• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed that a game like BackBreaker Football from the 360 is not on the list... there is no license to tie it up to anything. Would have loved to at least see it in HDR. And if it benefited from enhanced features, that would have even been better.

Would have liked ESPN NFL 2K5 as well in HDR, but I understand the reason why that isn't on the store...

Games I am looking forward to seeing in HDR are Mirror's Edge (360 version) Beautiful game.

And The Crew 2. It has some of the most photo realistic graphics out there. But for someone reason the game was never released in HDR.
Mirror's Edge is already running in HDR (at 4k) on the One X and it looks amazing.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Mirror's Edge is already running in HDR (at 4k) on the One X and it looks amazing.

Edit- I was mistaken. Only read forward if you want to see me embarrass myself.

-------

Doubt.jpeg

Are you sure you're not talking about the remake on the Xbox 1?

I'm talking about the Orginal one. The 360 version.

As far as X1X, I don't believe it has the same auto HDR feature as the Series X.

Last edited:

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
this is one of the best things about xbox being outsold by playstation 2 to 1. they are doing good work.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
EvilBoris What's the biggest benefit from this Auto-HDR feature? Watching that one video my guess is that the brightness aspect is the big positive here. Anything to say about how it works for the color aspect?

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Doubt.jpeg

Are you sure you're not talking about the remake on the Xbox 1?

I'm talking about the Orginal one. The 360 version.

As far as X1X, I don't believe it has the same auto HDR feature as the Series X.
Funny thing is that it is indeed the original Mirrors Edge that has HDR and Catalyst doesn't. Looking forward to seeing Catalyst with this. Hope it gets a next gen patch of some kind

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Well, to be fair, Sony doesn't have an world class AI division and a larger organization that is highly invested into machine learning in both theoretical and applied fields, including computer vision and enhancement of common files.

That said, Sony DOES have a world class sensors and camera division, so you'd think some of this work would be useful to them, as well. Maybe the Sony Pictures department sabotaged the project because they're not gonna let no machines take their jobs, damn it.
This should be forum marked, because each company has their expertise and know how. It's not as simple as starting to care for companies to deliver. Sure with money you can hire talent to do these tasks and improve, but it's not as simple as simply deciding on a morning "hey let's do ML research and deliver auto HDR". For the same reason the incredible Sony senors are interesting for various companies. If this were a sensor forum, then you would expect people to say "you know, it samsung, apple, Microsoft, ..., would care they could do the same.". Instead these companies partner with Sony and Sony partners with Microsoft and Amazon for PS Now or PSN respectively.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Does Auto HDR work on non-BC content?

For instance Control Ultimate Edition for XSX is preferred for the next gen updates, but it likely wont include HDR like the base game.

it works on Xbox One games also, providing they don't already offer it
Games that are particularly cinematic in aesthetic work well as they tend to throw out less data to begin with.
Quantum Break and Control both work really well.
EvilBoris What's the biggest benefit from this Auto-HDR feature? Watching that one video my guess is that the brightness aspect is the big positive here. Anything to say about how it works for the color aspect?

From what I've seen the image is kept within its original colour gamut. So colour cannot be more saturated than it ever was.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
That is actually better than them trying to "fake" the wider color gamut, right?
It's about them trying to respect certain components of what makes the game look the way it does.
Most people have their colour saturation up beyond that anyway, so they are getting a more saturated image anyway. That's probably why it's best not to interfere with it

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
it works on Xbox One games also, providing they don't already offer it
Games that are particularly cinematic in aesthetic work well as they tend to throw out less data to begin with.
Quantum Break and Control both work really well.

From what I've seen the image is kept within its original colour gamut. So colour cannot be more saturated than it ever was.
What about future SDR-only Xbox Series X|S games?
Could it possibly work also for SDR multimedia (SDR Blu-Rays, Streaming apps etc.) other than games?

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Have there been any videos that single out performance and auto HDR for Red Dead 2? That is the game I want to play since I never beat it and I was wondering how it played.

TeaLeaf

Oct 11, 2018
Is this limited to games or can I throw in a non 4k Blu-ray and get some HDR added to it from the Series X?