• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Series X load times

GameXbox Series XXbox One X
CoD: Warzone16 seconds21 seconds
Red Dead Redemption 252 seconds1 min, 35 seconds
The Outer Worlds6 seconds27 seconds
Evil Within 233 seconds43 seconds
Sea of Thieves20 seconds1 min, 21 seconds
Warframe25 seconds1 min, 31 seconds
AC: Odyssey30 seconds1 min, 7 seconds
No Man's Sky1 min, 27 seconds2 mins, 13 seconds
Destiny 2 43 seconds1 min, 52 seconds

Load times taken from The Verge

www.theverge.com

A week with the Xbox Series X: load times, game performance, and more

A first look at what the Xbox Series X can do.
If that's a table it's definitely not showing for me at least.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly my thoughts. It's great to change from 1 min 35 sec to 52 sec in RDR2, but that should be a given of we think it's a current gen game...

It's faster, OK, but in no case I would think "wow this is incredibly fast" waiting 50 seconds to load a game.

Quite disappointed with that.

On old games that are not optimized for Series X? That are dropping by 73% - that's dissapointing?

Jan 4, 2018
Sea of Thieves loading in only 20 seconds according to The Verge. It's going to be so good.

I wish someone tested Battlefield V and Battlefront 2 loading times.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Destiny 2 console day 1 raid players about to be real happy that the character screen loads much faster on these consoles.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these loading times are really impressive, others not that much. :p
800 gb for the internal ssd - lol it's less than Sony. Why didn't they just say that. Or is Sony's even less than 815?
You should do yourself a solid and check out how much usable space you actually have on your 500GB/1TB PS4.

The OS always takes a big chunk out of it. You'll have even less space on the PS5.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
These load time complaints are insane. these games are not optimized for the Series X and are cutting load times down significantly.

xenonium

Apr 3, 2020
The loading times are much slower than I expected
I was expecting the load times on current gen games to be faster.
Yep.

All that talk about "no load times" was total bullshit.

These games already exist on PC and even with a fast SSD there they still have load times.
Without changes in those games, they're not going to just disappear. This isn't magic. PS5 is going to be the same way here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
remember none of these games they played are optimize for the SSD. It's just doing it with the regular game
EjAQ3WIXsAE01Hu

I consider that pretty damned good. If memory serves, that's faster than Control on my laptop w/ and SSD. I assume a lot of games will still be stuck in the 30-40 second range, just based on how those engines handle even on high-end PC. These also appear to be first-time loads, which are often longer than subsequent loads for a lot of games.

Last edited:

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here we go complaining about improved load times not being quick enough on games that aren't optimized in anyway shape or fucking form.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
AC Origins loads only half a second slower on an external SSD 😮
Really happy I dropped that 160 in preparation for next gen now

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
Yep.

All that talk about "no load times" was total bullshit.

1. These aren't Series X games, these are backwards compatible games. Games native for the console will have been optimized around the SSD.

2. I don't believe Microsoft ever claimed "no loading times", that was a Sony line. Xbox has always claimed drastically reduced load times, and have released comparison videos like this that seem to have held up as accurate.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sounds like a very familiar, faster experience overall based on these previews. Obviously they've been limited by what they can see and do, though. Will be interesting to see how the PS5 experience compares, because obviously there's going to be a new UI and controller to discuss as well.

Really excited for those faster loading times! I used to literally go and make a cup of tea while waiting for Odyssey to load!

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These games already exist on PC and even with a fast SSD there they still have load times.
Without changes in those games, they're not going to just disappear. This isn't magic. PS5 is going to be the same way here.

Yup I'm surprised there is no showing of Xbox Series X | S titles that what I thought it would come.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Even if the load times aren't instant as some seem to be expecting, you only need to load it once and then can jump back into it in just a few seconds if you switch to a different game.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I think I'll have to give Sekiro another try now lol.

:)

And people complaining about the loading times in old games. Did you see these numbers? FF15 etc? It's fantastic!