• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thoughts on the name?

• I like it

Votes: 2,141 37.2%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,687 29.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,935 33.6%

• Total voters

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Got room next to the 360

computer-room-10.jpg

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Ive always been whatever about how consoles look, but the controller seems good. But man that name seems a bit confusing on Wii U levels, just my personal opinion though i can already see it considering i work in retail.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, why would I give up the flexibility of PC for... another PC? At least PS5 has its exclusives.
Loved that trailer as a gamer in general, though.
it seems like they're going to try to have those too, regardless of their track record with them in the past. are you really saying you'd be more interested if it were significantly less powerful than the ps5?

Oct 2, 2018
Next major event is E3 and they likely wanted to beat Sony to the punch. Not enough to put together a solo announce around it, think about how bad the PS4 Pro reveal was. I think it's a good move personally.

the pro is a mid gen refresh+ (as was x1x)

this is the next console. Its just here but ... there's nothing to it in terms of games exclusive and the sort of hype a console launch has. Seems like the xbox generation just rolled to the next phase. Not the next console.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
From a Verge article;

"Microsoft isn't talking GPU performance specifics just yet, but Spencer has dropped some hints in an interview with Gamespot, and the graphics you see in the Hellblade 2 trailer were supposedly captured in a game engine, running on the console, in real-time. "We wanted to have a dramatic upgrade from the Xbox One base console," says Spencer. "So when we do the math, we're over eight times the GPU power of the Xbox One, and two times what an Xbox One X is." The Xbox One X is 6 teraflops of GPU performance, so the Xbox Series X could be capable of 12 teraflops."

"GameSpot also says the console is roughly as wide as Xbox One controller and roughly three times as tall."

Oct 27, 2017
No mention of internal battery in the updated controller, right? I would imagine that would have been a talking point in the article.

That makes me happy. I was fearful that with the Elite S2 they would update their regular next-gen controllers to include a internal battery, which I absolutely do not want.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
"I want the Xbox Series X?

"The Xbox One X?

"Not the original Xbox X, the new Xbox X"

"Not the Original Xbox, so the Xbox One?"

"No, that's the first Xbox, the Xbox One is the third Xbox, and I want the fourth Xbox, the Xbox Series X"

"... Sooo the Xbox One X?"

"..."1

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Having just built my first gaming PC I'm more excited to see them potentially pushing their 1st party titles to a much higher degree since I can just play them on my PC.

I'm not bothered by the design though, it makes sense given the much better components involved. PC parts on the spec level they're chasing won't fit in a traditional small box.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
That's a really stupid name and that design doesn't look very entertainment center friendly, assuming it cant go prone

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Its still a name ...
but the argument is that consoles are becoming like phones, and "product + number" is a phone thing. "product + number + pro" is also a phone thing.

Sure, ps has never done real names besides playstation. but that's starting to become more intentional and less just "how it happens to be"

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Love the look of the console. Thankfully I have room for that in my entertainment center but I can see that being an issue for others. I hope the size means awesome performance and cooling.

Need more details and GAMES

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Maybe "Series X" is the family name meaning the "One X" is also included and it is not the actual name of the console?

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the design. It looks powerful and should fit in most setups. It's possible it could be good at cooling if the console is a bit larger as it seems. Not loving the name though. It sounds too similar to the Xbox One X. It's fine though I don't really care either way.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there isn't 2 sku's with a less powerful console. But, with the name it's almost confirmed...

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
but the argument is that consoles are becoming like phones, and "product + number" is a phone thing. "product + number + pro" is also a phone thing.

Sure, ps has never done real names besides playstation. but that's starting to become more intentional and less just "how it happens to be"
Did the xbox have "names"? 360, One.. hows that any different than playstation 2? Its numbers after a name. Its still a name lol.