• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ekim

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Eurogamer Livestream:

Jeff Bakalar full preview:

Gears Tactics Xbox Series X Gameplay:

Gears 5 Series X vs. One X comparison:

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
So what is the international consensous on Gears? From an italian streaming I get it's a bit underwhelming and not all the things that were promised are actually there, like global illumination

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Watched the ign one, huge shame there isn't a halo or whatever to try out but it looks damn good

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Kind of lost me and I ejected from the video when he said the jump from 30 to 60 is more noticeable than the jump from 60 to 120. I'm currently using a 144hz G-Sync panel on my PC and I couldn't disagree with his statement more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ekim

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of lost me and I ejected from the video when he said the jump from 30 to 60 isn't as noticeable as the jump from 60 to 120. I'm currently using a 144hz G-Sync panel on my PC and I couldn't disagree with his statement more.

Yeah - he also says that Forza Horizon 4 is already 4k/60FPS on Xbox One X which is not true.

OP
OP
ekim

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, fantastic! I imagine it will launch out of beta soon?

Hopefully at launch of the Series X.
Here is the article on Xbox News:
news.xbox.com

New Xbox App (Beta) on Mobile Keeps You Connected to Your Games, Friends, and Fun - Xbox Wire

Last month Chris Novak, Head of Xbox Research and Design, shared our vision of a unified Xbox experience across devices that puts gamers at the center, enabling them to stay connected to their games, friends and communities, which will come to fruition with the release of Xbox Series X|S this...

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I really hope that Xbox can re-enter the heyday of the Xbox 360 generation. They had a pretty rough time this gen, but they seem to be doing everything right now.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the living room media centerpiece I've always wanted. Can't wait for November.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of lost me and I ejected from the video when he said the jump from 30 to 60 isn't as noticeable as the jump from 60 to 120. I'm currently using a 144hz G-Sync panel on my PC and I couldn't disagree with his statement more.
I laughed at that comment too but it's ign so have to roll with it.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Dictator Does the team still only have access to some selected games on the Xbox Series X?

I asked this a couple of times through different channels, but would it be possible to test Rainbow Six Siege as soon as it is possible? The game has the Training Grounds mode (formerly known as Terrorist Hunt). Turning off VSYNC in the game has the FPS go over 60 in that mode, even now on Xbox One X. I'm curious how high this could go on an Xbox Series X. I expect a much bigger number than 120.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I think you got it mixed. He said the jump from 60->120 isn't as noticeable to him as 30->60.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Not really recognising much difference between the XSX Gears 5 and what I am playing on PC. I suppose will wait for DF to do a comparison, since they are adding RT, etc. Hoping there will be a patch for PC.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Do any of these videos confirm that you can choose to output bitstream rather than PCM? I need to know, as to get surround sound I need to route the audio through my TV and 5.1 won't pass over PCM.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Here's mine, as well, OP:

arstechnica.com

Xbox Series X unleashed: Our unrestricted preview

In good news, we finally have a stunning 120fps game. But not much else, games-wise.

This has the thermal and voltage info you're looking for. Also, no unboxing cuz we still don't have the retail box.

"As a computing device, Xbox Series X may go down in history as one of the most remarkable machines ever made—as compared to other products in its era, power level, and price".

Awesome job.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Not really recognising much difference between the XSX Gears 5 and what I am playing on PC. I suppose will wait for DF to do a comparison, since they are adding RT, etc. Hoping there will be a patch for PC.
Yeah, I'm not seeing anything that I didn't see on PC, but I am interested to see what DF has to say in terms of differences. Honestly most interested in Series X because of the relative power compared to my PC and ... Halo 5, if I'm being honest.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much universally glowing impressions all around.

All we're missing is those big AAA games, but we know those are right around the corner.

Can't freaking wait to get my hands on mine! Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Ori, and Forza Horizon 4 will be my launch titles.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting re-hyped for Gears Tactics, watching some of this footage at proper framerates.

dARPwsR.gif

ANlR4J0.gif

daprodigalson

Oct 27, 2017
Don't really know where to ask this question exactly, so if I'm in the wrong thread, then apologies to you all.

How functional is the browser on the xbox ecosystem in comparison to PC? IE is it fully functioning or is it gimped in any way?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really know where to ask this question exactly, so if I'm in the wrong thread, then apologies to you all.

How functional is the browser on the xbox ecosystem in comparison to PC? IE is it fully functioning or is it gimped in any way?
Web browser? It's fully functioning on Xbox One but slow as hell. I'd imagine it'll be a lot quicker on Series S/X.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone point me to some high quality gameplay vids? All I'm seeing are a billion quick resume features.