• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
I love the PS5s design mainly because it goes away from the relatively conservative designs of recent history.

As far as handhelds go, I love the Vita and DS lite the most

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
I actually think it's hilariously underwhelming in person but I like that about it but hard to get excited about. With the giant black circle on the XSS I do not understand the love it's getting. PS5 is bizarre and not in a good way. First PS3 slim is a beaut and so is the Scorpio as far as recent systems go.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Mods need to change the title to Xbox Series X is the best looking console of all time*

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Black and bright vibrant green is beautiful.

I'd definitely place XSX in the Top 7.

1. Mega Drive
2. Mega CD
3. GameCube
4. Saturn (JP white)
5. TurboDuo
6. Sega Mark III
7. XSX

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
PS2 Slim is the GOAT. To miniaturize the console that greatly, into such a sleek little machine.

I even had the screen attachment.

The S would definitely be up there if the black disc was white as well.
What a fumble at the goal that was. In all white it's reached absolute perfection. The black grille takes away so much.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
PS2 Slim is the GOAT. To miniaturize the console that greatly, into such a sleek little machine.

I even had the screen attachment.

What a fumble at the goal that was. In all white it's reached absolute perfection. The black grille takes away so much.
The only reason I put the One X over the PS2 slim is because the PS2 slim was still the same console as the OG PS2. MS found a way to make the One X SMALLER than the One S but increasing its power by like 3x. Insane engineering.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
The only reason I put the One X over the PS2 slim is because the PS2 slim was still the same console as the OG PS2. MS found a way to make the One X SMALLER than the One S but increasing its power by like 3x. Insane engineering.
That's fair. Very impressive feat.

Also stands to make you wonder why the One S never got the PS2 Slim treatment. Surely they could've shrunken that thing down into a significantly smaller footprint.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I like the looks, but am more impressed with the complete absence is sound coming from it.

It has to be the quietest non cartridge console of all time.

braisbr1

Oct 4, 2019
After having the console for 1 day I can honestly say that this may be the best designed console I have seen. It looks so stylish and modern yet very clean and elegant with a less is more approach.

The PSOne and NGC were in my top but the Series X is in another level.
I'll have to agree with you OP :D

The GameCube still has a special place in my heart, but Series X is definitely a looker.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Hmmm...... nope. It look nice to be honest, but the GOAT is still the OG PS2.
From the packaging design and the first time you saw the blue light when you turn on the console is just....magic😍😍

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Really? I have a Series X and while the way it looks has grown on me, it's pretty boring design wise. There's really nothing to it that would make it the best looking console of all time. It's just a box. I wish they had put so more flair/texture on the sides and front because just all matte black everywhere makes it look a little plain.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
I do dig the series x aesthetic but I gotta say, my glacier white PS4 Pro is probably my favorite

Mistermetz

Jun 17, 2018
No way, it looks like a giant black fridge (without a door) and even my cheap ass Samsung fridge looks nicer than the Xbox Series X. So even if you're into fridges I think the Xbox Series X loses.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
OP needs to consult an optometrist at their earliest possible convenience. lol.

It's OG PS2 and it's not even close. Though MS got close with white 1S.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'd have to think more on my fav of all time, but of the now 'current gen', I like it the most. I ended up thinking pre-release that I'd like the PS5 the most, but man.... that is not an attractive console in person. But I currently have to keep it horizontally, and I feel like it definitely looks better vertically, so maybe that's playing a part.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
It in the top three best looking black boxes. After the monolith from 2001 and the Masjid al-Haram.

Oct 29, 2017
Beautiful, sleek and elegant.

5fc0fd69-c092-435c-a6tjjzw.jpg

It's this. The Series X looks great though and the Series S is even better.

SystemBug

Oct 25, 2017
I love it. Yeah it's a simple shape, but it's doing enough within the smaller details to make it unique. The finish on it is great. The way it absorbs and diffuses light. It looks great on my desk.

ReggieBC

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the S design more. Decent system for 1080p gaming as well.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The original black PS2 has that Bang&Olufsen scandinavian design vibe to it. It's timeless and genuinely nice to look at. I personally think it's the only console I would ever willingly have on display in my living room. I can't stand the look of consoles otherwise, so I always hide them away somewhere. I fear that's not gonna be easy with the next generation machines.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
I loved the ps5 in pictures. I opened the box, pulled it out and said "no fucking way" I had to adjust my cabinet to hide it lol. So I would feather just have a boring black box at this point

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely prefer the look of the XSX over the PS5, but my number one complaint with the Xbox Series X is that fact that no one working in hardware at Microsoft apparently had even the slightest bit of trypophobia, arrghhhh. It doesn't bother me excessively (I think the illuminating green light helps), but yeah. I felt uncomfortable from time to time watching some reviews for the console, I don't know what I'll do when I eventually get one, lol.

Despite a lot of nostalgia for Sony and Nintendo consoles, my favorite looking consoles are the Xbox One S and X. Sleek, classy, and not too intrusive.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
It is.
An italian industry designer recently made a video explaining why it is such an exceptional design and comes to the same conclusion; it's the best designed console ever.

Now, if they could get it to perform as advertised :P

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
It's good. Design wise though I like the series S more. I'm just happy we're starting to get systems that don't look like toys.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still very fond of this little cutie

Sony-PSone-Console-FL.jpg
Yeah that's my idea of a nice looking console too. "Famicon" also.

Then again, they aren't toys any more, they are expensive, high end PC towers compressed into the living room.

With that in mind I think all the new consoles look decent, and neither anything particularly special.