• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thoughts on the name?

• I like it

Votes: 2,141 37.2%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,687 29.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,935 33.6%

• Total voters

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
The design seems very familiar:

ft03b-mini-34viewxdjl6.jpg
ft03s-mini-34viewvgjkg.jpg

(Silverstone FT03-Mini)

Not a fan of a tower for an entertainment device. I don't want hardware on display.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Everyone that argued "microsoft knows what they're doing" is going to eat some serious crow. That branding and the design are TERRIBAD

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The name makes sense when they're turning Xbox into a platform and not something based on generations anymore.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I really dislike the name, but I realized realistically nothing is going to change in the lexicon anyway. People are just going to be playing on their Xbox, just like people play on their PlayStation. Nintendo is the only one that actually has names that changes anything so... Whatever.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Being an actual pc tower makes it hard to fit on most people's tv stands. Kind of an interesting choice, but I like it.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox branding is a mess. Series X sounds barely different from Xbox One X, which sounds barely different from Xbox One S. Why do they all sound so similar? How are people supposed to know which one is better, or even newer?

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Felt wii u vibes with the name....XD
For some moment I thought it was a more powerful Xbox One X.
Somehow I liked the design though

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Looks beautiful, but I was so confused with the message. At first I thought it was like a special edition Xbox One. I was as confused as I was when I saw the WiiU announcement. Name is bad. Console does look amazing as every console made by team Xbox.

I fear that if I was confused with the naming, casuals will be even more.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I LIKE it if I'm being honest, just hope I can lay it on the side

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Going from Xbox One X ----> Xbox Series X is legitimately worse than Wii ---> Wii U.

Congrats.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
That is about as a truly horrible name as the Wii U

I can easily see people get confused by the naming alone

And yeah MS going into the PC tower business

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
Dat's a PC alright.

But for real the size?? Like, either they are using parts more spread out and loose a la PC or the whole thing generates some serious heat. Last option is they are tripling down on the quiet+powerful+always on machine under your TV, which I guess makes more sense.

No joke my jaw almost dropped when I saw the PC case design lol

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
"Remember when Nintendo made a new system and just put a letter at the end of the name, and people didn't know what it was? Let's do that!"