• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thoughts on the name?

• I like it

Votes: 2,141 37.2%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,687 29.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,935 33.6%

• Total voters

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure that fits in my TV stand lol

And good look to me trying to convince my girlfriend to have a PC tower next to the TV!

Nov 8, 2017
Terrible name, but I like the design, though I stand my consoles on top of my cabinet next to my TV and I can understand why those using shelves underneath wouldn't like it.

Nov 8, 2017
I just measured my TV unit. It has 6.07" of vertical space. Jesus that's going to be a snug fit. I hope the other vents are on the back?

Risk Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox... Series? Man does that sound Microsoft lol.

That can't be the final design, right? Just a vertical cuboid? Looks even more boring than the original Xbone.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
lol At the people trying hard as fuck to make the name more confusing than it is.

It's a fucking Xbox that is part of the X series of consoles. That's it.

People trying to make the sex joke are even worst though. Hard reach for a shit pun.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
VERY interesting console design. I think I really like it actually.

Name is weird. I assume we'll get used to it but it sounds weird right now.

First game shown looks INCREDIBLE. Best facial animation I've ever seen.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the backwards compatibility will be emulation based as opposed to hardware? I'm guessing they'll mirror what they're doing now on the One.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad they've announced this, however the name is kinda meh and the console itself is really bad looking haha but maybe it needs to look like that for whatever reason

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Then the Xbox logo is rotated 90 degrees and it looks stupid too. Just a really stupid looking idea for a console design all around. And that's ok I'm sure everything else about it will be fine.

The console was designed that way to properly cool that 12TF Navi GPU along with that 3.5GH Zen 2 CPU. At some point people will have to come to grips a design that was built around what's actually inside. If that's what it took to give us all that power and simultaneously give us a quiet console then so be it.

RamsesGod43

Sep 28, 2019
Mississauga
The PC comments don't really make sense. Like what do y'all think a console is?
That it doesn't look like a PC? A console should be innovative. A cool form factor both design and controller. To set it apart from a PC. Looks like Microsoft is building an inferior PC. They don't care anymore about that.

I am seriously disappointed. Looks like Sony and Nintendo are they only true innovators left in the console business. That doesn't look anything but a PC.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I am just glad the stupid "One" is gone from the name, and everyone pretty much just calls it the new 'Xbox' when going to buy or play anyway. That design is crazy cool though, and my 3 boys really loved it. I like seeing something different design wise, and Phil Spencer said that form needed to fit function here. In other words, you want serious power then let us do something a little crazy to keep it cool and quiet. That sounds awesome to me :)

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
lol At the people trying hard as fuck to make the name more confusing than it is.

It's a fucking Xbox that is part of the X series of consoles. That's it.

People trying to make the sex joke are even worst though. Hard reach for a shit pun.

Seems like people think "Series" is the name ala 360/Switch/etc. This isn't hard to understand at all. It's just Xbox. This is the X series version of the new Xbox. That's it.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
I think the new console is just called "Xbox" and the "Series" is just the version of it, so for example the "series X" will be the premium most powerful "anaconda" version (like the xbox one x), and the "series S" will be the "lockhart" less powerful slim version (like the xbox one S). Name makes a lot more sense if you look at it like that.

LMAO this is almost exactly word for word what I said earlier. :-)

It's pretty clear to me that "Xbox" is the actual name. "Series X" is just the designation given to the more powerful version while the eventual "Series S" will be the designation given to the cheaper less powerful version.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
i'm curious about what the whole "series" naming scheme will look like, 5 years down the road.
Microsoft needs to stop doing those gimmicky names... and just settle for something that scales. Nintendo can do that, because they're actually 'reinventing' their consoles with each iteration. This is just the next Xbox.

I really don't like the ergonomics of this thing - if it's 6 inches wide, it might just barely fit horizontally into my TV furniture. But it clearly wants to sit on top, like the Switch does. Which is an absolute dick move, if you ask me.

Like, for demanding such a significant place in / on your TV setup, it doesn't look good enough. Looks like a fat Alexa, or a NAS.

Oct 28, 2017
Carrying this would feel weird, because PS4/Pro/XboX/S/X was easy to pick up and place it somewhere.
Now this look very large to claw grip with a single hand.

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
That it doesn't look like a PC? A console should be innovative. A cool form factor both design and controller. To set it apart from a PC. Looks like Microsoft is building an inferior PC. They don't care anymore about that.

I am seriously disappointed. Looks like Sony and Nintendo are they only true innovators left in the console business. That doesn't look anything but a PC.
I don't understand how this comment is possible. It looks nothing like a PC and it's probably the most amazing looking console ever

Spicy Noodles

May 29, 2018
Introducing Tom Series X
436cdf8b45d21e59f08cbcc2e9015a9e.jpg

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017

Who says that a console should do what you describe?
The reason behind this design is obviously the thermal design. You have to fit/cool 12tf inside this box.
It wont win a beauty contest but it will get the job done.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
The name does seem ripe for confusion what with Xbox 1 S and Xbox 1 X both models already existing.

love everything else about it. Really wasn't expecting a next gen console reveal this soon.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I am seriously disappointed. Looks like Sony and Nintendo are they only true innovators left in the console business.

This reads like a copypasta.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It's a boring looking box, basically a PC tower and who knows if the naming will create problems, but I'm in. Backwards compatibility, Game Pass and 15 first party studios. This is gonna be great.