• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thoughts on the name?

• I like it

Votes: 2,141 37.2%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,687 29.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,935 33.6%

• Total voters

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The box looks great, no question. Distinctive. Attractive.

Only two issues: wasn't there a tweet that said its name would tell us what it's purpose is? "Series X"? What kind of purpose is that?
and ...

Mine either. I suspect that'll be something of a theme they'll hear from people. For the devoted fan it won't matter, but for someone on the fence?

Why won't it fit?

It lies down.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Exactly! It'll look bad between a big horizontal block where that Switch dock is right now and the bottom of the TV.
Seriously? Move the Switch to the left, center this thing on its side so it looks like a center channel, put the AppleTV under Baymax because it's freaking tiny. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Really like the name but man, it seems pretty big and IMHO it's pretty ugly. Gotta be a powerhouse with that design but still.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The name just sounds like they're further muddying the waters with their naming conventions ever since XBO. Not digging the design either. Even if it can lay down horizontally I don't see how it really fits in with how media consoles (the thing you put your tv and gaming consoles on, not gaming consoles themselves) are designed these days.

It is a device for the future so that's not a bad thing.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, this will flop hard.

I have no need to. This thing will be really hard to market due to its name and the design is not good for a console. It will fail. I was expecting more from Microsoft.
No, it's Sony. Whenever there's a Sony thread, haters mob and transform it in a console war. Sony really has a huge hater following in here.
lol

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love all the "where will I put it" based on the vertical image.

It's like no one every bought a PS2 after seeing how it was advertised.

X88CXvQ.jpg
Not really the same. Literally every PlayStation has had a standing shot when revealed (minus PS1)... none of them had PC case aesthetics. That being said, the Xbox Series X will definitely look awkward in a traditional entertainment center.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
Where would I even put this thing? I'm confined enough as it is.

EqGNK.jpg
My favorite thing about this pic is that the idea is to show just how ghetto of a setup someone could possibly have, and it's apparently some terrible basement in a terrible house. That cylindrical thing on the left though? That's a central vacuum unit. You know the thing only insanely nice houses have so you can vacuum all over your house by just connecting a tube to ports that are installed in various rooms. So yeah, the basement is dingy. But the house it's in is definitely legit nice.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
That design really is something... not a fan.

And definitely not a fan of the name either, seems like such a weird choice. Doesnt reflect the fact that its a new console. I would say its almost a new Wii U situation, except that I dont expect it to flop commercially.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Fastest, most powerful Xbox ever made and will lead the next generation for the Xbox brand as their flagship console (but not their premier one which has still yet to be unveiled (Anaconda))

What's OP is saying? This is Scarlett and there is Anaconda more powerful? Then there is Lokhart? MS gonna have 3 consoles?

CyclotronHGA

Oct 26, 2017
"Its industrial design enables us to deliver four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way, something that is critically important in delivering truly immersive gameplay."

Shots fired.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
There are some features mentioned in the Gamespot article such as suspending multiple games, sound level, latency, etc.

Suspending multiple games? This is honestly fucking amazing for me. With Game Pass I'm always trying new games and bei g able to jump from one to the other will be glorious.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I share the sentiment of some members here, I have no idea where I'll put it, it's just not enough space...

images