• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
should also mention that I had to keep F5ing in order to get the option for preorder to come back

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I had the preorder button for a while earlier but didn't know about the e warranty trick 😭

damn preorders seem to be gone at target, can't get it to pop up anymore. Missed again.

Feb 1, 2018
FYI target pre-orders may or may not be real. It seems to be a bug in their website that's allowing you to check out. Too many people have been getting them when everyone else is sold out.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People should be careful of these tricks. Places might not guarantee preorders if it goes above a max. Hopefully people get one but don't be surprised if places moan about some bug and cancel.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
People should be careful of these tricks. Places might not guarantee preorders if it goes above a max. Hopefully people get one but don't be surprised if places moan about some bug and cancel.

Yeah, that seems super sketchy. No harm in trying I suppose but I also wouldn't be expecting it to stick.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
FYI target pre-orders may or may not be real. It seems to be a bug in their website that's allowing you to check out. Too many people have been getting them when everyone else is sold out.
Similarly to the PS5...it could be canceled preorders bumped back out for order...could also be a bug...typically retail systems have checkout blocks...but who knows...I guess we'll see...Target could always switch in-store stock to these preorder additions (assuming they have some for in-store)

Jan 27, 2019
Just received my Shopto email saying "get fucked" for the Xbox Series X yet was fine for the PS5, did they not get as much XSX stock allocated?

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
Darn missed it.

Dumb question but does the S model have to be oriented vertically? I really don't want an S but I have a living room TV that doesn't really have a place for the X.
No, it can be placed horizontally. In fact it's probably better horizontally since it has vents on both sides of the system when laying horizontally but while vertical one of those vents is covered.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
No, it can be placed horizontally. In fact it's probably better horizontally since it has vents on both sides of the system when laying horizontally but while vertical one of those vents is covered.

Perfect, thanks. Yeah S will work better for this spot.

It's a bonus console and can just keep the old Xbox there for now but an S would be good.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to cancel my Series X pre-order but opting not to. I'll be busy on Xbox this holiday and getting a PS5 would just sit there right now based on my friends group and the backlog I have. I'll get the PS5 in the spring and just keep my Series X. I only own an Xbox One X and would rather offload it now at EB. Also the preview vids have been pretty exciting and convincing.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Would the Series S be a good complement to the PS5 especially if using it primarily for game pass?

any idea of how Forza Horizon 4 would run on it?

Feb 1, 2018
The UK series S has been up on amazon for a while. If you're that desperate for one, just know it'll require a US power cord (probably any standard one from newegg or whatever that fits the specs) and there may or may not be warranty issues or quirkiness with your region when you sign into xbox live.

Jun 10, 2020
Texas
Anyone else that was approved for All Access and couldn't preorder just get their second follow up email from Microsoft? They said they will be opening up a 72 hour window for us to complete the preorder process. More details to come in a 3rd email on or around October 19th.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that preordered through All Access....have you received anything yet from Citizens One? I preordered mine from Best Buy, the order is still pending and payment says "awaiting authorization". Anyone else have this?

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
I really hope I can walk into Best Buy day one to buy a series x since it seems Best Buy hasn't said shit since day one pre orders.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Before I attempt it, anyone know if I can load money into my Microsoft account and change the payment method to that on my current preorder in the MS store? Usually, I'd preorder from Amazon and prepay it by loading your Amazon account and applying it to the balance.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
My Target order from day one seems to check for funds about every 7 days. I keep getting notifications from my CC's app about a Target charge for $527. Keep that in mind if you are low on funds I don't want to see anyone lose a spot.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Before I attempt it, anyone know if I can load money into my Microsoft account and change the payment method to that on my current preorder in the MS store? Usually, I'd preorder from Amazon and prepay it by loading your Amazon account and applying it to the balance.
It doesn't seem like you can do it via the order page. I tried and it gives you an error. You can try chatting with someone and seeing if they'd even allow you to do it

Oct 27, 2017
Just received my Shopto email saying "get fucked" for the Xbox Series X yet was fine for the PS5, did they not get as much XSX stock allocated?
Shopto have been farming pre orders since the beginning of last year with their register interest for 1p thing. It's no surprise that loads of people have been disappointed. They must have known from the amount of interest that there was no way they could fulfil all the units yet they let people wait. Pretty crappy really and luckily I got a pre order in somewhere else but I won't use them again for a console launch

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
series S available at Target, do it from a PC, add the warranty and then remove once it's in the cart!

EDIT: It's gone. You just have to constantly check.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the Xbox One play & charge batteries will work with the new controllers? With a USB C cable of course

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I cancelled a Series X order at Best Buy last night, so that'll go back into the pool at some point, lol.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Has Best Buy ever sent out emails regarding pre-order cancelations for XSX/S pre-orders? Just wondering if it's safe to assume my pre-order's all set since I haven't heard anything to the contrary...

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Shopto have been farming pre orders since the beginning of last year with their register interest for 1p thing. It's no surprise that loads of people have been disappointed. They must have known from the amount of interest that there was no way they could fulfil all the units yet they let people wait. Pretty crappy really and luckily I got a pre order in somewhere else but I won't use them again for a console launch
Yep, ShopTo can do one.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
In general, with online preorders from most any retailer, I've seen things get canceled right before release date way more than I've seen things get canceled during this in between period. There is really not a point in this time where you can feel assured (more than having actually gotten an order in) that nothing will change.

I am only sharing this in response to the many posts I see asking if their orders are secure if they haven't canceled by now.

At the end of the day, your order isn't "safe" until it ships, or really until it's in your house.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
In general, with online preorders from most any retailer, I've seen things get canceled right before release date way more than I've seen things get canceled during this in between period. There is really not a point in this time where you can feel assured (more than having actually gotten an order in) that nothing will change.

I am only sharing this in response to the many posts I see asking if their orders are secure if they haven't canceled by now.

At the end of the day, your order isn't "safe" until it ships, or really until it's in your house.

Fair point. At some point I want to release my backup Microsoft store pre-order, though. Maybe I'll give it a few more weeks.