• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft, you understand us.

In this time of turmoil in the world it would be easy and absolutely acceptable to go radio silent for a while until we all recover. But the world needs things like this to boost moral, provide some happiness and albeit trivial, something to look forward to.

Thanks !

Hell yeah, I was deep in the OT and ventured here eventually, relief, going to chill and take it in.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
Sampler Feedback and Sampler Feedback Streaming are apparently not the same thing. It looks like SFS is hardware based.

It states its a hardware feature in the link I posted. From what I see they are the same thing. Not sure what hardware on the PC currently has this capability though (if any yet).

DirectX Sampler Feedback
Sampler Feedback is a hardware feature for recording which areas of a texture were accessed during sampling operations. With Sampler Feedback, games can generate a Feedback Map during rendering which records what parts of which MIP levels need to be resident. This feature greatly helps in two scenarios as detailed below.
Texture Streaming
Texture-Space Shading

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was hoping for 20+ but it seems that was too hopeful
Now their lockhart (?) has an advantage here,thats fine modern games dont need that much memory in comparison to older ones that were starved but still would had been nice to see a bigger leap

Maybe they can push to 20 if devs message that they need it, like what happened with ps4

lightchris

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
CPU and GPU performance is really good for a new console, but the memory setup is disappointing. Even if PS5 would do better it won't make much of a difference for most (multi-platform) games.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Digging what Microsoft is doing with the XBOX and it would look great on my white desk.
But with a beefy gaming PC I don't really see any added value on jumping in.

... but it would look really sweet on my desk.
:|

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The specs looks incredible. As I said in the previous topic when they dropped some specs I went from 0 interest in the next Xbox to thinking it might be the console I buy first next gen. Sony might knock it out of the park as well but Gamepass makes the Xbox ecosystem so attractive.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
What exciting and fun news. This thing is ridiculously powerful, the COU/GPU speeds are insane. Seriously, thank you Xbox. Needed a distraction.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The specs looks great, I am entirely satisfied with the jump. On the other hand, showing no software other than current gen stuff to showcase it is weird, but I suppose not unexpected given MS messaging probably pointed to this. Will be interesting to see if Sony do anything different when they [eventually] reveal. On the other hand, this is not a bad strategy as I expect MS to show games when they bring their online conference.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, so it's actually 12.155 TF of RDNA 2! And they are indeed replacing XCloud Xbox One S server blades with Xbox Series X blades, soooo exciting. Should make XCloud that much better.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just built a PC with a 3700x and a 2080 Super. Phew, glad I didn't go any lower. Hopefully that should keep me going for a bit to keep up with the consoles.

2080 Super wont be able to actually keep up with the series X.
On the CPU side you are likely okay.
CPU and GPU performance is really good for a new console, but the memory setup is disappointing. Even if PS5 would do better it won't make much of a difference for most (multi-platform) games.

Memory setup is disappointing?
What were you expecting and what would impress you.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks amazing! I can't wait to trade-in my One X for a Series X this Fall. I fully expect the Series X to hit its release date target this Fall.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very similar to the Xbox One X strategy which is good for some people. Most of us are waiting for them to show them games.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very similar to the Xbox One X strategy which is good for some people. Most of us are waiting for them to show them games.
They're doing the smart thing by getting all the specs and features out of the way and giving people enough time to digest it all before finally serving them a dessert of games. LOL

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
With the world in the midst of a horrible pandemic, trying to reveal your new gaming hardware is currently incredibly foolish and shortsighted.

Sony will have plenty of news cycles to itself. There is no need to rush.
And you decided to use "horrible pandemic" for your console wars drive by bullshit. Fuck this 🤦🏻‍♂️

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Microsoft is actually bringing the SeX! <3
This will be more powerful than Stanley Kubrick's God's monolith.

I have only one concern so fare: Toslink/Optical rear port seems to be gone? :(

iag

Oct 27, 2017
This really feel like a next generation system. Current gen felt underwhelming at launch, but this is great.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
2080 Super wont be able to actually keep up with the series X.
On the CPU side you are likely okay.

Memory setup is disappointing?
What were you expecting and what would impress you.

Oh I know, I fully intend to upgrade that particular component once we have more info about Ampere and prices have stabilized in a few years.

I'd disagree about the 2080 Super not being able to keep up though. It will be fine.

Last edited:

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if Microsoft has already started manufacturing the parts going into the final units. Their official article opens by saying it will be available holidays 2020 which I am sure was placed their very deliberately. They sound confident that it will be out this year.

Deleted member 30987

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Oh yeah, price too. They want to keep Sony on their toes in that regard. LOL
This is gonna be fun :) I assume Sony will not match Series X in power, there is no way they can, if they designed the console to be reasonably priced. Just don't see it. I don't see MS taking a huge hit on initial X price, which makes me thing either MS went crazy, or there is another console going to be announced, with reasonable specs but substantially weaker and cheaper to produce.

Deleted member 30987

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I wonder if Microsoft has already started manufacturing the parts going into the final units. Their official article opens by saying it will be available holidays 2020 which I am sure was placed their very deliberately. They sound confident that it will be out this year.
At the price they are going to sell at it's safe to assume they will be able to get 20 thousand produced for launch this year. :)
Otherwise, look around, production in China down 20 percent, unemployment going highest since 2003, a lot of shit going on with countries holding entire populations in quarantine - just dont see how anything can be launched this year being available in 2-3 million at least for any sort of meaningful launch.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Watched the DF video. Really interesting to see how the system is designed. Very unlike older consoles.

Deleted member 30987

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
For what?
A SoC that is the size of those in One and One X when they launched?
A SSD that will be tens of bucks more expensive than a HDD?
Dont look at size look at the tech. And last time I checked such SSDs were +100 bucks alone? Dont see how You can put anything less than 500$ with this tech not taking the hit which I dont think is the case

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really impressive piece of kit. The load time improvement should be amazing, I remember when I first got my SSD on PC.

Nice touch having multiple games open for the quick renew too.

I love Microsoft's attitude, they seem to give zero fucks what Sony has planned and are just throwing it all out there.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Terrific console specs and suites of API features. The box is Great!

The gamepad comes with AA batteries and lacking gyro in 2020. Not very forward looking and generally disappointing.

There's always the Lockhart lurking in the background somewhere threatening to bring down the baseline.

Looking forward to see proper next-gen games.

Last edited:

ppn7

May 4, 2019
I'm really impressed by this XSX ! I haven't a 4K TV yet, too bad ! 1000€ for the oled TV + 500€ for the next gen console or just taking a new GPU and still play on 1080p monitor :-/