• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Also want to know if it supports dolby vision for uhd blurays. I just sold my lg player (surprisingly fast, too fast for my liking lol).
Pretty sure I saw this confirmed somewhere. No idea where, though.
Looking forward to see

November 12.
19th for media outlets in EU. :P
From Ars

IMG_1134-e1600807950220-1440x882.jpg

20200922_105820-1440x1920.jpg
That actually makes it look smaller than I thought.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The first thing I want to know from these previews: how loud/quiet is it? Given MS' track record with making quiet consoles this last gen, I'm hoping to see that continue with the X/S.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
it's punishment for that horrible router placement. and I say that as a ars pro++ member!

literal lol. fair. I'm working with unfortunate limitations in terms of guaranteeing wired connections to my consoles/PCs, plus managing limited power outlets and a single cable Internet cord in my apartment. in a fairer world, Ars Pro++ would move me on up in terms of what I can afford to rent. ah well.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
The XSX looked better in the mock-ups, but in that Ars pic, it honestly looks quite dreadful, sorry to say. Don't know how much better (if at all) the PS5 will look in a cabinet, but I'm dreading it as well.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is the PS4 Pro really that deep (hanging off the edge of the shelf) or is it perhaps just poor placement there?

the cable snarl of PSVR doesn't help—especially since I have the older PSVR model, so I have to unhook and rehook the whole damned thing when I'm not using VR to enable HDR. (remind me to never post photos of my entertainment center again.)

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Is the PS4 Pro really that deep (hanging off the edge of the shelf) or is it perhaps just poor placement there?

It's definitely a "deep" console thanks to the intense angles. When I had a pro for a bit it sat flush against the back of my entertainment center and still hung over the front edge by about half an inch.

By comparison I'm really happy with how the Series X is only about 6" deep.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, it's a deep console. Mine hangs out of my entertainment centre like that. I can push it in more but with the cables etc it just covers the vents and gets mega hot. It has to hang out the front realistically.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cannot wait for the DF videos. Hopefully NX got one as well. Hopefully we also get some BC performance update info!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
These teases where they are about to turn it on are killing me. Wonder when PS5s go out to these people too.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Seemed like they were really going out of their way to not show footage of games running on the X, so it's surprising they sent out review units so early. Seems confident?

I don't even understand this narrative. What are you even implying? That they are lying about their hardware specs?

There is no other console that is as powerful. What is the actual concern?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, finally.

Looking forward to hearing impressions from both XSX and PS5 soon.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah ps4 pro is very deep and barely fits on my shelf as well. It's really a chonker and it's pretty evident Sony hardware teams just are not on the same level as MS especially with how massive the ps5 is.

The plastics are also just straight up terrible vs the one x