• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
For some reason I'm unable to change the shipping address for my Amazon order (I'm moving between now and November 10). A customer service rep is telling me my best option is to just wait and change the address through the carrier once the console ships.

Am I wrong or does this seem risky? I'm only moving a few blocks away so I guess worst case scenario I could go and pick it up from whoever is living at my old place if I can't change the address.

I had the exact same issue. Went through chat support several times, escalated it several times. Just to be told it can't be done, to cancel and reorder. After I explained the demand for this item, they said to put it on my wish list and wait.

I tweeted Amazon help and got a phone call, for some reason, this person was competent and changed the address and the issue was resolved in like 20 seconds. Definitely try tweeting

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I had the exact same issue. Went through chat support several times, escalated it several times. Just to be told it can't be done, to cancel and reorder. After I explained the demand for this item, they said to put it on my wish list and wait.

I tweeted Amazon help and got a phone call, for some reason, this person was competent and changed the address and the issue was resolved in like 20 seconds. Definitely try tweeting

can you just call?

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I'm unable to change the shipping address for my Amazon order (I'm moving between now and November 10). A customer service rep is telling me my best option is to just wait and change the address through the carrier once the console ships.

Am I wrong or does this seem risky? I'm only moving a few blocks away so I guess worst case scenario I could go and pick it up from whoever is living at my old place if I can't change the address.

call them

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017

I tried that, called them and it was the same issue. I then just requested a supervisor callback. But that ended up with the same response, can not be changed, cancel and reorder.

The tweet is the only thing that got things to change. With chat and phone calls I was dealing with the customer support in India, but after the tweet I got a phone call from Ireland and the issue was resolved very quickly.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I tried that, called them and it was the same issue. I then just requested a supervisor callback. But that ended up with the same response, can not be changed, cancel and reorder.

The tweet is the only thing that got things to change. With chat and phone calls I was dealing with the customer support in India, but after the tweet I got a phone call from Ireland and the issue was resolved very quickly.

man....just wierd.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
As an update to the issue I described below, as I did not believe my MS store preorder was going to process correctly, I canceled my original preorder. Luck was on my side this morning, as I was able to secure another XSX, and the order went through as it should have (deducting the full amount from my account balance).

I was able to get an order through a few days ago for an XSX that I had in my cart since the 22nd, but my order has me a bit concerned. I had (have) enough in my account balance to pay for the system, but I have noticed the following oddities:

1. The confirmation screen originally showed $284.xx taken from my account balance, then the rest from my CC
2. My email confirmation shows that the order was paid in full using my MS account balance
3. Looking up my order detail via computer shows my account balance as primary payment, and then my CC as backup
4. When I look at my recent purchases via my xbox, it shows my preorder was "paid" via CC, yet no preauthorization took place
5. According to Microsoft's own order page, if you place an order and have the amount in your account balance, it will deduct the purchase amount from the balance at that time, and yet I still have the full amount available in my account.

I asked a rep via chat to look into it and they said that it shows that my account balance is the primary payment showing and "should" deduct apprximately 10 days before shipping, but I am am reluctant to believe them. I have never had this issue before on any past purchases from the MS store, so I guess I play the waiting game for now...

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I'm going to have to cancel my pre-order at EB Games since they can't apply my store credit to the pre-order. I'm hoping I'm able to cancel it and immediately pre-order the same one using my gift card lol. If not I guess I'll just have to wait till after launch.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad I lied to myself and kept checking this thread lol

Got the X preordered at Costco. Bummed about the late shipping but oh well.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to figure out is it worth pre-ordering at Costco as a backup if I have an Amazon order.....

snogrigg

Sep 11, 2018
I'm trying to figure out is it worth pre-ordering at Costco as a backup if I have an Amazon order.....
I just did, but I just have a buggy Target order (added warranty and removed) and flukey Microsoft order (hit order like 10000 times before it went throught).

I am at least confident this Costco one will actually be delivered, albeit more expensively and later. I will just cancel the other 2 whenever/if one actually ships.

Last edited:

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I just did, but I just have a buggy Target order (added warranty and removed) and flukey Microsoft order (hit order like 10000 times before it went throught).

I am at least confident this Costco one will actually be delivered, albeit more expensively and later. I will just cancel the other 2 whenever/if one actually ships.

I went ahead and did it. I'll just cancel it if I get Amazon first. Strangely I trust Costco more.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even attempt to pre-order when the initial wave of pre-orders from retailers opened, and had basically resigned myself to not get one this year.

Now after seeing that tweet, I officially have my pre-order. I'm surprised at how easy it was to order the Series X from Costco! This is the first console that I have ever gotten on launch week.

My only big question mark is whether my Rock Band instruments will work. I know MS said all non-Kinect peripherals will work, and Harmonix has been testing instruments on the next gen consoles, but nothing has been properly confirmed yet.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Just ordered one from Costco! Missed the initial pre orders and resigned myself to having to wait till after January. Hoping I don't get an email later saying it got canceled.

Don't really care if it comes late. I'm just so excited!

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Got it from Costco! Sad it looks like it will ship a little late but at least I've got one this time. Really glad I jumped with the PS5 pre-orders because I really thought both systems would be readily available compared to previous launches.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Last time I pre-ordered from Costco was the Elite Series 2 controller. I got it a couple of days before release day. It's not a console, sure, but I'm hoping for the same result.

Now do PS5, Costco!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Just my luck I don't have my Costco card on me...

And I don't think ever set up an account.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'm not in the game anymore for a pre-order, but I just want to bring up this consistent nugget of wisdom that seems to be working across all these sites. If you have it in your cart, and it says OOO, just keep trying to force it through. Don't take no for an answer.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the road and somehow I missed another chance at a preorder 😭

I should honestly just give up and wait for release.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not in the game anymore for a pre-order, but I just want to bring up this consistent nugget of wisdom that seems to be working across all these sites. If you have it in your cart, and it says OOO, just keep trying to force it through. Don't take no for an answer.

What if it says "Due to inventory changes, item 1483699 in your cart is no longer available. This item cannot be purchased at this time."?
lol

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
What if it says "Due to inventory changes, item 1483699 in your cart is no longer available. This item cannot be purchased at this time."?
lol

If you can get back to the checkout screen, there's really no reason to stop trying. Someone might cancel or have theirs fall through, and you may get through. It's been a consistent theme.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Finally pre-ordered.
I didn't particularly care to have Series X at launch, but at 250€ (trading in One X ofc) it's a pretty good deal.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Gamestop is now saying my xbox series x preorder has the status of "Refunded" :(

I wonder if they had to cancel a few regular pre-orders to make room for the all access units. Something tells me the all access got priority because they made people get a credit check and gave them a line of credit without offering them a box.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
Just managed to get a Series X preorder on the Microsoft store. A couple days ago I used that configuration page that was posted a few pages back and ran an auto refresh extension on it until it came up to where I could add it to my cart. I couldn't get past the part with confirming payment though and tried it off and on until this morning it said my cart was empty. I was bummed and thought I'd try again so I went back to the configuration page again, and there it said I still had it my cart. Before trying to proceed, I went to my account page and setup my payment and address info as defaults, went back and clicked on the cart and this time it took me straight to the place order step. I clicked that and of course it didn't go through, but I kept clicking it from time to time and then I had a zoom meeting, so while pretending to pay attention I just kept clicking over and over until it finally went through.

Anyone still trying to get their preorder, have patience, keep at it and persevere.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I hope I get xsx day one but we'll see.. I found 1 store in Sweden that didn't say they were fully booked. Damn, I can't wait til' january. That would suck so much NY pizza.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I got my Series X order in at Costco. I just happened to be a member, and the preorders were still open at noon when I went to lunch at work. I did have to force it through, but I got a confirmation email and the order shows up in my account. I can live with the extra controller, might as well teach my dad how to play Madden or NBA 2K so we can play together on lazy weekends.

Now, to trade in my One X at Gamestop and get a play and charge kit for the Series X controllers.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How's everyone going to handle the storage topic? Think i'll just buy the Seagate expansion portable, not sure i want to spend more than 200 euros on the official expansion card.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
How's everyone going to handle the storage topic? Think i'll just buy the Seagate expansion portable, not sure i want to spend more than 200 euros on the official expansion card.

Im in for one of the Seagate Expansion Cards, I just need them to be in stock somewhere. In the UK I can only find them on the Microsoft Store site and they're out of stock.