• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Any folks who ordered from Microsoft last night have any updates on their orders?

How'd the order process go for you last night? I keep getting one in my cart, but then it goes to a checkout screen with no taxes where the order won't process.

I'm unsure if just hitting "place order" over and over again will get me in eventually, or if I should be refreshing to see if the taxes show up.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Mine finally came! GF was hanging out on the balcony and the FedEx dude said "it's here!". Guess he delivered a few of these today.

Thing if beauty. Setup took a few minutes with the Xbox app. All my settings transferred over.

Also holy shit my TV can do 120hz, well at least in 1080P mode.

Jun 10, 2018
Wait were we supposed to wait till 12pm to buy in store at Walmart? The person I talked to just said they didn't have any but checking brickseek shows they have some.
Just called my local Wal-Mart, they said that from what they were told is that when you order online you can pick up at store. At least that is what the person told me.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
It arrives tomorrow, hooray! Just have to drive 70km to get it tomorrow morning (I could not change my adress anymore and I am currently at homeoffice somwhere else...)

DLbeast

Feb 11, 2019
They literally just updated it from 11/12/20 by 5pm, to today by 5pm.

Calgary Alberta

Looks like im getting mine today after all!! Rest of you folks in Canada , check for an update, maybe you getting it today after all!!

FedEx FTW

Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif
That's the plan....

crtfreak

Sep 22, 2020
Oh sweet! When did you order it? I just got mine last night. The order status still says In Progress.

Ordered it at launch. They charged my card on Friday but didn't ship till yesterday. A Gamestop tracking showed up on my Fedex Delivery Manager on Saturday but Gamestop never even emailed me that it was shipped. Right now on gamestop.com it just says NA:NA:NA as status lol

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
Let's hope Walmart.com handles this better than everyone else has. I understand covid has hurt normal supply, but a website hit with traffic and putting up an item to order should be smoother than what has happened so far. I hope as soon as these go live it is clear the steps you need to take to get an order. If it is only for store pickup, I hope this process is not a huge headache. If they are allowing online orders for shippment, I hope this is clear.

Walmart is one of the biggest companies in the world, so lets see how they handle this.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
I think I just managed to order one from Costco. If you are a member you may have luck. Its a bundle with an extra controller though.

Edit: This is for my kid for Xmas. I don't think you can go pick it up at a store or anything.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020

Calgary Alberta

Looks like im getting mine today after all!! Rest of you folks in Canada , check for an update, maybe you getting it today after all!!

FedEx FTW
Just checked mine. It's still in fucking memphis.

Fedex FTL.

crtfreak

Sep 22, 2020
My FedEx tracker updated at 8:37am saying they accepted my hold request and are redirecting my package to a local FedEx office location instead of delivering to my old address . The delivery date changed from today by 8pm to pending. I really hope this doesn't somehow cause me to have to wait another full day for my package to move. Anyone have any experience with hold at location requests? Are they usually same day as a normal delivery to a home address?
Typically if you put the hold request in before delivery date. They will sold at you local sorting facility and transfer over. You can typically pick it up from the hold location at 7pm in most cases same day. Sometimes sooner. You can call the hold location to inquire also. I experience this all the time when I have high value collectables coming in

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Target taking money out of my account for an out of stock item has put me in a fucking bind with being able to get one with Walmart. Fuck Target.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Target taking money out of my account for an out of stock item has put me in a fucking bind with being able to get one with Walmart. Fuck Target.

In the same boat, except mine is "preparing to ship" (since Sunday). But they took the $ so now I don't have the cash to try at Walmart.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Last time Wal Mart had orders the site slowed to nothing and most everyone didn't get it, so you have to use the app but I am wondering how does the app handle refreshes? Can't get it to reload the page

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan

Calgary Alberta

FedEx FTW
Where do you live? Mine is also in Calgary but I am in Sask so still showing Thursday. Though have my fingers crossed.

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
Last time Wal Mart had orders the site slowed to nothing and most everyone didn't get it, so you have to use the app but I am wondering how does the app handle refreshes? Can't get it to reload the page
best bet is back up to the search page results with the xbox series x and then click on it again to do a refresh that way.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy's appointment method was super easy and painless. It literally took me a total of 15 min from leaving the house, to picking up, and then back to walking through my front door for the whole thing. They were super organized about this. It's a shame to hear that it's not like this from the shipping side though and I'm sorry for all of you going through it. Their pickup is usually how their shipping is too. Good luck to everyone.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Thanks guys, well I have my wife trying to help as well. I doubt we get it but since it's for my brother in law not the biggest loss.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
How are my Best Buy shipping peeps feeling?

I was hopeful because it shipped yesterday.

Nervous? lol

All day yesterday and this morning it just said "Getting it Ready" with nothing else. It just updated to "Arriving Today via UPS" 15-20 minutes ago (11:30 am Eastern) but I don't have a tracking No. yet so I'm gonna guess I get it late tonight or tomorrow morning. UPS already swung by once and dropped off some stuff. Idk if they go back and pick more stuff up or if they have multiple drivers for the area.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
Ok I just ordered from Walmart. Said to wait for a "ready for pickup" email. They charged my card so they better have it lol.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
What the hell, I was able to get it in my cart and start the checkout process but after picking an address it said it was out of stock.

How can they let you begin checkout without reserving the item for you?