• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
S is much better.

Xbox-Series-S-Digital-Edition
The S would definitely be up there if the black disc was white as well.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I like the OG xbox 360 and gamecube designs, series x is just a black box prefer the one x over it.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
It would be if it weren't for the Series S. I can't get over how simplistic and s m o l that thing is and I love it.

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017
I prefer minimalist and clean designs over ostentatious and edgy. So yes, I agree.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
The Series X look has grown on me, so I appreciate how clean it looks. But I wouldn't call it the best ever; anything looks good compared to the abomination that is the PS5

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
Hell no, thing is UGLY, better looking then the ps5? absolutely but that's not really much of an of achievement. Its not even Xbox's best looking console which is still the Xbox One X

ReggieBC

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally a box lol. Plus it looks weird on it's side. But each to their own.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I will die on this hill.

PlayStation-2-Slim-White

Followed closely by:

PS2-Fat-Console-Set.jpg

Anything and everything else is a distant third, and I say that as someone who preferred both the Xbox and GCN that gen.

Friendly reminder, the original PlayStation 2 seen there in the second pic was designed more than twenty years ago. TWO DECADES and if it came out today - sans wire on the controller - nobody would bat an eye. Thing is peak video game design. It looks technologically advanced, it fits into an entertainment system, it begs to be used - it still looks like a video game console - it's clean it's modern it can look great horizontal or vertical - the blue motif is used perfectly - the font is better than what we have today - and the ridges keep a design element from the original PSX. Thing is just incredible.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's not even the best looking console MS have out this generation heh

That said, it looks a lot better than the PS5, which is one hell of a console, but also one beefy looking ugly bastard

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
It looks cool standing up, but I have to have it sideways in our entertainment center and it looks really dumb like this lol but oh well.

Jovo

Oct 25, 2017
A mini fridge is the best looking console of all time?

What a world we live in

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Zune, Surface etc - MS hardware design group has certainly come a long way and has been pretty good for a while.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Nah fam, PS2 slim (especially in Silver) is.

Beautiful, sleek and elegant.

5fc0fd69-c092-435c-a6tjjzw.jpg
Man, that's an ugly console.

OT: I think it is the S over the X. They are #1 and #2 for best console design ever IMO. The One X and the One S are just as good too. MSFT did a fantastic job of designing both consoles. I am surprised that they were able to deliver two killer designs.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Of the two, Series S looks far better imo. I want a Series S but with X's internals, and I'd buy it right away.

OG PS4 forever though. OG PS2 is good, but PS4 is so slick.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
It's not even the best looking Xbox.

71-Tv-JQs7bw-L-SL1500.jpg

I feel like the XSX doesn't fully commit to the brutalism, so it's just kinda boring.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
I disagree. I find it so totally boring. My least favorite design of all time. The insides are spectacular. The outside is just boring beyond belief.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I like it a lot more in person and it's definitely growing on me. Although I think I liked the One X a little more but there something appealing about the big black obelisk of fun

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I like it a lot more in person and it's definitely growing on me. Although I think I liked the One X a little more but there something appealing about the big black obelisk of fun