimate and a solid PC.