• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
so microsoft is serious with the unboxing, almost all the brazilian media and youtubers got one xbox series X and S as well, comparing to PS5, none of the media got one here in Brazil.

Plum

May 31, 2018
These unboxings are really not helping the FOMO that I literally made a thread for just now

The Series S just looks so nice and small and would do perfect as a second console methinks.

Also, damn, Microsoft just trounces the competition when it comes to packaging. They're pretty much the best in the industry in that regard.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
The Series S is honestly the most impressive of all of these consoles. So tiny yet a full fledged next generation console for just $300. It feels like a nod back to what console gaming used to be about. Small, inobtrusive box, low cost of entry and fast load times. Its a really well designed console.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
The Series S is killing me on how nice it is. I'm a step way from getting it (already ordered the X), .but will I survive the wife aggro when I install it in the living room

decisions!

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not interested in the series S, but its honestly incredible how small it is. If it was maybe $50 less I would instantly buy one almost just for the esthetics lol. And I originally hated the speaker but its not nearly as bad as I thought in promo shots.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
The Series S is killing me on how nice it is. I'm a step way from getting it (already ordered the X), .but will I survive the wife aggro when I install it in the living room

decisions!
I'm getting the X and waiting till around december to get the s for our room upstairs. The way I got the okay from the wife is to explain that I wanted a second controller anyway which would be $60 trading in my one x will get me $175 so really I'm really only spending $65 lol. Plus we'll have HBO max in our room! Stupid firestick doesn't have it yet.

The series s unboxing are really just confirming to me that I made the right decision. This will be a really nice to have second console.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
All these people posting unboxing videos of next gen consoles, meanwhile the rest of us can't even pre-order one .. sigh.

Oct 25, 2017
The S outclasses the X in every way (well except where it counts). Looks so much nicer, packaging is less wasteful, no weird LoOk At tHe GrEeN AiR vEnT!!!!! That MS is really really leaning in to so hard, the unit itself has some character to its slab of plastic unlike the X, no ugly stand, better oriented logo for the majority of people. Just nice.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting the X and waiting till around december to get the s for our room upstairs. The way I got the okay from the wife is to explain that I wanted a second controller anyway which would be $60 trading in my one x will get me $175 so really I'm really only spending $65 lol. Plus we'll have HBO max in our room! Stupid firestick doesn't have it yet.

The series s unboxing are really just confirming to me that I made the right decision. This will be a really nice to have second console.
It's more of a WTF is a console doing in the living room sort of thing lol. Since she has been on leave from work due to the pandemic it has been endless projects to "beautify" our house as the always needs to keep busy.

I'm thinking the Series S is nice enough to look at that I just might get away with it.....

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
It's more of a WTF is a console doing in the living room sort of thing lol. Since she has been on leave from work due to the pandemic it has been endless projects to "beautify" our house as the always needs to keep busy.

I'm thinking the Series S is nice enough to look at that I just might get away with it.....
It's perfect, lol. worse case scenario that thing will fit anywhere.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Really liked EZA and Giant bombs unboxings. Blood had some great care taken and looked professional and Jeff and Brad had some nice commentary on the consoles.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I don't get why there is no GP trial in the box for the S.
They did away with codes in consoles. When you boot it up it will let you redeem whatever is tied to your console's serial number. If it was a console with a game bundle it would be the same thing. I'm sure all of them have GP trials.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
ElawXj0WkAEtXQr
That's the Xbox box box!

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really love the look of the Series S. Hopefully it doesn't age super quickly once the generation gets fully underway.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
I really like green in the Series X and I also think I want that white controller. Looks sexy.

Lastly, I did not like the look of the Series S at first but it has definitely grown on me. It's a very good looking console. Excellent job Microsoft

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff Gerstmann's reaction is pretty great, he seemed a little shocked. The console size differences are legit this gen. I have the Xbox Series X on pre-order, but I part of my really wants the S.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I have a Series X and Series S preordered directly from Microsoft. What are the chances I get them both in the same delivery? I kind of want to open them both at the same time. I'm about to do a dual photoshoot. Here are both boxes. Here are both half opened. Here are both next to each other. Have my wife and kids model with them!

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I must say the packaging is really impressive. It seems really easy to open and easy to remove the console.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is vital info for me. In addition to my Main Series X I have an additional Series S and Series X preordered for the living room. I want to go Series S but I just want to confirm that it is quiet and that backwards compatibility works good. I'm bummed that it runs the Xbox One S versions of Xbox One games but perhaps with the smoother framerates and additional 16x Anisotropic filtering will help make up some of the difference.

I want people try Sekiro, MHW and Ninja Gaiden on a Series S. If I have to get a Series X it would push my PS5 purchase a year later I want lol