• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thoughts on the name?

• I like it

Votes: 2,141 37.2%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,687 29.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,935 33.6%

• Total voters

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't look that big to me, if you use the disc drive as reference point the console looks quite compact.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I mainly think the design looks good because it probably is a better form factor for a game system. Some good heat transfer opportunities.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
It's called an Xbox, the series part is just like the "Surface Pro" 1,2,3 etc. or the Ipad Pro. If they do a lockhart it would be like "Series S"

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Bad. I borderline hate it. I will 100% get the console but Microsoft has no idea how to name things. We even skipped a Windows. The box itself is the best looking yet or the only good looking base machine if i am honest.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Please don't joke about that. Remove that.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get the name and it looks like a beverage cooler? I mean, I dunno, it could be interesting, but Xbox Series X is a really weird name.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It is interesting they went for the "tower" look. And it looked huge, especially given the scale they were showing off in the trailer.

But watch it again...

The console is the width of a Xbox One controller. And as tall as about 3 of them.

That is approximately 6" x 13" and I am guessing the depth will be 4" to 6". The Original Xbox One was 13.1 x 10.8 x 3.1"

My media unit slot has just over 4" clearance, so at 6" even on its side it still literally wouldn't fit.

20190819073857010101.jpeg

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
in real life it's like coming across a full size silent panther and even though it's powered on — it's so quiet and still — you're like "that's not a real, alive wild animal right? It's not gonna wake up and eat my face is it?" I admit I have an unhealthy romantic interest in it, but goodness is it ever a lovely object.

And yes it will fit in your av setup. But now you also have the option to have it sit in the public sphere as a thing of beauty to gamers and enigmatic function to NORMIES who as it turns out have also been gamers the whole time.

last time(s) I loved a console design(s) this much were the Panasonic GameCube (don't judge me AND it played DVDs!) and the vectrex because the vectrex shape was also an essential combination of form and function.

haha i can tell you are excited 😊

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It is literally shaped like a brick. I almost thought it was a desktop computer, but no, that's a black brick.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna guess that the cheaper console will have X2 since most will be paying for the cheaper one and not the all powerful chonk one.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I like it! Its minimalist design language will fit and sit nicely in my entertainment center.

Looks like it'll have a nice exhaust and ventilation setup too, so I suppose this means we can expect a highly clocked CPU/GPU that can rival a desktop gaming PC. Can't wait.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Ok

now I'm totally convinced this has voice listening capabilities like that one leak said.

why is what I say in my home so important?

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Many in here are hyperventilating and overreacting to what they think the size of it is and where they'll put it. Holy fuck.