• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

giphy.gif

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
that die size is smaller then what was originally thought right?

MS and dropping infor out of nowhere like usual with this system
Still waiting on ANYTHING from sony, i'm PC and ps5 this gen but I still like to pry

The magical ssd they were talking about is just an nvme? or is there more to that? I have a 1tb samsung 970 in my rig right now

I'm pretty sure Sony is the one who will have the most impressive SSD. When it comes to everything else unless Sony has a big tall case with good cooling I'm not so sure they will be able to top those clock speeds.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Being able to resume after powering off the console is gonna save a lot of electricity

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the console is a little bigger than this. Really love the design of this monster!

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
lol that loading times demo just tells me that State of Decay 2 had unbearable load times.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I know it was never a possibility due to NVME and cost, but man, 1tb HDD is not going to be enough.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who is this guy showcasing the Series X. I'm glad for new info on next gen but I'm curious as to why they went with this guy as opposed to their own official channels with way more reach?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1TB? That's going to fill up guickly with the size of games these days. I was also hoping for 32GB to make it more future proof, it seems like by a few years 16GB is going to be low.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
That game switching!!! I NEED THAT😳😳😳
But that D-Pad don't look good for fighting games! Gotta do more research though!

hmqgg

Nov 1, 2017
I overestimated the GPU decompression speed back to 2018 lol.

I thought it was a 7+x bandwidth improvement (since all the papers about GPU decompression told me this), but a 2x 'raw I/O' improvement still impressed me, and the game loading time reducing is amazing.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest question to me, are the controller still AA powered??? This one is huge for me. I am so tired of switching batteries every time.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
1TB? That's going to fill up guickly with the size of games these days. I was also hoping for 32GB to make it more future proof, it seems like by a few years 16GB is going to be low.
16 GB is more than enough for 4-5 years considering most teams aren't designing solely for next gen yet.

and you have no earthly idea how expensive 1 TB NVME is

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Hypothetically, this day (or month) is somewhat PS Meeting for XBOX with the specs & other infos, while future digital presentation (previously E3 June 2020 plan) is for the price & games.

It's amazingly well how XBOX 2020 is PS4 2013, lol, in very good way for them.