• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Started playing games in 144 FPS on PC and Ive been spoiled. I hate that we cant even get steady 60 FPS on console games. Did Sony even mention FPS with the PS5 talk? Will 120 FPS be standard for SX or no?
Standard? Absolutely not. It will probably only be seen in less demanding games, or games that offer a lower resolution mode, which might make it possible.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope developers will give us options.
X could easily do more than 120fps, So hopefully they will implement graphic options in most games.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Does HDMI 2.1 support resolutions and refresh rates found on Display port like 1440p/144hz? It'd be nice if both consoles can support that kind of stuff. Having to buy a super expensive 4k TV to be able to play at 100+ fps would be really unfortunate.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
120fps is gorgeous. That being said I don't think it makes sense to prioritize it for consoles because so few TVs support it.
The system will be supporting the new HDMI format, of course they want content to show it off as marketing ploy. Gears 5 multiplayer will also support it but I doubt next gen AAA games will. As time goes by more people will be getting TV's and monitors that support high frame rates. I think 8K is the wrong direction for now, 120fps is a better area to head towards.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
120 fps sounds like Forza

I won't even be able to tell though no 4k tv yet

Edit: Oh shit it's an indie, good marketing by him!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe ya'll are hyping up what's likely to be shovelware except now it's 4k at 120fps. LOL

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking of getting a B9. It and C9 seem pretty future proof for XSX. I'm struggling to figure out what the difference is between B9 and c9? Though
Just the processor really. Unless you're willing to pay a premium for the difference, you'd be fine with a B9. I will say that software updates hit the B9 later than the C9. Sometimes months later.

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
Just about every mid-high end tv releasing this year will have hdmi 2.1 features including 120hz support.

Halo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Sorry....anyone who has purchased a 4k TV in the past 2-3 years is rock solid on the new game consoles and will blown away. If not, no prob...the new consoles will be ready for you and will be blown away. (Worst time to spend money - get it).

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Plz show Initiative, and Playground's Forza Horizon 5 and Fable
This is a tiny indie dev, it's not Microsoft showing off a new big game.
So because i dont have a tv with hdmi 2.0, that game would presumably just run at a locked 4k 60 for me on my oled c8. Also im gonna assume its forza 8
Forza is most certainly not being made by this dev, lmao.
Dynamic Voltage is making Forza 8?
No.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Am I alone in hoping that this doesn't become a trend? Seems way overkill. I'd rather see more bells and whistles

I dunno what kinda games Dynamic Voltage Games makes though
Boothisman.gif
I want to use a console again. I can't if they continue to release games at 30fps. My monitor can handle it. And it's ready.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please please please make it a graphically intensive game. No fortnite esq graphics will make my damn week!

Halo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
This sucks since I want to purchase an OLED.....75-77"

Top of line Sony 65" LCD after less than 2-3 years is too small :)

Still no great option (affordable) right now.

Would have expected this tech got old enough where it dropped to rock bottom by now...I was very, very wrong.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Plz keep your expectations in check this is a small indie dev not a big dev studio

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Oh ok cool
So only a 120hz tv can do 120fps
makes sense!

Your framerate can be higher than the refresh rate of your display.

Hertz in this context refers to how frequently your monitor is refreshing its display each second. FPS in a gaming context is the amount of frames your console/PC is outputting to your monitor in a given second. Your FPS can be higher than the refresh ability of your monitor. For example, you can have a standard HDTV (60 Hz) and be playing a game that runs at 80-90 frames per second - the problem is that this can result in "tearing" of the image.

To appreciate those higher frame rates you really need to have a monitor that can refresh its display quick enough to accommodate those frames.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
How do you enable 120 Hz on a Sony TV? I think my X900E has a 120 Hz panel, but it can't be that auto motion thingie, right? That's the faux-120 Hz stuff I think.
Sounds like it's legit 120 hz. Which is crazy since I bought and did 100s of hours of research on it and somehow didn't know it. It's an amazing panel.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
If it's not a AAA game I don't care one bit. Merely hitting those fps with an unimpressive game doesn't sound exciting.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
willing to bet it's a multiplayer game, and people will be disappointed because they don't know the devs

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
As a C9 owner, I'd like to see 1440/90 as a target with some sort of reconstruction technique for big AAA games.