• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
How the hell can these giant corporations still fuck up launches? Samsung has no issues. Apple has no issues. Why not just set up a fucking queue like Apple etc?

Deleted member 20433

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pre ordered to SX last night. The plan was to just buy the PS5, at least initially, but MS acquiring Bethesda changed everything.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
There needs to be a better way to do these pre-orders going forward. Some sort of queue system or something.

Feb 1, 2018
How the hell can these giant corporations still fuck up launches? Samsung has no issues. Apple has no issues. Why not just set up a fucking queue like Apple etc?

The iphone X launch in 2017 was actually crazy.

In general apple just lets things pile up on backorder and they can literally book the world's supply of certain components when making stuff so supply issues are temporary

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The iphone X launch in 2017 was actually crazy.

In general apple just lets things pile up on backorder and they can literally book the world's supply of certain components when making stuff so supply issues are temporary
But I think many people want to get on these lists rather than have to check every hour for days. I'd rather them say I was late and will get it 2 weeks after launch, but that they'll move me up the list as people cancel or supply increases.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
But I think many people want to get on these lists rather than have to check every hour for days. I'd rather them say I was late and will get it 2 weeks after launch, but that they'll move me up the list as people cancel or supply increases.

Like booking a doctor. Put me on the list and call me if someone cancels but don't tell me to call as often as I want fishing for a spot.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep everyone needs to copy apple with the way they do preorders. They make so much money cause they don't label there shit out of stock.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Got this email from Amazon today:

We're contacting you about your order of Xbox Series X to let you know in advance that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We are making every effort with the supplier to procure more inventory. We will provide additional updates once more information becomes available.

You can track the latest shipment status or, if you prefer, cancel your order from Your Orders page by clicking the following link:

Personally, it doesn't bother me if I don't receive it on release day. But I hope that's all there is to it. Would suck if they had to cancel preorders.

Feb 1, 2018

Theres like two different philosophies to product launches, either you let people backorder it and make it "easy" (iphones every year) or you go the streetwear route and make it random and scarce in order to generate lots of hype and make your product and brand more coveted. Exclusivity is a marketing decision

Look at the convenient timing of that travis scott IG post right during the hottest week of nearly impossible PS5 pre orders- this shit's all planned. They want us to go rabid for their products

Derko1

Oct 29, 2017

Personally, it doesn't bother me if I don't receive it on release day. But I hope that's all there is to it. Would suck if they had to cancel preorders.

That's just Amazon covering themselves in case it is late. I think I remember getting a same type of email for my PS4 pre-order as well in 2013.

I'm sure every pre-order got that email, but like you, I'm just happy I was able to get one. Won't lose anything if I get to play a day or two after.

Deleted member 74623

Banned
Jul 14, 2020
Theres like two different philosophies to product launches, either you let people backorder it and make it "easy" (iphones every year) or you go the streetwear route and make it random and scarce in order to generate lots of hype and make your product and brand more coveted. Exclusivity is a marketing decision

Look at the convenient timing of that travis scott IG post right during the hottest week of nearly impossible PS5 pre orders- this shit's all planned. They want us to go rabid for their products
Doesn't this logic fail when iPhones are the hottest item ever and they go the "easy" route?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have prime so I never really assumed I'd get my system on day one anyway. I assumed it would be a couple days after which is fine. I kind of don't really understand why people pay for prime tbh. There is still free shipping on $35 purchases and honestly I haven't really noticed much of a difference in shipping speed. Even when I had prime stuff would routinely take 4-5 days.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have prime so I never really assumed I'd get my system on day one anyway. I assumed it would be a couple days after which is fine. I kind of don't really understand why people pay for prime tbh. There is still free shipping on $35 purchases and honestly I haven't really noticed much of a difference in shipping speed. Even when I had prime stuff would routinely take 4-5 days.

Must be where you live, on Prime I either get shit next day or even sometimes same day if I order early enough

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Finally got in a All access series x pre-order today at Elgiganten Swe. Highly doubt I will get in any time in November or even December tho. But we'll see..

At least I don't have to pay any monthly cost until I have it.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Doesn't this logic fail when iPhones are the hottest item ever and they go the "easy" route?

Scarcity isn't part of Apple's marketing push. Nike on the other hand deliberately manufactures just enough of their LE shoes so you'll never see them on actual sleeves (or in secondhand listings online). They keep the prices artificially high that way.

Scarcity in electronics is a choice, and a pretty dumb one considering how coordinated worldwide launches have to be.

Hummel003

Mar 23, 2020
sold my xbox one x for 250 euro and my ps4 for 160 euro. I am ready for next gen! I pre ordered xbx and ps and i am sure i will have them both on launch. Cant wait

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
This is actually cheaper than buying an Xbox Series S in the US, even with tax. Comes out to about $307 shipped.

Oct 28, 2017
That's just Amazon covering themselves in case it is late. I think I remember getting a same type of email for my PS4 pre-order as well in 2013.

I'm sure every pre-order got that email, but like you, I'm just happy I was able to get one. Won't lose anything if I get to play a day or two after.

I didn't get one. I'm sure they sent it only to the people over their initial allocation. They're hoping to get more from Microsoft, and frankly they'll probably get more.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I didn't get one. I'm sure they sent it only to the people over their initial allocation. They're hoping to get more from Microsoft, and frankly they'll probably get more.

Nah yours probably got lost or they aren't done sending them.

They and other companies do these for preorders all the time and they have and will continue to be an ass covering measure. We see these for every major preorder and still everyone on this forum freaks out for no reason.

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

they are delayed. It's an automated email from Amazon going back in time. Someone who worked there in this department wrote up something about it from the last launch. It's automated based on velocity of orders. It's no allocation based.

I still haven't gotten one and I was one of the last Amazon orders

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I know the world is way different right now with COVID etc but those that preordered from Microsoft before (One X?) are they typically good about launch day delivery?

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I think Sony, MS, and every retailer are to blame. They are a complete shit show in every sense of the word. They have had so much time to prepare so many years, and This is how they handle it?
Unfknbelievable

ThePunisher

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like there are preorders of the series x available at target again. Just saw the option to preorder in the target app.

BobbyFett

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure where to post this or if this is even allowed, but I have an extra preorder for a xbox series s from BestBuy. If someone on here wants it let me know. Otherwise I will just cancel it.

Deleted member 6562

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I got the same email yesterday. I bought off the smile Amazon site just before I saw it go live on their main site so I think I got in early. I wonder if they sent this to everyone. I was having problems with checkout at MS's site and didn't think it worked, but I did get an email from them that I had pre-ordered one. I don't need both so I'll cancel one. I was planning to cancel the one from the MS Store since I get 5% back on Amazon, but now I am not sure.

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
I got the same email yesterday. I bought off the smile Amazon site just before I saw it go live on their main site so I think I got in early. I wonder if they sent this to everyone. I was having problems with checkout at MS's site and didn't think it worked, but I did get an email from them that I had pre-ordered one. I don't need both so I'll cancel one. I was planning to cancel the one from the MS Store since I get 5% back on Amazon, but now I am not sure.
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about Amazon. They are just trying to cover their asses and most of us with Amazon preorders will likely get them on launch day. Worst case scenario you get it a day or two after launch. I would take the 5% cash back easily.

Deleted member 6562

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah thanks killa2max - I was just reading back some pages and see lots of people have gotten it. Seems like they want to under promise and still deliver. I feel like I have gotten one of these from them before for soemthing.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Shit, now that i got my 3 years of gamepass I really want a Series X. What's the best way to get ahold of one now? Set up alerts on websites and so on?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon should be able to tell people if they are getting their console on launch day a month before release. They should have an idea about their allocation, right?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon should be able to tell people if they are getting their console on launch day a month before release. They should have an idea about their allocation, right?
I'm sure there will be updates in the coming weeks. So yeah, we'll know if we're getting them on launch. I'm pretty optimistic. Even if we don't get them on day one, they'll send them out first to the people who got orders in earlier. So if they have another batch that goes up, we'd get our before they do.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I got a second one of those "Gamestop is saving a Series X console for you for signing up for all access" emails. I replied YES again obviously but I hope they don't fuck this up. I don't need 2 of them.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
got my buddy one finally.

Target had the pre-order icon lit.

When that happens....add the 2 year warranty coverage and it will allow it to add to your cart. After that you can spam add just the system to cart in the target app and eventually it will go through.

BadRabbit

Oct 29, 2017
GameStop restored my preorder

Here's the e-mail I received.

mkxzGHk_d.webp